GDT Flames vs Blackhawks April 4.

23 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Well said. BT got orders to build around Sutter no doubt with those player acquisitions. 

Regarding Kadri… yes he could be sucking out having to play with Ritchie - but let’s call a spade a spade here: Kadri is a one man show that doesn’t use his wingers anyway. He could be playing with Ovechkin and never pass him the puck. Maybe that’s Sutter’s message to him. If you’re not going to play with your teammates, I’ll just stick a guy in front of the net to screen/deflect. 

I definitely am not defending Kadri regardless of Ritchie. Kadri just isn't a very good player. He can shoot. Everything else is at or below average. I've been thinking that all season. Not great at winning pucks, controlling pucks, passing, accepting passes, defence, neutral zone. He's not good at most things that would really help.

When he's scoring, it hides a lot. There was a game where he scored 2 goals and I was whining about his play. He's just not nearly as good as he seems to think he is, likely not even half. He plays some pretty low IQ hockey, imo.

1 hour ago, tmac70 said:

The players we have are embarrassing at best. What really has me gagging is my multiple decades of watching hockey I have never seen the piss-poor attitude of a player like Kadri at any level. Trevling fought like hell to bring him in and this is the effort you put forth, plus he is signed with an NTC, so I am surprised he made it out of the locker room. Then the best part was not taking responsibility and owning it, blaming it on bad ice and sloppy turnovers by the team. UTTER COWARD. 

Sad thing is now they will fall flat clean house and have to rebuild it anyway, after giving contracts to guys long term with the promise of trying to win. I still believe Huberdeau is hurt bad wrist or arm, Weegar I can live with his contract, Kadri IMHO is the biggest POS this club has right now and it shows with his attitude and work ethic. He needs to go some how some way but the last move Trevling needs to do is get that POS out of CGY. 

It's been flat out frustration for every fan. I doubt there is anything that anyone can criticize about this top-to-bottom mess that is offensive. It's just that bad.

I could write a novel on Mang-Backlund-Coleman. Those 3 are epitomizing the Flames inconsistencies this year imo.

Dumb penalties, weak/bad shots, mind-numbing turnovers, floating aimlessly...unfortunately it's not just them, by a lot. But they were supposed to be some form of stability.

38 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Well said. BT got orders to build around Sutter no doubt with those player acquisitions. 

Regarding Kadri… yes he could be sucking out having to play with Ritchie - but let’s call a spade a spade here: Kadri is a one man show that doesn’t use his wingers anyway. He could be playing with Ovechkin and never pass him the puck. Maybe that’s Sutter’s message to him. If you’re not going to play with your teammates, I’ll just stick a guy in front of the net to screen/deflect. 

Funny thing is, is prior to this season that was not his game. His strength in Colorado, and in part why he had such a great year, was how effective he was distributing the puck in the o zone. It's traditionally be a strength of his. Also wasn't why he has success early in the season.

What i've seen in Kadri is he has tried to change his game and now he's in a situation where he's gotten away from his strengths. Playing with Huberdeau forced him to be a different player, forced him to have the puck more, be more of a shooter, try and find open areas and it doesn't play to strengths. It was a terrible pairing and I've just seen Kadri's game get worse and worse ever since to the point now he's just in his own head. Perhaps a potential rift with the coach make it worse but this isn't the type of player Kadri has been in his career. 

Not trying to, nor will I, excuse his effort level but his style of game has changed drastically this year and I'm not sure he deserves all the blame for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Funny thing is, is prior to this season that was not his game. His strength in Colorado, and in part why he had such a great year, was how effective he was distributing the puck in the o zone. It's traditionally be a strength of his. Also wasn't why he has success early in the season.

What i've seen in Kadri is he has tried to change his game and now he's in a situation where he's gotten away from his strengths. Playing with Huberdeau forced him to be a different player, forced him to have the puck more, be more of a shooter, try and find open areas and it doesn't play to strengths. It was a terrible pairing and I've just seen Kadri's game get worse and worse ever since to the point now he's just in his own head. Perhaps a potential rift with the coach make it worse but this isn't the type of player Kadri has been in his career. 

