Sam Bennett

Going4TheCup

17 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Here is the hit. It's the type of one that I think happens when players get too amped up but it's a really bad hit. It's suspension worthy IMO for probably a game.

The fact that Coleman got up should factor into the decision, as the league always penalizes based on the result, not the infraction. -_-

6 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

The fact that Coleman got up should factor into the decision, as the league always penalizes based on the result, not the infraction. -_-

Oh ya, trying to determine how the NHL is going to discipline anyone is like spinning a wheel at the best of times. 

I think it's worth a game, maybe 2 but wouldn't be shocked to see him just fined. 

2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

It could.  I don't think it should.  Shouldn't need injuries to punish bad intentions.

44 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Oh ya, trying to determine how the NHL is going to discipline anyone is like spinning a wheel at the best of times. 

I think it's worth a game, maybe 2 but wouldn't be shocked to see him just fined. 

Unlike Wilson's questionable treatment by DPS, there is no involvement by the offended player (Coleman) leading up to the hit.  It wasn't retaliation that you could factor in.  It was either a clean or dirty hit.  He lined up the player for half the width of the ice and delivered the hit.  He's having a hearing, so I doubt this is a fine.  Who knows though. 

I actually think DOPS got this one right. The charge combined with leaving his feet/jumping into the hit are what made it predatory IMO and worthy of the suspension.

Retaliation or not, there is no need for what Bennett did. 

13 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

Bennett suspended.

Consistency is nonexistent in this league.

Truly laughable how shameless they are with it.

Consistency and application are the issue, not the suspension itself.

They got this one right, let's see how many they mess up.

34 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Consistency and application are the issue, not the suspension itself.

They got this one right, let's see how many they mess up.

Oh I'm not saying its wrong. But when McDavid and Wilson both get a penny fine for being repeat offenders you have to wonder.

12 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

Oh I'm not saying its wrong. But when McDavid and Wilson both get a penny fine for being repeat offenders you have to wonder.

It's been that way even before Parrot.

Crosby and Ovi avoiding auspensions.

DSP needs to either get new lawyers to review or stop looking at the team name or player.

37 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It's been that way even before Parrot.

Crosby and Ovi avoiding auspensions.

DSP needs to either get new lawyers to review or stop looking at the team name or player.

Shanahan was good, seemed like the league was heading in the right direction.  Wasn't afraid to put a star in his place or throw the book at guys like Torres.  Parros is getting the league back to the days of Colin Campbell.

54 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Shanahan was good, seemed like the league was heading in the right direction.  Wasn't afraid to put a star in his place or throw the book at guys like Torres.  Parros is getting the league back to the days of Colin Campbell.

I agree with this.

It seems like Parros is waiting for someone's career to be ended before DOPS dole out a legitimate punishment.

9 hours ago, sak22 said:

It could.  I don't think it should.  Shouldn't need injuries to punish bad intentions.

That’s what i was saying as well with the emoji at the end. It’s ridiculous how the league punishes based on the result instead of the act. 

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I didn't watch the game but was Coleman even injured on the play and did he finish the game?

He got up slowly but IIRC skated off by himself and then he still finished the game. 

I find it interesting the differences between series for reffing.

Bennett's goal called back for interfering with the goalie.

BOS gets a goal where 5 players are in the crease including a player that lands on Anderson.

Good goal.

The challenge could have gone either way, though I think they made the right call. 

Bennett must be the king of goals being called back.

Especially in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Can't wait to see the parody and parity with the north Division.

Advise to you, mute TV so you don't have to listen to how McD almost scored a goal.

Or how Mike Smith's brilliant puck handling abilities result in goals.

Just kidding.  Unlike some teams I have watched, EDM is a lotto team without one player.

Should be interesting to see how badly they call the games.

Is it a case of people touching him results in an automatic penalty?

Or where fans and commentators go on about stars not being allowed to play without cheating against them?

I enjoy where the teams decide the games and not even-up reffing.

