Blockbuster: Hamilton Ferland Fox for Hanifin Lindholm

The_People1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox I get , very likely unsure about his signing.. Friedman reported BT met with his advisors yesterday.. so that's a sign i can accept

the ONLY way I see why Hamilton could be moved, if they determined he was a problem in the room... they did say that in Boston , not saying its true but would make sense

Ferland actually does surprise me ...

On the flip side the 2 players we get are no slouches ,, id say we take a dip on the D but improve on the wing 

1 minute ago, Heartbreaker said:

Eff this. 

Why do you dislike it? Hamilton performed well in terms of scoring, but he is brutal using his size. Who knows what is going on with Fox? Ferland was a good guy to lose because of the concussion issue. He is also sporadic in terms of showing up. We got two young promising players who ranked high in their draft years and may well break out soon. It is a risky move for sure, but at least we didn't trade Hamilton for Stajan, Mayers, White, and Hagland. This trade addresses holes in the organization albeit at a significant cost. I will take a wait and see approach for now.

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

Fox I get , very likely unsure about his signing.. Friedman reported BT met with his advisors yesterday.. so that's a sign i can accept

the ONLY way I see why Hamilton could be moved, if they determined he was a problem in the room... they did say that in Boston , not saying its true but would make sense

Ferland actually does surprise me ...

On the flip side the 2 players we get are no slouches ,, id say we take a dip on the D but improve on the wing 

But recent history says that what the Canes sent us should be what Hamilton was worth alone. 

If Fox was needed in the deal fine, but Ferland, NO!

Ferland and Fox should’ve been in their own separate deals.

Am I the only one okay with this trade?

Hamilton is the best player in this deal... Right now.  But Hanifin is trending into Norris material.  Much younger, tougher, meaner, etc.  

This also means Giordano - Brodie reunited for top pair.

Rumours were, Fox will be tough to sign because he's going to play 4 years in college.  Definitely a flight risk given he's going to be highly sought after.

Ferland, makes sense to trade him rather than drop him back to 3rd line.  He's at his peak trade value.  If the plan is Lindholm top line RW, then Ferland could go.  We've got Gaudreau, Tkachuk, and Bennett on the left side so... Thanks for the memories Ferland!!  You rocked the Canucks in the best series ever!

To me, Lindholm can score 30 goals if he gets first line minutes all year long.  We've got our right shot top 6.

At first glance the Flames gave up a lot. Probably too much. Hamilton is probably the best player, and Fox is clearly the best prospect. Adding Ferland makes it a bit much. 

But on the positive side they got two guys in their early 20s. Lindholm is a strong two way centre that calmplay RW. Hanafin is already a 2 or 3 D on not a huge downgrade from Hamilton. 

Losing Hamilton hurts, but Hanafin isn't a huge downgrade and might be a better fit. Lindholm is clearly an upgrade in Ferland. Fox probably wasn't going to sign. 

I don't love what we paid. But we needed a shakeup and probably end up better as a result.

I think it's fair to say that Lindholm is a better player then Ferland and that Hamilton is a good chunk better then Hanifin right now. Now if Hanifin can become a top pairing guy in the next few years the value might even out. But why in the hell did we have to add a high potential RD on top of that. At the very least I would have expected a couple of 2nd's or a 1st to come back to our side to make this deal somewhat even. 

2 minutes ago, ABC923 said:

Hamilton straight across for Hanifin and Lindholm made some sense, but throwing in Ferland and Fox is ludicrous.

Yup!

didnt need it to be both Ferland and Fox if they needed to add.

i think we should have done them in separate deals. At least gain a few picks out of it.

Hanifin is only 21 years old and just put 32 points, I think there is a lot more upside there. He is 6'3" and can skate like the wind.

The fact that Hamilton was available by another team by the time he was 25, tells me a lot about him off the ice, and probably brought his value down.

We did get much younger.

Hamilton currently is better than Hanifin, but I think Hanifin will close the gap. Lindholm is significantly better than Ferland. Fox wasn't going to sign is way over rated anyways.

Just now, Cowtownguy said:

Why do you dislike it? Hamilton performed well in terms of scoring, but he is brutal using his size. Who knows what is going on with Fox? Ferland was a good guy to lose because of the concussion issue. He is also sporadic in terms of showing up. We got two young promising players who ranked high in their draft years and may well break out soon. It is a risky move for sure, but at least we didn't trade Hamilton for Stajan, Mayers, White, and Hagland. This trade addresses holes in the organization albeit at a significant cost. I will take a wait and see approach for now.

I have no problem with the guys coming back, and I had Ferland as my number two to move right after Brodie. I have a problem with the return for Hamilton, and I don't like that Fox was added as well. Bob's saying that this increases the chances he'll sign, so maybe he didn't like Calgary:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adam Fox will go back to Harvard this season for his junior year but this trade from CGY to CAR enhances the likelihood of him turning pro after this coming season.</p>&mdash; Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) <a href="https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1010583560275800065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 23, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think that Dougie would have brought back the most, however, and I think they could have done better than this. It doesn't address the right wing (maybe Lindholm plays there), and it depletes our right D. 

Maybe there's another trade in the works, and we don't see the whole picture yet. 

Love. 

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Am I the only one okay with this trade?

Hamilton is the best player in this deal... Right now.  But Hanifin is trending into Norris material.  Much younger, tougher, meaner, etc.  

This also means Giordano - Brodie reunited for top pair.

Rumours were, Fox will be tough to sign because he's going to play 4 years in college.  Definitely a flight risk given he's going to be highly sought after.

Ferland, makes sense to trade him rather than drop him back to 3rd line.  He's at his peak trade value.  If the plan is Lindholm top line RW, then Ferland could go.  We've got Gaudreau, Tkachuk, and Bennett on the left side so... Thanks for the memories Ferland!!  You rocked the Canucks in the best series ever!

To me, Lindholm can score 30 goals if he gets first line minutes all year long.  We've got our right shot top 6.

Not at all.

We get too in love with our own players.

Hanifin is 21 people, with 3 yrs experience coming of his best season 10G/32pts.

Agree with everything else here peeps

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

Although I’m a huge fan of the younger, meaner tougher comment that is hopefully 

Not to say Hanifin is that mean.  Just that Dougie is Jaybo version 2.0.  Wished Dougie would've been more nasty and have more Chris Pronger in him.  

Hanifin will be more punishing.  More steady.

Archived