Not trying to, nor will I, excuse his effort level but his style of game has changed drastically this year and I'm not sure he deserves all the blame for it. 

I agree.  He had Nichushkin did he not?  He was a great finisher last year.

I'm not even sure what lines we had in games 1-6, but they seemed better.

Huberdeau was with Lindholm if I recall.

Sutter didn't like something about it.

And it's been a mess for most of the season since.

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I agree.  He had Nichushkin did he not?  He was a great finisher last year.

I'm not even sure what lines we had in games 1-6, but they seemed better.

Huberdeau was with Lindholm if I recall.

Sutter didn't like something about it.

And it's been a mess for most of the season since.

if I recall properly it was something like this:

Huberdeau, Lindholm, Tofolli

Dube, Kadri, Mangiapane

Coleman, Backlund, Lewis

Lucic, Rooney, Ritchie

3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

if I recall properly it was something like this:

Huberdeau, Lindholm, Tofolli

Dube, Kadri, Mangiapane

Coleman, Backlund, Lewis

Lucic, Rooney, Ritchie

Sounds about right.  The injury that Hubey had played into it, but all it was was subbing in Ruzie.

That was a good line too.  But when you take a top 6 player and toss him to the 4th line or scratch, it's not good.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I definitely am not defending Kadri regardless of Ritchie. Kadri just isn't a very good player. He can shoot. Everything else is at or below average. I've been thinking that all season. Not great at winning pucks, controlling pucks, passing, accepting passes, defence, neutral zone. He's not good at most things that would really help.

When he's scoring, it hides a lot. There was a game where he scored 2 goals and I was whining about his play. He's just not nearly as good as he seems to think he is, likely not even half. He plays some pretty low IQ hockey, imo.

The mistakes and miscues I can get on board with, That second and third goals were 100% premediated by Kadri, a Satoshi Nakamototy drop pass at the blue line than a 5 year could have made a better play than he did. The third goal was purposely skated into our zone and passed the coverage to allow the opposition a clear 2-1 for the winner. It is hard to believe that these were just careless mistakes, especially at this level. Hey, the rest of the team doesn't get a pass but outside of that little POS putting the pucks in his own net, he provideed the Hawks this game and screwed his mates. classless and shows his true pathetic nature. 

51 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

The mistakes and miscues I can get on board with, That second and third goals were 100% premediated by Kadri, a Satoshi Nakamototy drop pass at the blue line than a 5 year could have made a better play than he did. The third goal was purposely skated into our zone and passed the coverage to allow the opposition a clear 2-1 for the winner. It is hard to believe that these were just careless mistakes, especially at this level. Hey, the rest of the team doesn't get a pass but outside of that little POS putting the pucks in his own net, he provideed the Hawks this game and screwed his mates. classless and shows his true pathetic nature. 

Nobody is excusing him.  Gaudreau made tons of those, Mangiapane and Dube made a bunch earlier in the season, Huberdeau has done that a lot.  Each of those games this season are as important in the overall standings.  

Your comments seem well over the top.  He has 4 game winning goals, Toffoli 4 and Lindholm 2.  Only 3 players in the lineup have 4 game winning goals, so the POS does something right, does he not?  Love him or hate him, we are well past the most important game of the year.  We lost those weeks ago, in fact most of March. 

As one players said to Mike Smith one time, "Stop the F'ing puck".  

6 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I agree. Listening to the Radio show yesterday afternoon, Steinberg was all like, "they can't look past tonight's game, but WE CAN!" I'm off the belief the media has more to do with the team play than they think. 

when Vladar was playing well he was like no, don't ask me that no I'm not answering that. I can't let that get in my head... but media have to ask the questions. 

not to totally put blame on media. I understand it is just one small cog in this broken down machine.

I hope not.  That would mean this team has the weakest psychology.