Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

Haha I was just about to post that.

I don't care what they do as long as they make the conference finals to upgrade our pick.

Then again, if they don't we get the better of the 4th rounders between theirs and NJ's.

a 29th place 3rd or a 12-16th place 4th.  Not a huge difference.

28 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

How about a 3 way trade.

Boston 

Hannifin

NJD 

Ullmark

Cgy (Van 1st)

Cgy

Nemec or Mercer

Holtz

Actually not a bad idea…not sure if that Van 1st is needed and if anything else is needed Bos can add not Cgy. 

otherwise 👍 

The contract isn’t great, but I wonder if Tampa would want Calgary to take Cirelli. Fills a need.

If Hanifin is getting an extension, you would think the Flames would be getting Isaac Howard in return. I’m not all that high on him, but he’s their top prospect.

7 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

The contract isn’t great, but I wonder if Tampa would want Calgary to take Cirelli. Fills a need.

If Hanifin is getting an extension, you would think the Flames would be getting Isaac Howard in return. I’m not all that high on him, but he’s their top prospect.

I've actually heard good things on him , Id be ok with him IN the deal ....

Just now, phoenix66 said:

I've actually heard good things on him , Id be ok with him IN the deal ....

Howard is a very good player to be clear. He would have been worth considering if the Flames had their 2022 1st. Not my favourite prospect in the world, but he is very good. Having a much better season this year 

17 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Tampa might the the clubhouse leader

It has to start with the 2026 1st round pick.  If we can get that, then that's a basis for a deal.  Anything short of a 1st + mid-prospect + NHL player is unacceptable.  

Just now, The_People1 said:

It has to start with the 2026 1st round pick.  If we can get that, then that's a basis for a deal.  Anything short of a 1st + mid-prospect + NHL player is unacceptable.  

I'll say I'm intrigued to see how they pull something out of nothing ..if its weak then you know they were handcuffed by the agent 

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

I'll say I'm intrigued to see how they pull something out of nothing ..if its weak then you know they were handcuffed by the agent 

We keep hearing teams won't pay a 1st unless Hanifin will extend long term.  But as if.  Hanifin is the best available D in this year's market.  1st pairing.  Having a career year.  Teams have paid more for a rental in years past knowing they were pure rentals.

Im wondering if TBL may consider a UFA swap? Haden Flurry and 2026 first for Hanifin.

flurry is a big stay at home

D but very little offence…Cgy needs a big physical stay at home D so that’s kind of a fit need wise…TBL on the other hand need a offensive D in the mold of Hanifin…the offensive D generally are worth more on the open market so the 2026 first and TBH I think Hanifin is viewed as the better of the two.

Who knows maybe Cgy is talking extension with Flurry while TBL dose the same with Hanifin? 

just spot balling but with a 2026 first and where Tanev is gone Flurry is a great fit for the 2nd D line.  With any luck TBL will be in decline and that could be a mid first rounder.  Also that’s the draft year for Bedard’s cousin who’s lighting it up right now too…ups the odds, just saying.

34 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Okay, so 2026 1st (no lotto protection), Etan Guathier and Cirelli.

That would give better value to holding until 2026 to get the 1st.

FWIW---just listened to FS on Flames talk ..   debunks that any extension has been agreed to ..says TB has not ( to the best of his knowledge ) had permission to even speak with Hanifin yet -- and was actually ripping both he and his agent over the fact they are attempting to handcuff and direct traffic ..   says like I said , you will go where we send you thats best for the Flames return 

which , even tho its Frank.. makes sense-- typically the deal is agreed to .. THEN they get permission to speak to the agent/ player ... not the other way around ..

34 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Okay, so 2026 1st (no lotto protection), Etan Guathier and Cirelli.

That would give better value to holding until 2026 to get the 1st.

The idea is Cirelli is really interesting. He’s not a cap dump, but he is probably overpaid for being a 40pt guy on average. Same birth year as Hanifin so it’s not like you’re getting older.

Stamkos might be gone as UFA, but Hagen jumps to 6.5. Can only have so many guys making 6 before you need to move some, which is why I could see the Lightning as willing to move Cirelli. Paul can play his role 

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

The idea is Cirelli is really interesting. He’s not a cap dump, but he is probably overpaid for being a 40pt guy on average. Same birth year as Hanifin so it’s not like you’re getting older.

Stamkos might be gone as UFA, but Hagen jumps to 6.5. Can only have so many guys making 6 before you need to move some, which is why I could see the Lightning as willing to move Cirelli. Paul can play his role 

too bad we cant bring Point home lol

4 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Absolutely not interested in Cirelli at $6.25 x 7 more years.

Hanifin is in Adam Fox territory for me. Got him out of Carolina, gave him every opportunity with solid partners, offered him really solid value on a contract extension....aaaand we get this "only TBay" leak. Blockchain you Hanifin and the horse you rode in on. Hopefully it's a 3 team deal. We trade your bs to Uranus and they can trade you to Tampa. We did have a locker room problem. A team full of self-absorbed Hash Rate. Hopefully an ex-team of self-absorbed Hash Rate. Break a leg, literally. Pos. Go away, overrated brain-fart machine. Then again, he'll never get injured. Guys that get injured bleed heart and soul on the ice. That's a far cry from Hanifin. He's a pantywaif. Likely wouldn't stick up for his own sistercousin. I also heard that he showers with his socks on.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Hanifin is in Adam Fox territory for me. Got him out of Carolina, gave him every opportunity with solid partners, offered him really solid value on a contract extension....aaaand we get this "only TBay" leak. Blockchain you Hanifin and the horse you rode in on. Hopefully it's a 3 team deal. We trade your bs to Uranus and they can trade you to Tampa. We did have a locker room problem. A team full of self-absorbed Hash Rate. Hopefully an ex-team of self-absorbed Hash Rate. Break a leg, literally. Pos. Go away, overrated brain-fart machine. Then again, he'll never get injured. Guys that get injured bleed heart and soul on the ice. That's a far cry from Hanifin. He's a pantywaif. Likely wouldn't stick up for his own sistercousin. I also heard that he showers with his socks on.

Thanks for sharing what you really feel.  Have to agree the TBay leaks is a real problem and should not be happening.  Yeah, seems like locker room issues go way deeper than we thought.

6 minutes ago, cberg said:

Thanks for sharing what you really feel.  Have to agree the TBay leaks is a real problem and should not be happening.  Yeah, seems like locker room issues go way deeper than we thought.

Pots need stirring to keep from burning out? lol

Sistercousin has a kinda weird American Roosevelt vibe, but it's kinda fun.