UFA 2021

robrob74

1 minute ago, jjgallow said:

Saw it on twitter.  I was thinking Hyman, but Yamamoto is even more of a mismatch.

Oleksiak in Seattle.

Things got tough on the little guy.

He's not like Gaudreau that can mostly avoid hits.

Also, Oilers have nobody to step up to protect their stars.

Khaira gone and Kassian afraid to hit now.

No surprise on that one either. With Sutter for his cups in LA and another good defensive player/Pker for the bottom line. 

Can play center and wing. Not a great FO guy though. Better option than Ritchie in the lineup (most are)

3 minutes ago, bosn111 said:

Lewis confuses me. Pitlick, Ritchie and now Lewis as bottom 6 RW but still no top 6 RW, no 3rd RD and no backup G.

Did you expect Ritchie to play 82 games?

Pitlick is moveable up and down.

I almost expect Ruzicka to be the 3rd member this year.

A lot depends on the rest of the summer. 

Just see more important needs than signing more bottom 6 forwards. The Flames loaded up with Leivo, Simon and others last year hoping one might step up into top 6. It appears to be the same strategy this year regardless of how it didn’t work last year.

They keep bringing in experience depth players when young guys like Ruzicka should have a chance from the start, not just a couple Meaningless games at the end of the season. Does this create competition? Maybe, but the Flames have holes to fill and bottom 6 isn’t one of them with what we have signed.

Including Froese and Ritchie, Flames have 12 signed forwards. What will Dube sign for? They only have 3 D signed with Zadorov, Valimaki, Kylington and Mackey all needing contracts. 

The Flames don’t have a backup G, and have less than 13 mil to fill all these spots without a good top 6 RW. Mangiapane should be LW but is likely on the right.

Without trading one or more of Tkachuk, Gaudreau or Monahan, the team sits as

Gaudreau Monahan??

Tkachuck Lindholm Mangiapane 

Coleman Backlund Pitlick

Lucic ?? Lewis

Dube, Ritchie 

Zadorov is minimum 3.5 to re-sign, Valimaki and Mackey each around 1 mil and Kylington 870 K. That leaves less than 8 mil for a top 6 RW and a backup G.

My issue isn’t that the team has added forward depth, and likely upgraded over last year in the bottom 6, but instead it is doing so without filling big holes we have already.

Can they still make trades? Yes. So I guess I can temper my annoyance … for now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bosn111 said:

Just see more important needs than signing more bottom 6 forwards. The Flames loaded up with Leivo, Simon and others last year hoping one might step up into top 6. It appears to be the same strategy this year regardless of how it didn’t work last year.

They keep bringing in experience depth players when young guys like Ruzicka should have a chance from the start, not just a couple Meaningless games at the end of the season. Does this create competition? Maybe, but the Flames have holes to fill and bottom 6 isn’t one of them with what we have signed.

Including Froese and Ritchie, Flames have 12 signed forwards. What will Dube sign for? They only have 3 D signed with Zadorov, Valimaki, Kylington and Mackey all needing contracts. 

The Flames don’t have a backup G, and have less than 13 mil to fill all these spots without a good top 6 RW. Mangiapane should be LW but is likely on the right.

Without trading one or more of Tkachuk, Gaudreau or Monahan, the team sits as

Gaudreau Monahan??

Tkachuck Lindholm Mangiapane 

Coleman Backlund Pitlick

Lucic ?? Lewis

Dube, Ritchie 

Zadorov is minimum 3.5 to re-sign, Valimaki and Mackey each around 1 mil and Kylington 870 K. That leaves less than 8 mil for a top 6 RW and a backup G.

My issue isn’t that the team has added forward depth, and likely upgraded over last year in the bottom 6, but instead it is doing so without filling big holes we have already.

Can they still make trades? Yes. So I guess I can temper my annoyance … for now.

