GDT Flames vs Blackhawks April 4.

If Kadri gets out of that room alive is going to be a miracle. He is an embarrassment to any NHL player with that effort. A typical Trevling signing just adds more cancer to the locker room with that POS

So glad this Satoshi Nakamoto season is done,  the whole season was childish BS since the start

6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Sutter talks about fatigue....just wow. You had fresh bodies, you used the fatigue excuse after the last game, a narrow victory against a bottom feeder.

Fatigue I guess he means is the long season wearing some guys down.  They need to be in shape like Dube.

8 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Sutter talks about fatigue....just wow. You had fresh bodies, you used the fatigue excuse after the last game, a narrow victory against a bottom feeder.

Stands up for the players he is a dick, and speaks the truth he's a ruthless heartless dick, much like this club, he can't win. If Sutter doesn't come back next I don't blame him you can't win with this poorly constructed team Trevling has placed in front of him. Team sport or not if I was in that room Kadri be having some explaining to do, his inexcusable effort was, an  ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT to players like Tanev, and those who sacrificed. I can deal with mistakes but that much lack of effort and care needs an explanation. 

28 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Stands up for the players he is a dick, and speaks the truth he's a ruthless heartless dick, much like this club, he can't win. If Sutter doesn't come back next I don't blame him you can't win with this poorly constructed team Trevling has placed in front of him. Team sport or not if I was in that room Kadri be having some explaining to do, his inexcusable effort was, an  ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT to players like Tanev, and those who sacrificed. I can deal with mistakes but that much lack of effort and care needs an explanation. 

well, there are very fresh bodies sitting, guys that may play better than a few.

what is tomorrow going to be like if they're tired tonight? 

Pelletier, Ruzicka, Gilbert, Stone, and Coronato. 

• Like 1

This was the perfect trap game.  Everyone thinking this was going to be a cake walk and looking forward to tomorrow against the Jets.  The effort tonight showed.  Players saving energy for the big game the day after.  Players playing to meet the minimum requirements and let someone else win this game for them.

Now we need to win 4 straight to hit 95-points which is not going to be enough.

7 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Somehow I just don't think Lewis, Richardson, Gudbranson, Zadorov, one Ritchie turning into the other were Treliving moves.

A 4th line that consistently showed being terrible until you add a Pelletier or Duehr to give it any sign of life.

Sutter constructed a good quarter of this. He won't have to worry about BT next year, so I guess we'll see what his next 90's-era move will be.

I've defended Sutter a lot, but now I can't. Simply because I can't for the life of me figure out what he's doing with the roster he has, outside of wanting it to be something it's not. Not defending Kadri, but putting Ritchie with him has gotta be frustration overload. Ritchie can screen a goalie. Period. Nothing else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Somehow I just don't think Lewis, Richardson, Gudbranson, Zadorov, one Ritchie turning into the other were Treliving moves.

A 4th line that consistently showed being terrible until you add a Pelletier or Duehr to give it any sign of life.

Sutter constructed a good quarter of this. He won't have to worry about BT next year, so I guess we'll see what his next 90's-era move will be.

I've defended Sutter a lot, but now I can't. Simply because I can't for the life of me figure out what he's doing with the roster he has, outside of wanting it to be something it's not. Not defending Kadri, but putting Ritchie with him has gotta be frustration overload. Ritchie can screen a goalie. Period. Nothing else.

The players we have are embarrassing at best. What really has me gagging is my multiple decades of watching hockey I have never seen the piss-poor attitude of a player like Kadri at any level. Trevling fought like hell to bring him in and this is the effort you put forth, plus he is signed with an NTC, so I am surprised he made it out of the locker room. Then the best part was not taking responsibility and owning it, blaming it on bad ice and sloppy turnovers by the team. UTTER COWARD. 

Sad thing is now they will fall flat clean house and have to rebuild it anyway, after giving contracts to guys long term with the promise of trying to win. I still believe Huberdeau is hurt bad wrist or arm, Weegar I can live with his contract, Kadri IMHO is the biggest POS this club has right now and it shows with his attitude and work ethic. He needs to go some how some way but the last move Trevling needs to do is get that POS out of CGY. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, conundrumed said:

You ask for vets on your 4th line, you overplay them, then you sit players who could give you jump and energy, to turn around and blame fatigue. not to mention a goalie who you've overplayed down the stretch too. 

