Blockbuster: Hamilton Ferland Fox for Hanifin Lindholm

The_People1

Look We as Fans are never Good at judging the price of players persay i dont mind this Trade we Get younger obviously fox didnt want to be here you cant force that and you to expect after a missed playoffs that Something we didnt like was gonna happen We all Complain when this team doesnt make the playoffs and then when trade is made to help we sit there and analyse the trade to death Trying to always find a winner

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hamonic is going to do wonders for Hanifin and vice versa.

If we trade Stone does that make us too thin on the right side?

Also could we get a Pageau or a Connor Brown for Stone?

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm

Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik

Bennett-Jankowski-Pageau/Brown

That would be a very good top 9.

Just now, JTech780 said:

I think Hamonic is going to do wonders for Hanifin and vice versa.

If we trade Stone does that make us too thin on the right side?

Also could we get a Pageau or a Connor Brown for Stone?

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm

Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik

Bennett-Jankowski-Pageau/Brown

That would be a very good top 9.

Pageau straight across for Stone is exactly what I've been thinking.

4 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Look We as Fans are never Good at judging the price of players persay i dont mind this Trade we Get younger obviously fox didnt want to be here you cant force that and you to expect after a missed playoffs that Something we didnt like was gonna happen We all Complain when this team doesnt make the playoffs and then when trade is made to help we sit there and analyse the trade to death Trying to always find a winner

It's fun!!

3 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Stone doesn't want to move and Pageau is a low cost fan favorite not to mention a good player. Why or how would this happen ?

Ottawa wants Stone to make his brother happy and maybe he would waive to go play with his brother. Stone gets a bad rap on these forums, but he is a better player and has more value than he gets credit for.

Pageau is a good player but he is only a 3rd liner. Ottawa really doesn't have anything else to offer.

Just now, JTech780 said:

Ottawa wants Stone to make his brother happy and maybe he would waive to go play with his brother. Stone gets a bad rap on these forums, but he is a better player and has more value than he gets credit for.

Pageau is a good player but he is only a 3rd liner. Ottawa really doesn't have anything else to offer.

Have they actually said this ? I know our Stone has said he wants to stay here.

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I'd rather move Stone for descent pick then Pageau, but I'm also not in camp with moving him no matter the return. He is a solid bottom pairing guy who is overpaid, but I always liked his play when he needed to move up a pair because someone was injured.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Well, Stone has said he has a 15 team list but wants to stay. That could also be the political correct thing to say.

Very true.  What do expect him to say, that’s he’s packed his bag and is ready to go?

Of course, if the Stones are intent on playing together, maybe we bring the other one here ?

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

The one thing this trade does for us, is it makes us a faster team, Hamilton and Ferland are very good skaters, but Lindholm and Hanifin are bordering on elite skaters.

Had to move Brodie back with Gio, because it was never broken.

Opened up a need for a 3-4 that will mesh with Hamonic as a generally good all around dman.

Lindholm can play RHC/RW in all situations.

I had hoped when(not if) we traded Hamilton we'd get a LD back.

Probably a month ago, I had mentioned Chychrun/Fischer for Hamilton/Ferland.

This is very similar to me.

They had to fetch a LD/RW imho.

BT's done that. Bit of a lower ceiling at D, but higher at RW/RHC.

The biggest question is, did we get better?

I'd say we did. Brodie can do what Hamilton did there.

Not many thought moving Brodie was a good idea, but GG was a retard about it.

I could go on on and about this, but it's one thing.

He was successful on the RD with Gio.

GG simply turned the rink around 180 degrees on him. That is huge, and proved to be unfair and he struggled.

Don't trade Brodie, put him where he plays best.

For that alone, I'm happy Hamilton is gone.

After a couple of hours of digesting, I still don't like it, just for the simple fact that I really think we could have squeezed just a little bit more out of carolina.

A 2nd or 3rd round pick, or a prospect like gauthier and I'd be much more happy. If it doesn't work out, Brad is probably gone, which I didn't want to see happen, until today.

54 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Wow! The museum! So terrible! Hahaha, that almost makes me like him now.

Funny you say that... I thought the same thing. I like hockey players that have more on their mind than hockey as well. Wanna know a secret? I really liked J-Bo, too. 

Love. 

22 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

It is actually a rumour out there.

Haven't seen it so not buying it. I think it is a good idea mind you. Trade him for Ceci, I hear they would like to trade him. Then we can use Brodie for another RWer.

I think they take a run at Karlsson and he says no thank you.

Worth pointing out that Friedman speculated that Ottawa may want Stone to make his brother happy. It was his own opinion and he did not seem to present it as coming from a source. 

May haplen but it's pretty speculative right now id say. 

Archived