Playoffs GDT - Oilers @ FLAMES - Weds 18 May 2022

rocketdoctor

Vladar has been practicing. No different than Koskinen being in the net on the other side. I 100% start Vlad in the third. 
1. Because Marky is fighting it tonight and I know Vlad would give us a better chance to win than Marky given what we’ve seen this far

2. Our play has relaxed. We’re not pushing as much. Putting Vlad in net will wake the players up and get them back to structure and speed. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_People1 said:

Gaudreau and Tkachuk both had multiple point blank chances in the slot this game and shot them into Koskinen's chest.  Hope it doesn't come back to haunt... McDavid and Draisaitl just don't miss.  And suddenly Hyman is a scoring machine.  

I think you may have to take out Marky.

He's rattled.

I don't know if he makes saves now.

Just now, rickross said:

Wow Marky…u suck tonight. We’ll here we go…we need to get back to our game. Full tilt 20 mins of Flames hockey. Markstrom gonna have to fight thru this

Took the foot off the gas a bit up 4 goals.

They went from a couple of sots (something like 15-2) to give them an easy 9.

One thing I like that Sutter does to keep motivation throughout a game is he keeps score for each period. I’m sure he pointed out to them that they won the first period and lost the second. Whoever wins the third period wins the game. The flames are playing to win the third. 

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

How much of this is not having Tanev?  He surely would've prevented 1 or 2 of the scoring chances

I don’t think the result would change. Tanev wouldn’t help Markstrom play better. 
bit they are missing him. I don’t think this has been a well played game from the d core