2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

conundrumed

15 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I was cheering for the Florida Lomberg's, but now he's hurt.

The problem with the Leafs in is you hear very little about any other series. Then if the Leafs win it's because they're great, lose because they're awful. The competition has very little to do with it. It's altogether painful commentary.

Question, is Holl a horrible dman or have the fans effectively run him out of town? They won't re-sign him, no doubt in my mind. He's ALWAYS the go-to scapegoat. What a toxic fanbase.

The Leafs and Oilers basically do the same thing.

They lose a series and it's one person's fault.

Leafs, it was Kadri or Sandin or whatever.

Oilers it was Bear or Smith or Talbot or Deharnais or or or.

On 5/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, Heartbreaker said:

You know, it's funny... there were a lot of people around here saying we should try something like that back when they were Flames. 👀

Love.

Can you imagine their conversations...

Edmonton roars right back unsurprisingly.

In what world do you start Broissoit over Hill?

Not saying Hill is a world beater, but I highly doubt that he's worse than Broissoit.

I don't think it's going to matter. I have a lot of good friends that are Oilers fans so I'm happy for them. No point washing away my Flames misery onto them.lol

They're pretty capped out for next year. Good thing Drai is $4mil per under value for 2 more.

13 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Edmonton roars right back unsurprisingly.

In what world do you start Broissoit over Hill?

Not saying Hill is a world beater, but I highly doubt that he's worse than Broissoit.

I don't think it's going to matter. I have a lot of good friends that are Oilers fans so I'm happy for them. No point washing away my Flames misery onto them.lol

They're pretty capped out for next year. Good thing Drai is $4mil per under value for 2 more.

You can't expect to beat a team that wins because of powerplays if you give them 5 in a game.

3 on PP and one SH and they had 5 in total.

Brossoit is better than he showed, but I think they need to switch goalies.

When you have a goalie's number, no point in playing them.

We didn't learn that against the Oilers last year.

6 hours ago, The_People1 said:

VGK stayed out of the box and we saw the Oilers shut down.  5-on-5, VGK is the better team.  

Adin Hill FORCED in.lol Didn't realize injury had him not seeing much time.

I kind of overlooked the NYI pick(DET) is at 18. If FLA beats the Leafs out, it moves up to 17thoa. 9th and 17th. Not too shabby!! Then 41, 42 & 43. Should be some solid adds, or capital to move up.

Another failure in Toronto.

Dubas is now in the BT situation. Does he stay or go? Maybe not the worst thing for Leafs Nation if he moves on...

All of a sudden their down to their final year of Matthews. He's coming off a "down" year by his lofty standards, I don't see any incentive for him to sign a year ahead of UFA. Next year Mackinnon becomes the leagues highest paid player, Matthews will surpass that. I'm of the belief he will be an LA King in 24/25. Coincides with Kopitar's 10x8 expiring.

11 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Another failure in Toronto.

Dubas is now in the BT situation. Does he stay or go? Maybe not the worst thing for Leafs Nation if he moves on...

All of a sudden their down to their final year of Matthews. He's coming off a "down" year by his lofty standards, I don't see any incentive for him to sign a year ahead of UFA. Next year Mackinnon becomes the leagues highest paid player, Matthews will surpass that. I'm of the belief he will be an LA King in 24/25. Coincides with Kopitar's 10x8 expiring.

I think Matthews wants to play in ARZ where he's from.  It would be the perfect timing too because ARZ is loading up on young kids and ready to emerge from the basement.  They also might get the new Tempe arena so their financial situation will be secured.  Good fit there.

Dubas is an idiot to give Matthews max money and never bought a single year of UFA.

37 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

It was in.

I don't know man.  I saw the 2004 replays as being more conclusive that this one.

The line is so fuzzy when all the blades scrape aabove it.

Has to be white between the edge of the line and the puck.

It was goal on the ice though, right?

28 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I think Matthews wants to play in ARZ where he's from.  It would be the perfect timing too because ARZ is loading up on young kids and ready to emerge from the basement.  They also might get the new Tempe arena so their financial situation will be secured.  Good fit there.

Dubas is an idiot to give Matthews max money and never bought a single year of UFA.

I just don’t think Arizona will be able to afford Matthews. It’s gonna bonus heavy. Really hard to do for that organization.

They also might be playing in Houston sooner than later.

LA or Chicago are Matthews destinations I think 

4 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I just don’t think Arizona will be able to afford Matthews. It’s gonna bonus heavy. Really hard to do for that organization.

They also might be playing in Houston sooner than later.

LA or Chicago are Matthews destinations I think 

that really depends on the player. Many contracts are as a way of enticing players to stay or to sign with clubs, but if he wants to play in his home town, I'm sure he understands their situations.

Can they sign that kind of deal? They might be able to considering every team gets a portion of the full NHL revenue, through top ups from other teams doing well, do they not? 

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

that really depends on the player. Many contracts are as a way of enticing players to stay or to sign with clubs, but if he wants to play in his home town, I'm sure he understands their situations.

Can they sign that kind of deal? They might be able to considering every team gets a portion of the full NHL revenue, through top ups from other teams doing well, do they not? 

I’m just at the point where I’ll believe it when I see it with the Yotes.

Ive just got a hard time seeing that ownership giving out what will be the richest contract in NHL history. It could be between 13-15x7

9 hours ago, robrob74 said:

5 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I’m just at the point where I’ll believe it when I see it with the Yotes.

Ive just got a hard time seeing that ownership giving out what will be the richest contract in NHL history. It could be between 13-15x7

Ya I think with a new arena coming and a player willing to go home, ARZ needs a super star for that market and for that new arena.  Matthews "may" take a hometown discount.  "Settle" for $1-mil less per year and/or do a back loaded contract to help ARZ for the first 3-years.

14 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I don't know man.  I saw the 2004 replays as being more conclusive that this one.

The line is so fuzzy when all the blades scrape aabove it.

Has to be white between the edge of the line and the puck.

It was goal on the ice though, right?

If that wasn't in, then surely this is a holding the stick penalty?