GDT - Flames @ Blue Jackets - December 9, 2022 - 5:00PM MDT Start

Heartbreaker

Just now, conundrumed said:

Fixed;/

Thought about putting that lol.

Frustrating team. Feels like the offence has been really feast or famine.

I've been patient, but we're getting to the middle of December. It's time to ask more of Mr. Huberdeau. A 53pt pace is not good enough. I think you can argue whether or not he wanted to be here, but the reality is, he's here for 9 seasons. He has a lot more to give. If he can be in the 80pt or more range, the Flames make the playoffs. If he's gonna score 50pts. The Flames will be looking at a 14th overall draft pick.

Right now, it looks like the Flames are gonna have a hard time making the playoffs

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I've been patient, but we're getting to the middle of December. It's time to ask more of Mr. Huberdeau. A 53pt pace is not good enough. I think you can argue whether or not he wanted to be here, but the reality is, he's here for 9 seasons. He has a lot more to give. If he can be in the 80pt or more range, the Flames make the playoffs. If he's gonna score 50pts. The Flames will be looking at a 14th overall draft pick.

Right now, it looks like the Flames are gonna have a hard time making the playoffs

Huberdeau doesn't even look dangerous.  It's not like the chances are there and it's a matter of capitalizing.  He's actually not even getting quality chances.

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I just don't see the talent on the team. I feel like there might be a lot of similar players and there's a lot of getting in each other's ways. Also, the team skates too much in a straight line. There's no movement. They keep to a North - South lane and I think it is really easy to defend. Get shots but there is very little east west movement to get the other team guessing. Also not really getting goalies to move. Keeps them fresh...

Just now, robrob74 said:

I just don't see the talent on the team. I feel like there might be a lot of similar players and there's a lot of getting in each other's ways. Also, the team skates too much in a straight line. There's no movement. They keep to a North - South lane and I think it is really easy to defend. Get shots but there is very little east west movement to get the other team guessing. Also not really getting goalies to move. Keeps them fresh...

We have talent but... The mix.   The lack of RHS options.  Only 1 RHS Center.  Forcing LWs to play RW, etc.  On D, one too many RHS RD.  Weegar not clicking with anyone and the points aren't there.  It's a mess.

3 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Huberdeau doesn't even look dangerous.  It's not like the chances are there and it's a matter of capitalizing.  He's actually not even getting quality chances.

He's been actually producing in the past 5-10 games, but yes, he's not dangerous. He can and has to be better. He's their most talented offensive player. They need more than a 53pt pace from him.

4 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Lucic played 5 mins tonight. They have talent in the organization. We still haven't seen them use it. The game has changed. 4th lines don't need to be filled with bruisers. Minnesota's 4th line exposed Calgary, Shaw and Dewar with Reaves, two young skilled guys. Something the Flames could learn from.

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Lucic played 5 mins tonight. They have talent in the organization. We still haven't seen them use it. The game has changed. 4th lines don't need to be filled with bruisers. Minnesota's 4th line exposed Calgary, Shaw and Dewar with Reaves, two young skilled guys. Something the Flames could learn from.

It's looking like the guy we should've traded to Montreal for cap space was Lucic and not Monahan.

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

We have talent but... The mix.   The lack of RHS options.  Only 1 RHS Center.  Forcing LWs to play RW, etc.  On D, one too many RHS RD.  Weegar not clicking with anyone and the points aren't there.  It's a mess.

I dunno...

Mangiapane and Dube aren't really that great. I think Mangiapane can be good but a tad bit too easy to shut down and he's now on people's radar as a goal scorer so keying on him more.  He's not finding ways to score. And if he's playing the second line he needs to score more. Same with Dube. 

i actually liked Zahorna tonight. He was skating. 

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

It's looking like the guy we should've traded to Montreal for cap space was Lucic and not Monahan.

I see a player with very little left in the tank.

I don't see how the Flames can run him out there 50 more times this season. Might be time to have a very difficult conversation.