Playoffs GDT - Oilers @ FLAMES - Weds 18 May 2022

rocketdoctor

Just now, rocketdoctor said:

Go Flames Go!!

9-6 who have thought it.

Have a good night guys.  Time for Breakfast!

Enjoy RD! Thanks for always getting us setup with the GDTs and the pools/games. I really appreciate your efforts bud. 👍🏻

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Needless to say, but that was a game the Flame absolutely had to win. You can't afford to cough up a huge lead like that.

Edmonton was not good tonight. They'll be better in game 2. I expect Markstrom to bounce back

It's not even that we scored so quickly.

We dominated for 1/2 the game and let up.

They had very little.

I wouldn't even classify it as a comeback.

6 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Neither team can be happy about this game right?

I think the flames can honestly. I thought they played very well. Yes they got sucked into a more open game for a few mins there But that happens. 

this game is a blowout it Markstrom plays even 80%. Flames don’t have much to worry about imo. 

Well that was harder than it needed to be ..

But good news is Koskinen was bad enough they'll run Smith back..

Marky was finding his groove late so he will be better .

I'm not as much of a hater on Richie as some but i wonder if we see Crawford next game ..tho somehow Sutter doesn't really seem high on him ..

And almost guaranteed we get some lucic fireworks soon..  just a question of whether it's Kane or Kassian .. Edmonton is gonna want to set a tone early next game ..we better be ready for them trying what we did tonight 

Just now, cross16 said:

I think the flames can honestly. I thought they played very well. Yes they got sucked into a more open game for a few mins there But that happens. 

this game is a blowout it Markstrom plays even 80%. Flames don’t have much to worry about imo. 

I agree.  Wasn't really as close as the score suggests.

Just now, phoenix66 said:

Well that was harder than it needed to be ..

But good news is Koskinen was bad enough they'll run Smith back..

Marky was finding his groove late so he will be better .

I'm not as much of a hater on Richie as some but i wonder if we see Crawford next game ..tho somehow Sutter doesn't really seem high on him ..

And almost guaranteed we get some lucic fireworks soon..  just a question of whether it's Kane or Kassian .. Edmonton is gonna want to set a tone early next game ..we better be ready for them trying what we did tonight 

I actually thought Kostco played the better of the two.

He deserves another game, though I would be concerned about playing him.

Smitty, not sure what he comes back like.

He never faced this in round 1.

Not even close.

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Agreed .. we beat them in a wide open shootout ..that will be in their heads cuz that's supposed to be their Yard.

Now ..I really hope we don't game plan that again though lol

I think it’s overreacting to say the flames got away from structure or let the oilers back in. At 5 on 5 today Flames gave up 20 shots, 14 scoring chances and only 6 high danger chances. 

it doesn’t feel like it but they really were in control from start to finish. 

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Well like I said earlier.  Markstrom chose a good night to have an off night.  You want to do it when you get 9-runs support and still win.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Well like I said earlier.  Markstrom chose a good night to have an off night.  You want to do it when you get 9-runs support and still win.

Hrudey, what a toad.

Thought that the Oilers figured they can score.

Like they had Markstrom figured out.

Sorry guys.

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

for sure. And I find it hard to believe he repeats this performance in the series.