That's Sutter's year in a nutshell. Over coached the heck out of this thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_People1 said:

This was the perfect trap game.  Everyone thinking this was going to be a cake walk and looking forward to tomorrow against the Jets.  The effort tonight showed.  Players saving energy for the big game the day after.  Players playing to meet the minimum requirements and let someone else win this game for them.

Now we need to win 4 straight to hit 95-points which is not going to be enough.

I agree. Listening to the Radio show yesterday afternoon, Steinberg was all like, "they can't look past tonight's game, but WE CAN!" I'm off the belief the media has more to do with the team play than they think. 

when Vladar was playing well he was like no, don't ask me that no I'm not answering that. I can't let that get in my head... but media have to ask the questions. 

not to totally put blame on media. I understand it is just one small cog in this broken down machine.

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Well said. BT got orders to build around Sutter no doubt with those player acquisitions. 

Regarding Kadri… yes he could be sucking out having to play with Ritchie - but let’s call a spade a spade here: Kadri is a one man show that doesn’t use his wingers anyway. He could be playing with Ovechkin and never pass him the puck. Maybe that’s Sutter’s message to him. If you’re not going to play with your teammates, I’ll just stick a guy in front of the net to screen/deflect. 

40 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

The players we have are embarrassing at best. What really has me gagging is my multiple decades of watching hockey I have never seen the piss-poor attitude of a player like Kadri at any level. Trevling fought like hell to bring him in and this is the effort you put forth, plus he is signed with an NTC, so I am surprised he made it out of the locker room. Then the best part was not taking responsibility and owning it, blaming it on bad ice and sloppy turnovers by the team. UTTER COWARD. 

Sad thing is now they will fall flat clean house and have to rebuild it anyway, after giving contracts to guys long term with the promise of trying to win. I still believe Huberdeau is hurt bad wrist or arm, Weegar I can live with his contract, Kadri IMHO is the biggest POS this club has right now and it shows with his attitude and work ethic. He needs to go some how some way but the last move Trevling needs to do is get that POS out of CGY. 

First off, fatigue.  Sutter talked about it, but he's talking about mental fatigue.  Or at least that what he has said in the past about it.  Making mistakes when your mind isn't clear.  Not just a lazy flip pass, but trying things that have little chance of working.  Not thinking things through or using what you normally do to score.

I'm not giving Kadri any benefit of doubt for the sloppy play.  18 other guys out there that didn't make any difference in the game.  I get the dislike for him, but it's hard to come from a championship team with a great coach to this team that has lines cobbled together and creativity is put down.  The guy was the leading scorer on the team.  I wasn't a fan of the later lines he played on prior to the shift to 3rd line, but at least he was playing with talent on one of the wings.  Huberdeau was lousy on RW and that is somehow Kadri's problem?  So now you have hands of stone Ritchie playing with him.  Don't expect a pass.  

You want a Sutter team?  Re-sign Ritchie and extend Lewis.  Find some guys that are at the end of their career that won a cup and sign them.  Don't use young talent unless they are willing to play 4th line grinder roles.  And if you are on the ice for a goal against, you better be a vet or you will sit.  Chop chop.

I think you could probably find 6 coaches that could do as much or more with this roster, but actually have a plan to integrate new players and not just plan for one game ahead.  I get the whole keep young players hungry argument, but he's just starving the players.  No meal for them.  No matter how much the other guys are full and maybe could skip a meal.  

I think a good many of us have suggestions for the lineup that would be no worse than what we see out there.  Players aren't fitting together and it makes it look sloppy.  Square pegs in round holes.  You see a lack of energy and you play guys that have played every single game here or on their former club.  You see our best passer on a line with no finishers and also want him to be the shutdown king.  You see the one younger player trying to prop up guys that are due for retirement, even if they are swell guys and everyone roots for them to score.  At this point it doesn't matter who is in nets, since whatever Vladar had is gone.  Start Markstrom since he's your "Ace".  Don't worry about the results, since he had a couple of really good games this season.  It's been crap all year.