Dillon Dube

The_People1

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

It's too bad. Not that the Flames would have traded Dube... 

I wonder when all that trades will start to go down. We have about a month and a half or so?

Bring it back to hockey-talk...

I think that we missed any chance to trade him.  It was as soon as the investigation started.  Once that happened, I think the players on the WJC team were PNG, where nobody would touch them.

I will be glad when we get back to hockey and not toxic hockey.  This really is a black eye to Hockey Canada and by affiliation the NHL.  Not that the NHL had any control, just that the players are part of the league.  A league that wants more women and girls to become fans.

13 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I think that we missed any chance to trade him.  It was as soon as the investigation started.  Once that happened, I think the players on the WJC team were PNG, where nobody would touch them.

I will be glad when we get back to hockey and not toxic hockey.  This really is a black eye to Hockey Canada and by affiliation the NHL.  Not that the NHL had any control, just that the players are part of the league.  A league that wants more women and girls to become fans.

Were they all 18 at the time?  Assuming all five are guilty, then they should be banned from hockey for life.

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

How does non-roster count against the cap?  Full amount?

2 hours ago, MP5029 said:

Good question and is it counted towards the contract limit? 

We are showing 22 on the roster, so not included in the number.

As soon as Ruzicka and DeSimone are claimed or assigned, we have 20.

Then Pelts and Kyl get added to the number.

Dube is not in the same situation as Kylington was.

Just non-roster personal leave.

So, we pay (in more ways than one) until he goes on LTIR (if allowed) or is terminated.

The latter is way too far from reality to consider.

I was thinking that he may turn state's evidence if he was a witness.

Ask for immunity.

But that would imply that he was quiet about it.

I had heard that the stories surfaced after the fact.

Somebody felt it needed to be reported.

It may not be as cut and dried as they kept silent.

After all, HC was keeping this under wraps and LPS didn't press charges.

Sorry, I may be mixing this up with Halifax 2003.

This whole saga is sickening.  I hate the implications to hockey and to the WJC.

We all know young adults do stupid things, but this is assault at it's worst.

14 hours ago, The_People1 said:

How does non-roster count against the cap?  Full amount?

Full amount yes. Looks like Dube is off the roster (so they gain a roster spot)but he still counts against the cap. I would be very surprised if the nhl would grant the flames LTIR in this situation. 
not to get ahead of things but a suspension, if it gets there, would remove his cap hit as suspended players don’t count. 

2 hours ago, MP5029 said:

Well so far only 1 (Alex Formenton, Ott draft pick) is facing charges, that’s a good sign that maybe Dube is there for information/witness 

Alex Formenton, a former Canadian world junior hockey player and ex-member of the Ottawa Senators who currently plays in Switzerland, is facing charges in London, Ont., his lawyer said Sunday.

Formenton made no comment as he arrived at London police headquarters late Sunday morning with his lawyers, Daniel Brown and Lindsay Board.

"The London Police have charged several players, including Alex Formenton, in connection with an accusation made in 2018," Brown, who is lead counsel, said in an email.

I don't think lack of specific news means much.  The lawyers will set up a time that they will surrender, and maybe have it occur out of the public eye.  

7 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Patrick Laine officially enters NHL Player Assistance Program for mental issues.

Just curious, did Dube officially enter NHL Player Assistance too?

There was only the announce about personal leave to attend to his mental health.

There it is.

Four National Hockey League players – Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube, and Cal Foote – have been directed to surrender to police in London, Ont., to be charged with sexual assault in connection with an alleged incident that occurred during a Hockey Canada event in the city in June 2018, two sources familiar with the matter told TSN.

https://www.tsn.ca/sources-confirm-nhl-players-facing-charges-in-sexual-assault-investigation-1.2069570

No Blockchaining love.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Heartbreaker said:

The only surprise is that it took this long.  Good riddance to all. but I'd love for everyone at Hockey Canada who helped build this disgraceful culture to rot in cells with them.

• Like 1

The Flames should have to answer to, and be held accountable for, trying to spin this as them looking out for Dube's mental health. 

Was questionable when it happened and looks terrible now. Especially trying to time it with Kylington's arrival. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The Flames should have to answer to, and be held accountable for, trying to spin this as them looking out for Dube's mental health. 

