Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

33 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I mentioned before that I had a feeling Marky and Tanev could be traded together. If the holdup was retention on Marky for NJ, we could definitely retain on Tanev in a package deal - for a bigger return of course.

Salary cap is also going up over $4M next season, so any additional salary an acquiring team takes on isn’t as unmanageable as they’d like everyone to believe. 

I don't think Tanev helps them.  The retention is more about next year.

Dougie out allows them to take on Markstrom with zero issues.

I like you suggestions though to get a better return.

But overall, I think we can deal Marky by himself.

Tanev should be worth a 1st as well as Hanifin.

Not just a 1st, but can't be greeedy.

If BT was here, would we see the same team?

Would we have Sharky and Kuz, or some 30 year old?

Would he be trying to add at TDL?

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I don't think Tanev helps them.  The retention is more about next year.

Dougie out allows them to take on Markstrom with zero issues.

I like you suggestions though to get a better return.

But overall, I think we can deal Marky by himself.

Tanev should be worth a 1st as well as Hanifin.

Not just a 1st, but can't be greeedy.

If BT was here, would we see the same team?

Would we have Sharky and Kuz, or some 30 year old?

Would he be trying to add at TDL?

Well the ask on Tanev is a 2nd + prospect.

Markstrom is a wildcard.  He could get 1st + prospect + NHL player.  Add on Tanev and things can upgrade from there.  NJD has good prospects.

26 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Well the ask on Tanev is a 2nd + prospect.

Markstrom is a wildcard.  He could get 1st + prospect + NHL player.  Add on Tanev and things can upgrade from there.  NJD has good prospects.

But why would they need Tanev?  They have cap.

A rental?  I suppose.

I think the ask is higher than a 2nd plus a prospect unless we are talking A prospect.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

But why would they need Tanev?  They have cap.

A rental?  I suppose.

I think the ask is higher than a 2nd plus a prospect unless we are talking A prospect.

Maybe they don't want Tanev.  But I think most teams would want to add NHL D going into the playoffs.  For a deep run.

Not surprised there are teams asking about Andersson. 

I don’t think the Flames can do that at this point. Andersson and Weegar are the only D with term. They need them right now.

It might make sense to explore at the next TDL, but not right now IMO. Besides I’m not sure this is the draft where you’d want to have as many as four 1st round picks.

13 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don’t think the Flames can do that at this point. Andersson and Weegar are the only D with term. They need them right now.

It might make sense to explore at the next TDL, but not right now IMO. Besides I’m not sure this is the draft where you’d want to have as many as four 1st round picks.

I agree.. people are just making clickbait headlines now .. are teams calling about Anderson? Of course they are .. is Conny hanging up the phone ? Probabaly 

I agree anybody is on the table with a good offer ..but Anderson is definitely not someone Conroy is dangling to teams right now 

Only reason Hanifin is out there is it's obvious he turned down the offer or he'd be off the table too 

I think you can even pinpoint the last game of the roadtrip as when he gave his decision..hanifin was a beast on that roadtrip.. suddenly the entire team is mailing it in since theyve been home ..

They can say all the right things but it's obvious the team is playing with the knowledge that he , tanev and likey markstrom are playing their last games waiting for the hammer to fall ... Even Tanev is mailing it in 

Nonis has been at the last 3 Bruins games ..I think that's where hanifin is going .. I can sense a sign and trade coming there .. they're poor in picks so that would elevate it to top prospects and roster players

1 hour ago, phoenix66 said:

I agree.. people are just making clickbait headlines now .. are teams calling about Anderson? Of course they are .. is Conny hanging up the phone ? Probabaly 

I agree anybody is on the table with a good offer ..but Anderson is definitely not someone Conroy is dangling to teams right now 

Only reason Hanifin is out there is it's obvious he turned down the offer or he'd be off the table too 

I think you can even pinpoint the last game of the roadtrip as when he gave his decision..hanifin was a beast on that roadtrip.. suddenly the entire team is mailing it in since theyve been home ..

They can say all the right things but it's obvious the team is playing with the knowledge that he , tanev and likey markstrom are playing their last games waiting for the hammer to fall ... Even Tanev is mailing it in 

Nonis has been at the last 3 Bruins games ..I think that's where hanifin is going .. I can sense a sign and trade coming there .. they're poor in picks so that would elevate it to top prospects and roster players

I would rather not deal with Boston. They're just so thin in picks/prospects.

I would need Poitras to be part of the return, if I was Conroy. Especially because the Bruins would be able to sign Hanifin. Mason Lohrei would be alright too. That said, if not Poitras, I think other teams would outbid BOS.

24 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I would need Poitras to be part of the return, if I was Conroy. Especially because the Bruins would be able to sign Hanifin. Mason Lohrei would be alright too. That said, if not Poitras, I think other teams would outbid BOS.

it’s an interesting one. I think the reason Boston is in there is it’s a place Hanifin would sign with so brings in the sign and trade. I agree it’s not a place the flames probably want to deal with but can you extract more? 

I think if you can get Poitras I’d be fine with less picks/return because that’s a pretty key piece. But if Boston won’t put him in the deal I would rather see more picks. 

