Newest Flame First 73 In team History Tyler Tofolli

The_Tribal Chief

36 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

The way I see it is, Dube needs someone he can pass to who can make room for themselves and not having to carry the puck up the ice. If they have equal but decent hockey ability and play together, their accumulated skill can make each other better. 

If Gaudreau was not able to drag Monahan, then forget it.  Monahan is a lost cause.  I'm excited to watch Dube and Toffoli though.  

Just now, The_People1 said:

If Gaudreau was not able to drag Monahan, then forget it.  Monahan is a lost cause.  I'm excited to watch Dube and Toffoli though.  

I think MOnahan should be on LTIR still. He looks like he needs to get back to 100%. It's clear that he is not 100%. Gaudreau did a great job of dragging Monahan into the play when Monahan is healthy. Monahan hurts the team when he is playing hurt and during a time he should be off to work to recover. 

Kucherov is what we should have done with Monahan.

15 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I think MOnahan should be on LTIR still. He looks like he needs to get back to 100%. It's clear that he is not 100%. Gaudreau did a great job of dragging Monahan into the play when Monahan is healthy. Monahan hurts the team when he is playing hurt and during a time he should be off to work to recover. 

Kucherov is what we should have done with Monahan.

I don't see any difference in Monahan this year versus year's past. The difference is he doesn't have Johnny and Sutter is asking him to do different things than previous coaches. 

I don't see anything there that suggests there is still an injury. 

17 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I don't see any difference in Monahan this year versus year's past. The difference is he doesn't have Johnny and Sutter is asking him to do different things than previous coaches. 

Monahan was really strong in the faceoff circle last night.  He is also doing things we haven't seen before.  I wouldn't call it being tougher, but he is being more forceful.  There wasn't any scoring from his line, but that doesn't mean there was not good plays or chances.  And that's with zero practice with Toffoli.  Should we really have expected him to look like a #1 playing with Ritchie and while Dube was having a rough time getting chances.  

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Monahan was really strong in the faceoff circle last night.  He is also doing things we haven't seen before.  I wouldn't call it being tougher, but he is being more forceful.  There wasn't any scoring from his line, but that doesn't mean there was not good plays or chances.  And that's with zero practice with Toffoli.  Should we really have expected him to look like a #1 playing with Ritchie and while Dube was having a rough time getting chances.  

I don't think Monahan is playing poorly this season. He didn't have a great start but he's been solid for the last couple of months. 

5th best Expected goals against 5 on 5

10th in Expected goals % (tied essentially with Coleman)

1st in high danger chance for %

I think Monahan is playing as well as you can ask of him given the circumstances. His tightened up his d game a bit and he's playing more physical. He's always been limited in certain aspects, namely speed and transition, and that just gets highlighted when you aren't playing with Gaudreau. 

59 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Well you're being nice! Very generous. 

On 2/14/2022 at 12:23 PM, The_Snowbear said:

Doubt there touching fourth line sutter said he has lucic with ruzzie to learn and it makes it easier for him to learn how he is to play

well Thats what i'd do what the heck does Sutter know about coaching?? lmao.. oh yea... anyways.. thats what id do.. Lucic and ruzicka play completely different games and I'd have Dube and Ruxicka together for the speed factor and Lewis with them for his experience.. I'd have Lucic and Toffoli with monahan cause I just think they bring different elements that blend well together as a line and a history of familiarity