Was questionable when it happened and looks terrible now. Especially trying to time it with Kylington's arrival. 

Do we know for a fact that Dube wasn't under the care of health professionals?  We do know he has yet to surrender, but we can't really throw out that there wasn't a mental health crisis for him.  Don't need to feel bad for him , but theres a lot of assumptions on who knew what.

Brutal, if found all guilty they pay the price lose their careers and its justified that they should so.

I don't think the Flames as Cross mentions are painting it anything but have to protect Dube's mental health until found guilty

I have zero tolerance for these people, I'm still hoping Dube wasn't part of it but if so bye bye.. , Hockey Canada also is a disgrace trying to cover this chit up.

Thanks for the link (update) Heartbreaker.

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Agreed.

Either the Flames lied for Dube or Dube lied to the Flames and said he needed time for mental health checks.  In any event, Dube never checked in to the NHL Players Assistance program to seek this help.  So is he getting this help privately out of pocket?

So therefore no evidence he is seeking help whatsoever.  It was a cover.  Playing the victim card preemptively.

Which, I mean, if Dube is lying about something like this... Geez.  Compulsive lying much?  It all looks so bad and trial hasn't even begun yet.

9 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Do we know for a fact that Dube wasn't under the care of health professionals?  We do know he has yet to surrender, but we can't really throw out that there wasn't a mental health crisis for him.  Don't need to feel bad for him , but theres a lot of assumptions on who knew what.

I don't think whether or not he is under the care of mental health professionals matters in this case. It's pretty clear now, and was strongly suspected at the time, that the reason he needed to step away were these charges.  

I'm not suggesting the Flames lied but they wondered into a place I don't think they should have. for a few days the storyline was "good on the Flames" and that shouldn't have been the case. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

I don't think whether or not he is under the care of mental health professionals matters in this case. It's pretty clear now, and was strongly suspected at the time, that the reason he needed to step away were these charges.  

I'm not suggesting the Flames lied but they wondered into a place I don't think they should have. for a few days the storyline was "good on the Flames" and that shouldn't have been the case. 

For sure, but was that their intention or the media spin.  Their statement vs. the Laine one were vastly different.  A lot of fans were quickly skeptical the day it happened and even more so the next day once Hart stepped away, but between people like Seravalli denying any involvement and the media who should've used more caution.  

I do have to say though that I do feel for people in the organization, never easy when people who you've been close with have their skeletons revealed or show a darker side of themselves.  Dube took a lot of younger guys under his wings and Lucic family were the glue behind a lot of team functions over the past few years.

2 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Speaking of my favorite guy 

Frank has been really off on this one and honestly he's really starting to hurt his credibility with me.

Trying to absolve the teams of this is a bad look. This has been talked about in the hockey world for some time and the names that are being charged have not exactly been kept quiet. 

I don't doubt at all that players were told by the counsel not to say anything but that doesn't mean the clubs didn't know. 

8 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Frank has been really off on this one and honestly he's really starting to hurt his credibility with me.

Trying to absolve the teams of this is a bad look. This has been talked about in the hockey world for some time and the name that are being charged have not exactly been kept quiet. 

I don't doubt at all that players were told by the counsel not to say anything but that doesn't mean the clubs didn't know. 

In the same segment he states that he isn't quick to conclude the players on leave are those who have been asked to surrender, which as of now 4 of the 5 have been charged.  Frank will do the dirty work for the agents, Carter Hart has a very powerful one at the moment.  I do think in all areas the NHL and the teams should be lower in the blame game for this, none of these guys were playing in the league at the time.  The players are far and away #1 for the blame here, but Hockey Canada and the London Police shouldn't come out of this with a good image.  But with how horrendous the NHL is at PR I just know they will come out looking worse than they should.

3 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I'm with you buddy.  I was worried about this when it first surfaced, but assured by many that it was not him.

Seems to me that his play followed the coming storm, in that he never seemed to be 100% all there.

The dropoff is possible with players that just struggle, but this seemed more.

Okay, so the reality is now he will be charged with something.

At best it might be negligence for not reporting it, but that's a stretch.

At worst, he's charged with the really bad ones.

He's not guilty until proven guilty, but being aquitted isn't innocent.

If he was there, and it happened, and he was part of it, he's a dirt bag.