Sam Bennett

Going4TheCup

Bennett’s goal should have been a goal. Vaseline didn’t have it under control, it was a loose puck, and it’s momentum was going in the net. If they want to take away swats at a loose puck in the goal mouth, man this game will get boring quick. his first penalty was also marginal. That last one though looked like retaliation - but again, I don’t get going after the guy who hurt your star player... you be the guy to get their star player. That’s always so much more effective and so much more worth the penalty if one is called. Bennett having a good game. Loving what Lomberg is doing too - I didn’t know he could sauce passes like that! Guy has some other skills! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

The biggest difference I see in the coaching with Benny is that even though he has had the two calls, Coach Q throws him right back out there. In Calgary he’s benched and then he’s reeled in and can’t play his game.

I noticed that too Rob. 

41 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

Didn’t know this was where the Panthers party was at! Go FLA go! 4-3! - lots of BS with the reffing thus far. Love the TBag moniker! Hate the bolts. How is Kuch and Stamchoke being in the lineup game 1 of the playoffs not cheating.... Kuch doesn’t look slow or rusty or anything. Cheating at its finest. Get’em FLA! Get’em hockey gods!!! Go cats!!!

Yeah, only 18m over the cap with miraculous ecoveries just in time for the playoffs but not before the cap matters.

Funny how a player can't play a single dame until the payoffs.

5 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

yup! He’s awesome! 

tough end to the game. 

I'm a big fan. 

Always have been.

Him and Sergachev need to scrap. TBag is definitely tired of Lomberg. He'll have a good career. Thanks Treliving for building a vanilla. no heart team.

5 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

yup! He’s awesome! 

tough end to the game. 

But we stil have Backlund playing great defensive hockey!  

Sutter called it, Big and fast with grit.  Its been said on here for years and yet we got smaller and slower with no grit.  

The interview with Bennett says it all.  

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Yeah, only 18m over the cap with miraculous ecoveries just in time for the playoffs but not before the cap matters.

Funny how a player can't play a single dame until the payoffs.

The refs took Fla's rhythm out for the 2nd period I thought. 2PP goals for Tbag on 2 not penalties.

But the Cats will hammer these guys 5-on-5.

16 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

What an amazing game. Lomberg was tripped with 2:08 to go, Tbag scores. Yes. Ryan Lomberg was on the ice in a tie game with 2:08 to go.😂

I saw that too! Double standards. If it was a star and not Lomberg it would be a penalty.

3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I saw that too! Double standards. If it was a star and not Lomberg it would be a penalty.

Did you happen to notice Gudas? Bad press out of Philly, now that guy is a dman. Why did Philly let him go?

Why didn't we sign him?😂

He is intimidation personified!

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Did you happen to notice Gudas? Bad press out of Philly, now that guy is a dman. Why did Philly let him go?

Why didn't we sign him?😂

He is intimidation personified!

Probably because we had overspent as it was.

What would we do with a RHS D-man?

Besides we signed a LHS LD to play RD.

7 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

The Panthers are a fun watch.

I wouldn't have much of a leash for Bob though. He was alright tonight, Driedger was excellent during the season and could be worth a start at some point

They talked a few games ago about Bob letting in 4 with Columbus in Game 1 and then going beast mode when the Jackets swept Tbag. But yeah, Dreidger and then Spencer Knight is their young goalie.

They're deep at G.

They are fun to watch, dripping with intensity most games. When Huberdeau's on edge, he's always the best player on the ice.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Bennett has a hearing today on the boarding call.  Will there still be enough Flames stank on him to sway the league to a harsher fine/suspension?

It's unfortunate that Bennett's emotions sometimes get the better of him.  I missed the hit, so have no real opinion on whether it was suspension worthy, but DPS is suspect at best.  

26 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It's unfortunate that Bennett's emotions sometimes get the better of him.  I missed the hit, so have no real opinion on whether it was suspension worthy, but DPS is suspect at best.  

I watched it. It was directly in the numbers, yes. But, quite frankly I’m beside myself with this situation, because earlier in the game Duclair was hit from behind in the numbers - and that’s not being reviewed by the DPS, AND Bennett was hit into the boards from a behind/side angle earlier in the game which sent him head first into them, and there wasn’t even a penalty on the play... it makes me so mad that the NHL allows (promotes!) referees to manage the game and pick and choose when to call things. Then when the Rangers organization calls out Tom Wilson, they get fined, but when golden boy Cooper says the Bennett hit was predatory - they kneel to him. The double-standard is actually making me feel like turning my back on the sport altogether. If the TBag hits earlier were called appropriately, Bennett doesn’t get the green light to follow through on his. Have some integrity FFS.