Eichel 14:31

Saad 12:12

Trocheck 14:26

MCkinnon 14:39

Larkin 14:18

Drouin 15:26

Nugent-Hopkins 16:04

The coach is doing a great job of keeping it pretty even

That's good to know.  Do you have a breakdown by period?  He seemed to have increased time in the 1st, but then balanced them out in the other periods.  By an axample, JH had played around 7 minutes, with less than 5 minutes remaining in the 2nd.  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

____________1st____PP_____2nd____PP____3rd____PP

Matthews____5:18___:40____4:42_________4:20

Schieffle___4:35___:40____4:59_________5:14

McDavid_____4:19___:40____4:56_________5:29

Gaudreau____4:22__________4:44_________5:01

Couturier___5:20__________4:56_________5:00

Eichel______4:32___:40____4:54_________5:05

Saad________2:57__________4:26_________4:49

Trocheck____4:39__________4:47_________5:00

McKinnon____5:03__________5:26_________4:10

Larkin______4:26__________4:48_________5:04

Drouin______5:01__________6:03_________4:22

Hopkins_____6:19__________5:19_________4:26

Let's hope the format worked.

Anything else you want to know?

____________1st____PP_____2nd____PP____3rd____PP

Matthews____5:18___:40____4:42_________4:20

Schieffle___4:35___:40____4:59_________5:14

McDavid_____4:19___:40____4:56_________5:29

Gaudreau____4:22__________4:44_________5:01

Couturier___5:20__________4:56_________5:00

Eichel______4:32___:40____4:54_________5:05

Saad________2:57__________4:26_________4:49

Trocheck____4:39__________4:47_________5:00

McKinnon____5:03__________5:26_________4:10

Larkin______4:26__________4:48_________5:04

Drouin______5:01__________6:03_________4:22

Hopkins_____6:19__________5:19_________4:26

Let's hope the format worked.

Anything else you want to know?

That's fine.  Are you a Flames fan?  

It's quite surprising that they were so even.  May have to do with having B2B games or that's how they roll.  I wonder why Saad had so little ice in the 1st.   

EDIT - Asking if you are a Flames fan because you are relatively new to the boards.

I've been lurking on this board for years. I live in Calgary, but sorry, I'm an Oilers fan :)

Decided to activate on these boards to answer a question about season tickets, and now I post on occasion

Good to have some desenting viewpoints on here, but keep in mind a homer view of the Oilers will be attacked.  :)

Most of us have an open mind, but we have had our share of trolls on here.  Connor4GM was one of the classics, who disappeared in one of the Oiler failed years.  Anie was another, but moved.

I won't be getting into too many troll wars. I really can't stand them. I will usually only post if I think misinformation is being used such as today with ice time.

I've grew up an Oilers fan and spent the last 20 years living in Calgary. I've seen the arguments. I'll usually let the score sheet be the final judge.

I think Team Europe deserves a lot of credit for that. They really slowed down the play in the neutral zone and I dont' think US was very preapred for that, and its a Torts coached team so you know they want to go North-south. 

I don't disagree Team USA didn't play their best hockey but I think alot of the credit should go to how Europe played. 

I think Team Europe is building their credit nicely, especially with an OT win over the Czechs. If Team USA doesn't win tomorrow tonight, the group is decided. Europe's basically punched their ticket to the semis. (Not mathematically cleared, but a lot would have to happen to knock them out.)

Ralph Krueger, Europe coach: "I've never experienced a buy-in like this in 25 years as a coach. We're tight. And we're not done." #WCH2016WorldCupofHockey_2016.png

So much for the "they won't have pride becuase they arn't playing for a flag" argument... Thought it was silly anyway. I think the addition of the NA team and Team Europe has been fantastic for this tournament and I would hope they lean toward keeping it that way. 

I think Team USA is going home. They are just too slow upfront to compete in this tournament. 

I won't be getting into too many troll wars. I really can't stand them. I will usually only post if I think misinformation is being used such as today with ice time.

I've grew up an Oilers fan and spent the last 20 years living in Calgary. I've seen the arguments. I'll usually let the score sheet be the final judge.

It wasn't so much disinformation as the eye test made it look like he received higher minutes.  There were a few shifts where they came off the ice, then went back on shortly after.  May have been matchups.  

Well that was a close one.  Some iffy play in this game allowed the Russians to take over for a period.  

Poor execution on the 5v3.  It could have been a game changer.  

Strangely enough, Gaudreau/Nuge/MacKinnon had the best chances when put together and biggest impact.  Larkin got benched for most of the game. Drouin got a similar fate, but not for the same reason.

Have to hope for a long drawn out Finn-Sweden battle before we play them.

Yup! And every time Johnny got the puck the ACC lit up. It's a total coming out party for him, and it's really exciting to watch a star in the make that plays on your team!

Love.

Lucky sod.

It's quite surprising how the media is starting to realize what we have know for some time.  I think the sweet spot for Gaudreau is about 18 minutes of ice.  Put him in a pressure situation with the game on the line and he wants to make that perfect pass or shot.  He will look for the best opportunity; he doesn't panic.

Man, I wish Monahan was there.  He is a real finisher.

The USA decided Europe was a scrimmage.

Canada: "Really? One less team to worry about?".

I fully expected Canada would kiss them out.

How often have we heard the trash talk, "WE'RE BUILDING A TEAM TO BEAT CANADA".

That was fun to watch.

Yeah, this was embarrassing. I've been wondering since I found out, but who's idea was it to hire Torts? Surely there was someone else they could have gotten for the head job, they had 3 other head coaches on the staff. In my opinion, Torts' really not that great at the coaching thing.

Yeah, this was embarrassing. I've been wondering since I found out, but who's idea was it to hire Torts? Surely there was someone else they could have gotten for the head job. In my opinion, he's really not that great at the coaching thing.

Burke was one of the big wigs for the team, but don' know who had the decision.

Burke was a senior advisor, Lombardi and Holmgren were GM/Asst GM and given the players they picked, Tortorella actually fits. Torts is not the reason they lost, they lose becuase they brought a pretty bad team that was way too heavy on size and physicality and lacking in talent. USA reminded me of Canada in the last 90s where we thought that in order to beat the countries we had to be bigger, stronger and more physical to try and beat them up and nullify their skill. Looks to me like Team USA thought they could be big and strong, specifically on the blueline, and slow down the faster Team Canada. as it was for Canada in the 90s its an equally terrible strategy now. 

There are really no excuses why guys like Kessell, Okposo, and Shanttenkirk are not on this team and guys like Abdelkader where. They picked a very poor team, that is why they are out. 

Archived