15 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

My strategy with Andersson is can you use him to extract good young pieces. I don’t think you shop Andersson for picks, you try and leverage a team to give up good young players. Buffalo has a lot of centers can you get one? Would Necas be in play?

don’t trade him for a futures deal trade him to get a piece or two that can be part of your core in 2-3 years time. Doesn’t have to be at the deadline but I think the flames 100% should be listening intently on him 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cross16 said:

My strategy with Andersson is can you use him to extract good young pieces. I don’t think you shop Andersson for picks, you try and leverage a team to give up good young players. Buffalo has a lot of centers can you get one? Would Necas be in play?

don’t trade him for a futures deal trade him to get a piece or two that can be part of your core in 2-3 years time. Doesn’t have to be at the deadline but I think the flames 100% should be listening intently on him 

Yes agreed.  BUF needs RHS RD badly.  Same with OTT.  Would love to get back a under-21 C who still has untapped potential and can make it.

20 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Yes agreed.  BUF needs RHS RD badly.  Same with OTT.  Would love to get back a under-21 C who still has untapped potential and can make it.

I was all for Ridley Greig until I realized he doesn't follow the code.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Buffalo has a lot of centers can you get one? Would Necas be in play?

29 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I dont watch BUF, but Mittelstadt’s “stadts” ;) look pretty good. Does anyone have a take on this centerman? 

How does he compare to Mercer from NJ? Or Poitras in BOS? 

Mittlestadt is said to be available, but I am just not 100% sure he is a fit here. He is a pass first player so that means he most likely doesn’t fit with Huberdeau. So unless he is playing LW with Kadri I am not sure where he would fit in our lineup.

Buffalo most likely isn’t moving Cozens or Thompson.

If Hanifin is going to Boston, which I have a hard time seeing, hopefully it happens sooner than later. We would most likely have to take Grzelcyk back to make the cap work.

I am pretty sure you could flip Grzelcyk for a 3rd at the deadline.

Seen this rumoured trade:

to Pho

Anderson

(maybe more didn’t notice)

to Cgy

2024 first rounder

26 year old Crouse L/Rw

22 year old Soderstrom (sp) D

thoughts? 

If It’s just Anderson I’d say that’s a steal of a deal!

if it’s more how Much more would be too much? 

3 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

to Pho

Anderson

to Cgy

2024 first rounder

26 year old Crouse L/Rw

thoughts? 

Even it’s just Andersson that’s a hard no for me. Crouse is a good player, but he is a 3rd liner. Soderstrom hasn’t been able to catch on with the Coyotes and will probably be available on waivers soon. A 1st is nice, but it will be a middle round pick.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

to Pho

Anderson

to Cgy

2024 first rounder

26 year old Crouse L/Rw

thoughts? 

Horrible for Calgary. 

6 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Actually did some checking .. including Poitras, they have some appealing prospects . 

The Russian is intriguing..seems like a load of skill..plays center ... Not to mention would give kuzmenko someone to talk to lol

Id stay away from the college kids for obvious reasons..but I could see some potential for deals here .

Also with Nonis at the actual Bruins games tells me they're talking about a roster player of some kind 

https://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-top-10-prospects-2023-24/

4 hours ago, MP5029 said:

to Pho

Anderson

to Cgy

2024 first rounder

26 year old Crouse L/Rw

thoughts? 

Depends if ARZ is a top 4 pick and gives the Flames a chance at Dickinson or Levshunov.  Both are #1 D potential whereas Andersson tops out as a 2/3.

It's a risk and the Flames pick can always bust.  Andersson is a sure thing.  But if the Flames are going scorched Earth then I would trade Andersson for a chance at a "better Andersson in 5 years".

If ARZ pick is 5/6/7/8, then it's still worth considering if the Flames have their guy in there.

4 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Actually did some checking .. including Poitras, they have some appealing prospects . 

The Russian is intriguing..seems like a load of skill..plays center ... Not to mention would give kuzmenko someone to talk to lol

Id stay away from the college kids for obvious reasons..but I could see some potential for deals here .

Also with Nonis at the actual Bruins games tells me they're talking about a roster player of some kind 

https://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-top-10-prospects-2023-24/

My issue with Lysell or Merkulov would be that they are wingers. 

I get that they need the best players they can possibly acquire, but between Huberdeau/Coronato/Pelletier/Zary/Coleman/Pospisil. They have a ton of wingers that have term or club control. Sam Honzek is a winger too. That’s not even including the possibility of Sharangovich, Kuzmenko or Mang signing an extension. 

I would really like a C or D prospect. The pipeline is thin in those areas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

My issue with Lysell or Merkulov would be that they are wingers. 

I get that they need the best players they can possibly acquire, but between Huberdeau/Coronato/Pelletier/Zary/Coleman/Pospisil. They have a ton of wingers that have term or club control. Sam Honzek is a winger too. That’s not even including the possibility of Sharangovich, Kuzmenko or Mang signing an extension. 

I would really like a C or D prospect. The pipeline is thin in those areas.

Merkulov is a center 

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=229105

5 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Maybe. Listed as LW on the AHL scoring leaders. Capfriendly too. Maybe there’s some versatility. 

Flames should hold out for Poitras though.

Fron what I've read around he's a natural center who can play the wing.. even on the Providence team roster he's listed as Center... When he was was called up for a few games he played 3rd line center

Totally... But actually I want em both