COVID-19 and NHL

The_People1

Not sure where to post this but I thought it's interesting.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/coronavirus-hockey-sticks-1.5459607

NHL players order custom sticks from CCM and Bauer which are made in China (Warrior is made in Mexico.)  Apparently players use up to 7 sticks per game and now some NHL players may have to temporarily use regular retail sticks... 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Not sure where to post this but I thought it's interesting.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/coronavirus-hockey-sticks-1.5459607

NHL players order custom sticks from CCM and Bauer which are made in China (Warrior is made in Mexico.)  Apparently players use up to 7 sticks per game and now some NHL players may have to temporarily use regular retail sticks... 

the poor players! Must suck to have to use retail sticks! Maybe get them to pay for their own as well?

36 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

interesting

It is no longer called Coronavirus...   The World Health Organization renamed it to COVID-19 ("co" stands for "corona", "vi" for "virus" and "d" for "disease", while "19" was for the year, as the outbreak was first identified on December 31)...   They renamed it to avoid references to a specific geographical location, animal species or group of people in line with international recommendations for naming aimed at preventing stigmatization...   Seriously...   WTF?...   :huh:    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/the-coronavirus-causing-panic-around-the-world-has-a-new-name-1.4806890

11 minutes ago, Carty said:

It is no longer called Coronavirus...   The World Health Organization renamed it to COVID-19 ("co" stands for "corona", "vi" for "virus" and "d" for "disease", while "19" was for the year, as the outbreak was first identified on December 31)...   They renamed it to avoid references to a specific geographical location, animal species or group of people in line with international recommendations for naming aimed at preventing stigmatization...   Seriously...   WTF?...   :huh:    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/the-coronavirus-causing-panic-around-the-world-has-a-new-name-1.4806890

Sorry I have updated the topic title and apologize to whoever may have been negatively affected by my choice of name... 😊

15 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Sorry I have updated the topic title and apologize to whoever may have been negatively affected by my choice of name... 😊

Too late to change the name now...   I'm still going to call it Coronavirus...   :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, The_People1 said:

My partner and I are both teachers. They have a few of her students under quarantine that she had in her classes on Thursday and they were away on Friday. The students volunteer in the old-age home that their parents work in. I think there was a death of one of them.  It is a bit spooky. My partner and I have been fighting colds for over a month, so it's hard to determine if what we're feeling is the virus or just the common cold.

What a difference a month makes.  When this thread was started the main connection between COVID and the nhl was if there might be a hockey stick shortage.  Soon games will be played in front of empty stadiums, and maybe cancelled altogether at some point.

40 minutes ago, ABC923 said:

What a difference a month makes.  When this thread was started the main connection between COVID and the nhl was if there might be a hockey stick shortage.  Soon games will be played in front of empty stadiums, and maybe cancelled altogether at some point.

Someone in China eats a bat...

...6 months later, total breakdown of Western Civilization.

22 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Watch, a battle of Alberta will finally happen, only to have the feel of a Tuesday night men’s league game played in front of no spectators 

Such a pity seriously.  Flame vs Oilers first round would be epic... Only for no one in the stands.  So no horns after goals?  No fire?  

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Such a pity seriously.  Flame vs Oilers first round would be epic... Only for no one in the stands.  So no horns after goals?  No fire?  

I fully get safety and health first. Just ironic we may finally get it and the fans won’t be part of the atmosphere.... at least that’s the way it’s trending

Doesn't effect me as I can’t afford the 400 bucks to attend a playoff game haha

4 minutes ago, sak22 said:

NBA season is now suspended with reports of a Utah player testing positive.  Is the NHL far behind now?

Can't be far behind.  The NBA is a bigger brand, so if the NHL doesn't follow suit and a rash of players get sick, they will look like chumps in comparison.

If NHL games are played with an empty arena and only televised, or even if they have a lot of empty seats in the stands due to refunded tickets, or any of the other options that affect the cash flow...   the cap will sure take a huge hit next season...

29 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Ya agreed.  Feels more like a matter of when, not a matter of if.

Well now Tom Hanks has it, he frequents Kings games.  The disease is in the leagues biggest stars name (Connor McDavid) Weird.

Archived