UFA 2021

robrob74

4 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Now the question is.... whos gonna move to free up room on the left side.

Well, if you believe the scuttlebutt, Eichel is coming for Tkachuk.

Means we have available choices of Mangiapane and Gaudreau and Lindholm for top 6.

Maybe he's not a top 6 player, but he could be. 

Just now, The_Snowbear said:

For coleman is that a good deal or overprooced etc etc

I dunno either. But you look at his numbers and it’s horrible. I’d say a step up from Lucic, but not much more… so I think it’s bad. Another bad play in UFA, paying big to fill a need. 

3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

36 points as a career high. I guess you pay for intangibles? 4.9 is a lot for someone only with such a low career high. Yikes! 

He was at a near 50 point pace pro-rated this year playing on a 3rd line.  It's 600K and one year less than Hyman who benefits from playing with superstars.  Not a great deal, but for someone who complains about speed and effort, this is your guy.

• Like 2

I’m kinda liking the McGinn idea, but he’s another LW…

the trouble here is yes like the type of players they are bringing in but it’s in a position we are already far too deep in, there must be something brewing involving Tachuck, Gaudreau and or Manji and Lucic, no way you bring in Coleman and not move Lucic no cap room or position room

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

the trouble here is yes like the type of players they are bringing in but it’s in a position we are already far too deep in, there must be something brewing involving Tachuck, Gaudreau and or Manji and Lucic, no way you bring in Coleman and not move Lucic no cap room or position room

Sure feels like it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sak22 said:

He was at a near 50 point pace pro-rated this year playing on a 3rd line.  It's 600K and one year less than Hyman who benefits from playing with superstars.  Not a great deal, but for someone who complains about speed and effort, this is your guy.

I get it, I do like that, just worried about the fit, and price. 

but you pay for it in FA. 

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

Lucic may not be on the way out, but if I had to guess I would say something in the works with Tkachuk.

1 minute ago, sak22 said:

The goaltending market is thinning.  Reimer, Hutton, Dubnyk seem to be the only ones

CAR signing Freddie and Raanta.

WPG signed Comrie, but that is more an AHL deal.

Halak going to VAN.

Elliott going to TBL.

Brossoit is available.

26 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I dunno either. But you look at his numbers and it’s horrible. I’d say a step up from Lucic, but not much more… so I think it’s bad. Another bad play in UFA, paying big to fill a need. 

I would say you don't have a very good handle on who Coleman is as a player if you are going to argue that he is not much of a step up from Lucic. 

This is a significant step up from Lucic

• Like 3