GDT - Flames @ Blue Jackets - December 9, 2022 - 5:00PM MDT Start

Heartbreaker

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Lucic played 5 mins tonight. 

Tonight was not by design I don't think.  Hard to roll 4 lines in an over-officiated game, how much of the third was even 5 on 5, Lucic and Horny don't do either special teams and had the lowest ice time by a significant amount.  Real story of the season if the PP doesn't produce a goal this teams tends to lose.

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I see a player with very little left in the tank.

I don't see how the Flames can run him out there 50 more times this season. Might be time to have a very difficult conversation.

50 gams at 5 minutes each.

I think he can jandle that.

Not like he's fighting or hitting that much ot skating.

Didn't even need to wash his jersey.

Flush this one/  It wasn't anything to watch or gauge the team on.

Too many went to Johnny's for supper last night.

Like they didn't want to play the game against him.

The D was bad.

The F were trying to look cute.

The hitters weren't hitting.

Lucic had one good hit in the entire game, but he is lost with Ritchie to make him look good.

Or without Rooney to show he's not the worst.

Best line out there was Backlund, but even Coleman was messing up plays.

Not sure how our coverage was so bad that they get multiple 2 on 0's.

The D pimch and nobody covers.

Where is the C?

Anyway, I would prefer to see them ice the kid than the F's that played tonight.

9 of them anyway.

Sutter isn't wrong when he tried disallowing players to be friendly with the oppostion, this, this is what happens.This game 100% goes to show you why you shouldn't give two flying F's about past team mates or even be allowed to visit with them.  This was the perfect game to get some reps in continue the winning streak agaisnt one of the worst teams in the league, but nope baby gifts and dinner with the enemy is more important.Your here to battle not share baby photos and have a friendly dinner with your enemy, candy Hash Rate BS. This game should have been a given  2 points but nope only gift giving was to CLB and JG wife and kid on their visit. God its infurating to watch that crap. TO tommorow, be prepared for the Hash Rate whooping your about to receive, boys.... beyond embarrssing tonight beyond. 

That was painful to watch.

Not sure how to sum this up other than maybe Johnny inviting the boys over last night and softened them up one way or another for the task at hand this evening.

The PP was anemic and has been all season. When we gain the ozone on the PP we struggle just to control the puck on the outside perimeter, no creativity, no set plays, few quality shots generated on net, low probability at best, except for Stoner who at least will blast one from the point, and maybe score.

Huberdeau wouldn’t take a shot on net if his life depended on it. Like the return on the MT trade but the Huberdeau extension is already looking like the Skinner extension and it hasn’t even kicked in yet.

The fourth-line is not the issue here, dress whoever, just keep the puck out of your net, the problems right now is line 1 and the PP. I’m not putting this on goaltending, 2 breakaways, your 50% at best.

Toss the last 3 minutes out the window, that's desperation hockey for teams who did things right for the first 57 min.

• Like 2