Dillon Dube

The_People1

This WJC stuff is potentially not good, first Dube now Hart…fingers crossed it’s nothing terrible for all involved…..

on the flip side, recent rumours (again it’s not very credible) have Kadri linked to
Col…main reason cited is Kadri is not looking to stick around through a rebuild process.

while I believe Kadri won’t stick around for a rebuild, my question is more would Col really want him at 7 mil? I can’t see retaining 25-50% o. Him for what another 5 years? So how or could that work and if so, who or what could  Cgy get for him.

i figure this rumour is about 10% possible  based solely on the the fact Kadri would probably not stick around for a rebuild or major retooling…which with the amount of UFA’s potentially leaving (either by trade of UFA) there is a possibility he may want to be traded…also I’m not sure if that time frame would be this TDL, I’d suspect it would be this offseason if at all…thoughts?

8 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

This WJC stuff is potentially not good, first Dube now Hart…fingers crossed it’s nothing terrible for all involved…..

I hope for terrible results for those involved, toxic behaviour that puts a bad name on the sport, team sports in general and men in general.  If they did it Blockchain em and good riddance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sak22 said:

I hope for terrible results for those involved, toxic behaviour that puts a bad name on the sport, team sports in general and men in general.  If they did it Blockchain em and good riddance.

I'm just going to 'Like' this, and then unlike it, so that I can 'Like' it again for the next little while.

Love.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sak22 said:

12 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I'm just going to 'Like' this, and then unlike it, so that I can 'Like' it again for the next little while.

Love.

Yes, hockey culture has a bad reputation. There are good people in it, but then sometimes those who we see as good people can actually end up as not so good. Like how @cross16 explained about the NHL going backwards regarding the whole Oiler signing of Perry. I have no clue what he did, but it sounds like bad behaviour and chalking it up to bad behaviour, or boys will be boys and all that kind of stuff. 

I hope that their mental health gets better, but if it's due to the WJC situation, that kind of stuff can't be swept under the rug and that kind of stuff cannot be iced. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Ahhh…I may have forgot a part on that, I meant if they were doing anything wrong those involved in the team but not the incident….those involved in the incident I’m 100% with you on 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sak22 said:

They would fit into the EDM version of team culture.

Anybody welcome, we don\t care what you did.

IMHO, the Calgary Flames are simply not good enough to be a play-off team this season or next.

I think that they are best served to trade all of their major upcoming UFAs (Lindholm, Hanifin, and Tanev) for current NHL players under the age of 23, highly ranked prospects, and draft picks (the more bullets in the magazine, the better).

I feel that for the last 5 seasons Calgary has had quite decent amateur and pro scouting.

Add in a little draft lotto luck, and the Flames could well be very competitive by the time the new arena opens.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, travel_dude said:

They would fit into the EDM version of team culture.

Anybody welcome, we don\t care what you did.

Well some interesting dots there, Bob Nicholson is still the president and every controversial signing or PTO they have given have won gold medals during Nicholson's tenure with Hockey Canada.

12 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Well some interesting dots there, Bob Nicholson is still the president and every controversial signing or PTO they have given have won gold medals during Nicholson's tenure with Hockey Canada.

There is giving a guy a 2nd chance and using their culture issues to sign to a team friendly deal.  Kane was not exactly a guy deserving a 2nd chance, since it was not simply a 2nd time he had been toxic to a team.  Perry is just a well known douchebag, but his recent struggle should have put him on the recovery train for this season.  Not on a shopping list for a team thinking they are a contender.

23 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

3rd member of that WJC team to ask for a leave of absence in a week.

Fwiw, McLeod and Foote were absent from a Devils function last night and not at practice today.

Unfortunately, anyone missing from practice is going to be painted with that brush.  The dots are distressing, since 5 people that were on that squad are all MIA.  If there was no story about 5 players being asked to surrender themselves, this wouldn't be an issue.  The timing for them sucks.

FWIW, Marino is also missing practice.  

14 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Unfortunately, anyone missing from practice is going to be painted with that brush.  The dots are distressing, since 5 people that were on that squad are all MIA.  If there was no story about 5 players being asked to surrender themselves, this wouldn't be an issue.  The timing for them sucks.

FWIW, Marino is also missing practice.  

More than just practice now

Looks like the dots are fully connected on this. 5 players now have taken indefinite leaves coinciding with this report that they will need to report for charges. 

I'll withhold anything else until it becomes official but really hard to see this as just a coincidence.  

Going to be very disappointing if the Flames tried to spin this into a mental health thing if the root cause is something different. 

