UFA 2021

robrob74

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I would say you don't have a very good handle on who Coleman is as a player if you are going to argue that he is not much of a step up from Lucic. 

This is a significant step up from Lucic

Without question. Coleman's a terrific player. Helluva forechecker and boards player. $4.9 is what it is in the current market. We want to be harder to play, he certainly helps with that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

With that logic, we should sign Jones as goalie and trade for a broken Eichel.

1st overall guaranteed.

Lol.   When it happens ( and I hope it does ), you'll be the happiest guy in the room.   As long as it happens under new management so will I.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Without question. Coleman's a terrific player. Helluva forechecker and boards player. $4.9 is what it is in the current market. We want to be harder to play, he certainly helps with that.

He is an upgrade for sure.  I'm not confident that management  understands where its current priorities are, but I've got no issues with the player.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Yup. 

Anyone who has had problem with the Flames speed, forechecking ability, being tough to play against, and the lack of good players deeper in the lineups should be really happy right now. Coleman checks all of those boxes. The Flames basically adding a more physical version of Mangiapane to their lineup. 

It's not a great contract and you can debate whether or not the Flames should be hunting for players like this on July 1 but at the same time this is clearly the plan. The Flames are not going to rebuild, they want to push forward and in order to do that your going to need good players and this is a very good player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Lol.   When it happens ( and I hope it does ), you'll be the happiest guy in the room.   As long as it happens under new management so will I.

I hate losing.  Detest tanking.

I was not happy about an unprotected 1st for Hamonic at all.

While I reflect on my post, I was dumb.

Trading for Eichel would need to be a protected 1st or we would implode. 

Just now, conundrumed said:

By the looks of it, they wanna stop being soft and lazy, finally.

I'm okay with the two new players.

We always seemed undersized in the D-zone.

Coleman isn't huge, but [plays a big man's game.

Zaddy will be a player you love and hate.

We lost that in Bennett, and Tkachuk at times looks a little lost (play on the edge or back off).

As much as I love Tkachuk, I do find he gives up at times.

I remember a game where he dove and gave away a goal that he could have impacted.

2 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Canadians Getting destroyed for there 1st pick

Molson released a statement basically saying they were sorry about making the pick.

He won't be invited this year to camp and has to earn his way into the good books.

Molson has a lot of damage control to get out of trouble.

They are at least doing something about it.

Just now, zima said:

What about the Zadorov signing ok or not? I know nothing about him other than he is big and mean hard hitting

And that’s all that’s needed, especially on Cgy’s back end we badly need to be harder to play against…this will help keep the crease clear 

4 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Man, Ceci to the oil good term and AAV too…another miss there, he’s a good fit for Cgy but I don’t see it as a good fit for Edm 

We don't want Ceci at all. He's going to be a trainwreck on the Oilers backend. I'm thankful they signed him and paid him as much as they did. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

The oil can’t have much more cap

room? 

Blew their spending dollars.

They have like $2m + LTIR for some of the season (Klefbom).

Holland said they need to be complaint on day one, so I think they basically are done.

They gave up the ability to buy anyone else out when they didn't qualify the RFA's.

Maybe Foegele goes for arbitration.

Still need to re-sign Yamamoto and Foegele.

What a mess.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Molson released a statement basically saying they were sorry about making the pick.

He won't be invited this year to camp and has to earn his way into the good books.

Molson has a lot of damage control to get out of trouble.

They are at least doing something about it.

What a joke that's like asking for forgiveness they don't give a flying farckal what any buddy thinks they stole this kid and laughing all the way to the bank as far as I'm concerned 

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I hate losing.  Detest tanking.

I was not happy about an unprotected 1st for Hamonic at all.

While I reflect on my post, I was dumb.

Trading for Eichel would need to be a protected 1st or we would implode. 

I know you do and I respect that.

It's just we'll have a heckova lot less losing once we're a couple years into a properly planned rebuild.

Coleman is an upgrade but as  LHS forward the impact will be minimal.  Esepcially heading into his 30's.  And comparing him to Lucic is pretty fair if you adjust for age.  Coleman feels like a slightly younger Lucic.

Zadarov, I like, but again, what is up with the LH side of the ice.   He will be a very mild improvement but I would call this a clear case of desperate hole plugging.

Man these next couple years could be rough on you but if they get some decent management the timing could not be better with the draft.  There is light at the end of it.

17 minutes ago, zima said:

I hate when BT starts the UFA game he always seems to lose I do wonder if it has alot to do with geographic lots of players refuse to play out there  

He's doing fine. Don't forget who the coach is. This team had no bite in it's game, I'm sure Sutter was losing his mind.

1 minute ago, zima said:

What a joke that's like asking for forgiveness they don't give a flying farckal what any buddy thinks they stole this kid and laughing all the way to the bank as far as I'm concerned 

The business side is important to the owner.

The GM made a stupid pick based on an assessment of the player, nothing about the team, other players, families, etc.

He was not getting drafted by anyone else.

The owner would have told the GM to fly a kite if he asked first.

32 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I would say you don't have a very good handle on who Coleman is as a player if you are going to argue that he is not much of a step up from Lucic. 

This is a significant step up from Lucic

I agree with you, I am just thinking 3-4 years down the road when players like him tend to break down. We will love it for 2-3 years. So that’s great!

I am sure I will love the player and if Travel is right, maybe he becomes a 45+ point player with the Flames. He’ll definitely have better opportunities here.