Newest Flame First 73 In team History Tyler Tofolli

The_Tribal Chief

Was just mentioning this morn wondering who would be 1st to open the trade box. Here we are.

This is a pretty good trade, we didn't really lose much. The 1st is likely to be in the 20's and we didn't give up a top prospect.

I'll be patient and see what Toffoli adds here. Gets Ritchie bumped, so should be an improvement.

8 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Was just mentioning this morn wondering who would be 1st to open the trade box. Here we are.

This is a pretty good trade, we didn't really lose much. The 1st is likely to be in the 20's and we didn't give up a top prospect.

I'll be patient and see what Toffoli adds here. Gets Ritchie bumped, so should be an improvement.

There also could be a draft day deal to recoup some of the picks we are lacking, including a first. We'd lose a good player, but we might have to in order to sign Johnny. 

But I agree, Ritchie getting bumped is good for the team. 

The move makes a lot of sense in that he's a good player and strong connections here. He can play both sides well so it's all about having better options with the fwd roster.

I'm all about different looks and being able to play various styles effectively so he helps with that.

I wasn't huge on getting him, but I can see why it makes sense. BT has done a really good job of managing our depth this year seeing this season was always going to be attached to covid.crap.

Now I just need to hear Sutter's thoughts.lol

I can't see this as anything but a home run 

- He's a top 6 right shot scoring winger ..RW but can play both . exactly what we have filled thread pages asking for for years 

- he plays power play and kills penalties 

- consistent 20+ goal scorer, most of his goals at 5-5

- we already know he can play in the system 

- he's everything we paid James Neal to do but does all the things Neal won't do 

He's on a good contract for 2 more seasons 

We got him without giving up anything of high value , no real roster players and the first shouid be late 20s 

He's played on 3 other teams and been the same player each time so we should expect nothing less 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I can't see this as anything but a home run 

- He's a top 6 right shot scoring winger ..RW but can play both . exactly what we have filled thread pages asking for for years 

- he plays power play and kills penalties 

- consistent 20+ goal scorer, most of his goals at 5-5

- we already know he can play in the system 

- he's everything we paid James Neal to do but does all the things Neal won't do 

He's on a good contract for 2 more seasons 

We got him without giving up anything of high value , no real roster players and the first shouid be late 20s 

He's played on 3 other teams and been the same player each time so we should expect nothing less 

This.

This is a very very solid trade. The fact that we didn't give anything of real value back to make this happen is awesome. Really our lines were a weak link with Ricthie on the roster now, the weakest link has been replaced by a proven scorer RW that has been through the trenches. Really whats the lines look like now:

JG - LINDY - CHUCKY

MAGS - BACKS- TOFFOLLI/COLEMAN

DUBE- MONY- COLEMAN/ TOFFOLLI

LUCIC- RUZIE- LEWIS 

Regadless how this spins out we most definelty have 4 lines to roll with. Kudos to BT for making this happen

20 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

The move makes a lot of sense in that he's a good player and strong connections here. He can play both sides well so it's all about having better options with the fwd roster.

I'm all about different looks and being able to play various styles effectively so he helps with that.

I wasn't huge on getting him, but I can see why it makes sense. BT has done a really good job of managing our depth this year seeing this season was always going to be attached to covid.crap.

Now I just need to hear Sutter's thoughts.lol

I loved what he said. You make trades when you're playing bad, or playing good. It's a trade. It's better to trade this early because at the deadline, it is 40 days left in the season, that's not a lot of time to integrate them into the roster, and a lot of times it doesn't work because of how little time the new player has to get used to the team, the play. 

It's basically what I've been thinking the last week or so. I thought now was the time to add to get a player acclimated. I hope it makes us a top3 line team with a decent-good 4th line. 

What the 3rd line is lacking is hockey IQ or speed. Hopefully adding him to Dube gives he someone to work with. I think Dube can do it. Hopefully Monahan can get excited too and this gives him a shot in the arm. If we can get that 3rd line to click, it would mean a lot to this team.

9 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

This is a very very solid trade. The fact that we didn't give anything of real value back to make this happen is awesome. Really our lines were a weak link with Ricthie on the roster now, the weakest link has been replaced by a proven scorer RW that has been through the trenches. Really whats the lines look like now:

JG - LINDY - CHUCKY

MAGS - BACKS- TOFFOLLI/COLEMAN

DUBE- MONY- COLEMAN/ TOFFOLLI

LUCIC- RUZIE- LEWIS 

Regadless how this spins out we most definelty have 4 lines to roll with. Kudos to BT for making this happen

Now, do we see him tomorrow night, or do we see him the game after? 

Does he need a practice in?

The fact he isn't replacing anyone actually gives him leeway on when he plays next. Sutter didn't say whether he'd be in tomorrow or not when he was asked. Just said something along the lines that he has to get there and that's the first step to him getting into the lineup. We will see!

5 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I loved what he said. You make trades when you're playing bad, or playing good. It's a trade. It's better to trade this early because at the deadline, it is 40 days left in the season, that's not a lot of time to integrate them into the roster, and a lot of times it doesn't work because of how little time the new player has to get used to the team, the play. 

It's basically what I've been thinking the last week or so. I thought now was the time to add to get a player acclimated. I hope it makes us a top3 line team with a decent-good 4th line. 

What the 3rd line is lacking is hockey IQ or speed. Hopefully adding him to Dube gives he someone to work with. I think Dube can do it. Hopefully Monahan can get excited too and this gives him a shot in the arm. If we can get that 3rd line to click, it would mean a lot to this team.

3rd line.. lucic/monahan/toffoli.. 4th line... dube/ruzicka/lewis

• Like 1

Here are all the connections I can find:

Sutter: coached him in LA

Lucic: played together in LA, was best man at his wedding.

Lewis: played together in LA

Markstrom: played together in Vancouver

Tanev: played together in Vancouver

Monahan: played together in junior

Muller: coached him in Montreal

Ritchie: played together in Jr Super Series

Gudbranson: played together in Jr Super Series

Richardson: played together in LA

• Like 1