31 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Advise to you, mute TV so you don't have to listen to how McD almost scored a goal.

Or how Mike Smith's brilliant puck handling abilities result in goals.

Just kidding.  Unlike some teams I have watched, EDM is a lotto team without one player.

Should be interesting to see how badly they call the games.

Is it a case of people touching him results in an automatic penalty?

Or where fans and commentators go on about stars not being allowed to play without cheating against them?

I enjoy where the teams decide the games and not even-up reffing.

I’ve always felt this way myself - let the teams play - but I have to admit my stance has changed. Only because of the difficulty refs seem to have balancing whether to make a call or not. I’ve swayed. I’d actually love to see how the game would play out if called by the letter of the book. It almost happened a few seasons ago. One-handed reaches with the stick resulted in a slash or hook penalty and I would get so angry at the marginal calls... but, players will adjust. They did adjust. And then the refs threw out the rule book for the playoffs...

I love playoff hockey. I love the toughness and the battles and the fights and the imposing of one team’s will on the other - I just hate it more when the refs aren’t consistent with their calls.

6 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I’ve always felt this way myself - let the teams play - but I have to admit my stance has changed. Only because of the difficulty refs seem to have balancing whether to make a call or not. I’ve swayed. I’d actually love to see how the game would play out if called by the letter of the book. It almost happened a few seasons ago. One-handed reaches with the stick resulted in a slash or hook penalty and I would get so angry at the marginal calls... but, players will adjust. They did adjust. And then the refs threw out the rule book for the playoffs...

I love playoff hockey. I love the toughness and the battles and the fights and the imposing of one team’s will on the other - I just hate it more when the refs aren’t consistent with their calls.

Every series is different, which is my biggest problem with the way they call it.

The Dallas series last year was hard to fathom what was legal or not.

Did we bring the ghost of Wideman with us again?

The FLA game was weird.  Call a bunch, then ignore one that was blatant and it sets up a goal.

BOS at WAS was a lot of whistles not blown.

Marchand being a douche results in being picked from the scrum.

No problem.

Tough hits and good hockey.

Mostly.

The trends from regular season to Canadian teams in the playoffs is always perplexing.

The standards change so much through a game let alone series.

On minute it's okay to tackle McD, the other it's a penalty shot for a good defensive play.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Every series is different, which is my biggest problem with the way they call it.

The Dallas series last year was hard to fathom what was legal or not.

Did we bring the ghost of Wideman with us again?

The FLA game was weird.  Call a bunch, then ignore one that was blatant and it sets up a goal.

BOS at WAS was a lot of whistles not blown.

Marchand being a douche results in being picked from the scrum.

No problem.

Tough hits and good hockey.

Mostly.

The trends from regular season to Canadian teams in the playoffs is always perplexing.

The standards change so much through a game let alone series.

On minute it's okay to tackle McD, the other it's a penalty shot for a good defensive play.

I’m with ya on all of it TD. The game has no integrity, and I’d go so far to say that when the gambling comes in, I’m not going to play because every game is pretty much fixed (one way or another) due to the way the refs CHOOSE to call it. I don’t like those odds. 

3 minutes ago, rickross said:

15 pts in 10 games as a Panther

12 pts in 38 games as a Flame

That is all. 

2 games (one suspended), 2 assists, 4 PIM 4 shots, 1 goal called back, 20 minutes of ice.

If he can stay out of the sin bin and off the noddy list, he should help FLA

Just now, travel_dude said:

2 games (one suspended), 2 assists, 4 PIM 4 shots, 1 goal called back, 20 minutes of ice.

If he can stay out of the sin bin and off the noddy list, he should help FLA

I’m happy for him! Just a shame his potential was stifled here as a Flame. It’s like watching a completely different player , Panthers have to be over the moon with his production right now, and they gave up very little to acquire a 4th overall pick. There’s definitely a disconnect here, u can see the how Quenville has shifted the culture there. That’s the type of revamp this franchise needs!

• Like 1