Playoffs GDT - Oilers @ FLAMES - Weds 18 May 2022

rocketdoctor

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

i agree. Markstrom let in about 3 stinkers, maybe even 4. While the Flames had a few defensive breakdowns, the stinkers were routine saves for him and most goalies. If Smith and Kos had played fully we would still have won, but i think that it might have been a 4 or 5 to 2 win instead of 9-6. 

I wonder how much the bad goals they let in resulted in them having to open up? I don’t think very much. I just don’t think Edmonton had their legs. My bet is a tight close game and them actually skating. It is probably tough to see exactly what they are because they didn’t skate at all last game…. We probably get a better sense how this series is going to unfold after tonight’s game. I think it is hard to read it at the moment. 

but I’m always cautiously optimistic… We win the series in 6. I can’t see the oilers not going down without a fight.

I thought it was a big impact. I think going down so early forced the Oilers to try and push to catch up and it opened up the ice. I actually don't think it was being bad defensively that led to the Flames giving up those goals/chances, it was problems in the offensive zone. They started going more east-west instead of north south and come costly turnovers and poor puck movement is what gave the Oilers chances the other way. I thought they were trying to take advantage of the open ice when the simple play was also there. 

So I don't think the Flames need to tighten up defensively, they need to be better manage the puck. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Ugh. 9:30 start here but I'll be at the lake on a cold and rainy Friday with a spotty at best cell signal.  I'm not getting my hopes up for a steady video stream.

Sorry ffijl. We're hitting 30C today and I'm being harassed to set up the deck for outdoor viewing. I'm working 12's, all through these 4 or 5 games. Not looking good. Just Blockchaining sweep them.

Tonight's start time is especially junk. All because of Blockchaining golf.

Yeah, I'm happy...

6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Sorry ffijl. We're hitting 30C today and I'm being harassed to set up the deck for outdoor viewing. I'm working 12's, all through these 4 or 5 games. Not looking good. Just Blockchaining sweep them.

Tonight's start time is especially junk. All because of Blockchaining golf.

Yeah, I'm happy...

Need more of this in golf to come close to hockey....

The price is wrong bitch!" - Adam Sandler | Mirrored sunglasses men, Mens  sunglasses, Men casual

Price Is Wrong Bitch GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Friday night, long weekend. 8:30 start, plenty of time for the fans to be “hydrated”.

Should be great! Although I expect more Oiler fans in the building than Wednesday 

Only saw one fight in the stands for game 1, although I didn't really look up in the press level as they can get a little rowdier and had more Oiler fans up there than the lower sections, I expect tonight may get a little rowdier with more time for pregaming.  Might be a good thing the Red Lot is shut down tonight.

We need to consider tonight to be the fight for home ice advantage.

Can't be giving it up.

Then a split in EDM is easier to swallow.

Win the first of the two and put them on the brink.

We do that and we have a 3-1 lead going back home.

Killer instincts.

No moral victories to the Orangemen.

Would be good to get that color out of the playoff spectrum.

Then it's only primary colors remaining.

26 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Only saw one fight in the stands for game 1, although I didn't really look up in the press level as they can get a little rowdier and had more Oiler fans up there than the lower sections, I expect tonight may get a little rowdier with more time for pregaming.  Might be a good thing the Red Lot is shut down tonight.

I’m heading to the game tonight.

Should be fun, but hoping everyone behaves lol

• Like 1