I get it dude but I imagine one or two of Tachuck (hopefully not, he’s got far too much future potential) Gaudreau, Manji, Dube and Lucic will probably be on the move…

with any luck it will be these three:

lucic

Dube

Gaudreau

not cause I dislike the players just I see a better team with Tachuck, Manji ans Coleman (unless he’s going to Ctr)

then I could see:

Backlund

Lucic

Dube 

Dube is one that may be needed to seal

a deal, and Gaudreau I think would or should net a better return…but hard to say he’s kinda one dimensional where as Tachuck brings more to the table which is why I would rather him I’ve Gaudreau and honestly I can see Sutter favouring Tkacuck over Gaudreau cause of his grit 

I think we may see the front end looking like:

Tkacuck/Eichel/Lindholm 

Manji/ Monahan/ Atkinson

Coleman/couturier/Pitlick

Lucic/???/Ritichie 

And Cgy short 2 first round picks…maybe Zucker if Lucic is traded to Pits as the rumour suggests and maybe Mcginn signed as a FA incase they may want to slide Coleman to Ctr…they could be looking at:

Tachuck/Eichel/Lindholm 

Manji/Monahan/Atkinson

Zucker/Coleman/ Ritchie or Pitlick

McGinn/Couturier/Ritchie or Pitlick

not 100% sure this is much better or not but I could see this as something Sutter may be able to work with…still leaves a hole on the bottom RD and backup G but it’s possible there is enough left over to fill those…back up G may just be Wolf and or Parsons 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Ryan not coming back. Makes the Flames a little thiner down the middle. 

Been a fairly successful day I would say, but Flames center depth, and impact, still has to be a big concern to management. 

For shame Ryan…liked the guy up till this 😢

11 minutes ago, cross16 said:

While he says he leaves it up to the coach, Treliving has talked about how Coleman fits on the right side and address their depth on the right side. Sure sounds like the plan to have Coleman as a RW, as Tampa did. 

That's a relief.

Not sure which lne, but he should be effective here.

On another note, scratch the other 3rd rounder for a Czech goalie from the Bruins - Vladar.

Seems to have decent AHL numbers, and he is HUGE.

Signed for a few years at $750k AAV.

The loss of Ryan is a bit of a shame, especially to EDM.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seemed like he lost a step from two years ago, when he lost the 3C spot to Bennett (injury at the time).

He's still good on the dot, but his size was a bit of a liability some nights.

Just now, phoenix66 said:

I'm sensing a big trade is imminent. Hes addressed all but the biggest need of all and the more these other teams spend just ups our chances of getting Eichel 

Buyers remorse tomorrow for a bunch of GM's.

Buffalo's depth is putrid right now.

At this point they would need to trade for Monahan just to ice a NHL line.

But, the point is other GM's that were banking on Eichel or a big fish lost out.

We have to sign our RFA's.

And get a couple of depth guys or determine who is ready or a fit.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Buyers remorse tomorrow for a bunch of GM's.

Buffalo's depth is putrid right now.

At this point they would need to trade for Monahan just to ice a NHL line.

But, the point is other GM's that were banking on Eichel or a big fish lost out.

We have to sign our RFA's.

And get a couple of depth guys or determine who is ready or a fit.

yup.. exactly my point ..

Vegas has room , but no prospects to trade ..

Buffalo has to realize you dont win an Eichel trade .. we can give them a starting center capable of 30 goals, some decent 1st rounders and good prospects 

I truly believe we just went to the front of the line, just waiting for Buffalo to realize they have no choice 

Ive read a few times today something that made total sense,   and thats as much as I like BT.. this has to be the last chance to push this team forward ..may as well go all in ..  if it fails he gets fired anyway..  if he doesnt go all in , he wont be around to see some of these prospects play anyway ..ask Daryl what he wants and give it to him  

5 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Buffalo has to realize you dont win an Eichel trade .. we can give them a starting center capable of 30 goals, some decent 1st rounders and good prospects 

I truly believe we just went to the front of the line, just waiting for Buffalo to realize they have no choice 

Ive read a few times today something that made total sense,   and thats as much as I like BT.. this has to be the last chance to push this team forward ..may as well go all in ..  if it fails he gets fired anyway..  if he doesnt go all in , he wont be around to see some of these prospects play anyway ..ask Daryl what he wants and give it to him  

I believe Vegas has negative room for any other signings.

Sure they can do like they did last summer and trade from a position of weakness after signing Pietrangelo...

$1.7m of projected LTIR used.

I think they are done tweaking.

8 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Well so far theses signings have Sutter written all over them say for the goalie…though Sutter did bring us Kipper and maybe 🤔 Sutter sees something in him or who knows…one point of note, let’s just say for a second, this kid is the next kipper…do they then trade Markstrom and if somto who, also I think Martha’s a NTC or NMC so that would make things trip but let’s just say what team would be looking for, can afford, Markstrom would be willing to go to and has the assets we would want?

any ideas?