1 minute ago, sak22 said:

More than just practice now

So, one has requested mental health absences, while the other 4 have just asked for leave of absences.  I hope that Dube's is mental health, which sounds odd.  The stigma associated with mental health is bad enough for the player to deal with, but one hopes that it is not an excuse for "personal" reasons.  

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

So, one has requested mental health absences, while the other 4 have just asked for leave of absences.  I hope that Dube's is mental health, which sounds odd.  The stigma associated with mental health is bad enough for the player to deal with, but one hopes that it is not an excuse for "personal" reasons.  

That's kind of why I was thinking guilt through association with the team; if Dube isn't involved directly, but knowing that something was going on behind the scenes at the event, and feeling like he can't do anything, he'd be a wreck mentally. That was what I meant by feeling of guilt through the knowing or association rather than being directly involved. It is really difficult to fathom what he'd be going through if he knew, and what that does to mental health.

Imagine feeling helpless and not being able to do anything about it as they would probably pressure him to not say anything. Sounds like one of those movies where they basically threaten him not to do anything.

Not saying he is guilty or not, just that mental health can go deeper. He could be beating himself up over it for knowing and that has an accumulative affect, that builds and builds. 

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

That's kind of why I was thinking guilt through association with the team; if Dube isn't involved directly, but knowing that something was going on behind the scenes at the event, and feeling like he can't do anything, he'd be a wreck mentally. That was what I meant by feeling of guilt through the knowing or association rather than being directly involved. It is really difficult to fathom what he'd be going through if he knew, and what that does to mental health.

Imagine feeling helpless and not being able to do anything about it as they would probably pressure him to not say anything. Sounds like one of those movies where they basically threaten him not to do anything.

Not saying he is guilty or not, just that mental health can go deeper. He could be beating himself up over it for knowing and that has an accumulative affect, that builds and builds. 

I get that.  The thing that concerns me is that there has only been 5 players asking for indefinite leave and there are 5 that have to surrender to the police.  That's not being a witness and not doing anything.  That implies charges being levelled.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I get that.  The thing that concerns me is that there has only been 5 players asking for indefinite leave and there are 5 that have to surrender to the police.  That's not being a witness and not doing anything.  That implies charges being levelled.

Yup, it definitely I concerning. I was responding to what we knew at the time. 

There is one of the stories from awhile back that states a player's agent was in contact with TSN to say their player knew of what happened, didn't do anything because he was unsure whether things were consensual or not, and after 10 minutes they left because things didn't "feel right." I dunno whether that is being complicit or not, or if that's Dube or not.

From what I can recall from when it first came out, it seemed when it first came out that they were saying Dube was not in that mix of those being investigated... So, I dunno what the team would have known back then. 

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Yup, it definitely I concerning. I was responding to what we knew at the time. 

There is one of the stories from awhile back that states a player's agent was in contact with TSN to say their player knew of what happened, didn't do anything because he was unsure whether things were consensual or not, and after 10 minutes they left because things didn't "feel right." I dunno whether that is being complicit or not, or if that's Dube or not.

From what I can recall from when it first came out, it seemed when it first came out that they were saying Dube was not in that mix of those being investigated... So, I dunno what the team would have known back then. 

A year agio, this is what he said to the media:

“Since the beginning I’ve cooperated in any way possible,” said Dube. “I will continue to do that. With it going on, I wish I could share more, but that’s kind of all I can share up to this point.”

Also....

Dillon Dube, Toronto Star, July 18: his agent Dave Cowan told reporter Kevin McGran that “Dillon did not engage in any wrongdoing, and he co-operated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018, through which all players were then cleared of any wrongdoing.”

Cal Foote, May 30: His agent, Kurt Overhardt, also spoke with Ken Campbell, and is quoted as saying “Cal Foote was not involved in any way.”

None of the other 3 provided comment.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Also....

Dillon Dube, Toronto Star, July 18: his agent Dave Cowan told reporter Kevin McGran that “Dillon did not engage in any wrongdoing, and he co-operated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018, through which all players were then cleared of any wrongdoing.”

Cal Foote, May 30: His agent, Kurt Overhardt, also spoke with Ken Campbell, and is quoted as saying “Cal Foote was not involved in any way.”

None of the other 3 provided comment.

I seen that too, but what it says is he didn’t many wrong doing…there is of course the possibility he failed to do/repot something…Canadian Criminal offences have an “act” or “omission” (fail

to act) in them…

18 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

It's too bad. Not that the Flames would have traded Dube... 

I wonder when all that trades will start to go down. We have about a month and a half or so?

Bring it back to hockey-talk...

Will be interesting to see, I think for the Flames the current homestand has been a disaster so far and a .500 at best 6 game homestand isn't going to sell that this team is capable of more.  I think the team may be aggressive after the East trip after the break and look to do most of the business before the end of February.

• Like 1