UFA 2021

robrob74

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, ABC923 said:

If we sign gudbranson, I may puke. Just in the middle of my day, not knowing anything has happened, I may just vomit spontaneously as the ink is drying on the paper before the announcement is even made.

Was pretty sick yesterday, no real reason, threw up a few times. Now I know why...

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

• 4 months later...
41 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

might need to sign in his off season?

I'm curious about that yes.  And, whether it is possible to sign him or if he goes back into the draft (not even sure if he was draft elligible last year or what). 

He'd be a good prospect to get for free, that's for sure

12 hours ago, jjgallow said:

I'm curious about that yes.  And, whether it is possible to sign him or if he goes back into the draft (not even sure if he was draft elligible last year or what). 

He'd be a good prospect to get for free, that's for sure

Says he is eligible for 22 draft.

Not ranked very high for a 21 year old.

Not exactly sure why he was passed over so long.

But an older player in the CHL is expected to be killing it

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Says he is eligible for 22 draft.

Not ranked very high for a 21 year old.

Not exactly sure why he was passed over so long.

But an older player in the CHL is expected to be killing it

hmm

so....did we have the ability to give him a PTO last offseason?  

And if he is skipped over in this draft, would we have the ability to give him a PTO?

I'm not expecting him to get passed over this time, but he could.    Is he worth a 6th rounder?

5 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

hmm

so....did we have the ability to give him a PTO last offseason?  

And if he is skipped over in this draft, would we have the ability to give him a PTO?

I'm not expecting him to get passed over this time, but he could.    Is he worth a 6th rounder?

I think he was in the Euro league, so not likely to accept a PTO.

In fact, it might have had to be an ATO, since he wasn't previously drafted.

The best I can find is he was in the 2020 draft and was passed over.  He didn't do a lot in 2021, so not selected if available.  Was available to Sweden for the WJC 20 and 21, but didn't make the team.

He may go higher than 6th or may drop to 7th.  He's getting press, so lots of teams will know about him.  A 21 year old is still a risky pick, even though he seems to be killing it.  Do you look for another Wolf or a guy like this.  He might be another Dal Colle.

They could have offered him an ATO this offseason and invited him to camp, but the only way to make him part of the organization would have been to offer him an entry level contract.  Undrafted Junior players still eligible for the draft have to go back to juniors unless the team is willing to gain their rights by giving them a full ELC. 

If he goes unselected in this year's draft he'll be a Unrestricted free agent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I think he was in the Euro league, so not likely to accept a PTO.

In fact, it might have had to be an ATO, since he wasn't previously drafted.

The best I can find is he was in the 2020 draft and was passed over.  He didn't do a lot in 2021, so not selected if available.  Was available to Sweden for the WJC 20 and 21, but didn't make the team.

He may go higher than 6th or may drop to 7th.  He's getting press, so lots of teams will know about him.  A 21 year old is still a risky pick, even though he seems to be killing it.  Do you look for another Wolf or a guy like this.  He might be another Dal Colle.

Maybe both?  with how the Flames have been drafting in the late rounds maybe they should pick up one or two more 6th/7th rounders.  I kind of think he might get drafted, only because he is RHS RW.   But if he doesn't, I definitely would love to see a PTO.