Motivation and Work Ethic

conundrumed

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

They look unmotivated from puck drop most games.

I hope they have an on switch.

50 games of autopilot is getting old.

i find it troubling that they need it to be the oilers or the leafs to get them to skate. They need to skate every game. 

The fact they still get wins is either good or troubling. I think troubling because they believe they can play that way and get away with it. 

we had a 9 game win streak or something like that last year. After a few good wins the coaches started to see the slide and they won in spite of the team play, and wanted to practice to right the ship. 
it goes on that way too often. 

The Ottawa game started ok but when things went south they gave up. I don’t mind if they skate the way they did to start it, they should be skating that way at the very least! That is my minimum and then somewhere between the Ottawa and The Edmonton games should be the norm. We know a game off in every 4 or 5 is going to happen. 

16 minutes ago, Carty said:

Probably best related to this threads topic. so I will add it here...

Flames trying to avoid another year of post All-Star break blues...   

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flames-trying-avoid-another-year-post-star-break-blues/

hope that they kick the all star break Blues Hash Rate!

They need to Get down to business ! Just play! 

edited in:

thanks for sharing Carty.

i think that a few of the problems I see in the article is that there is a lot of “we need to do this or that” from ward and Tkachuk, but there isn’t any doing attached to what they’re saying. Then BT said that he can’t really say much about last year going into the break and that it is something to be cognizant of. One thing he pointed out was he thought they were not playing well going into it last year and that this year going into it they are playing a lot better.

? it worries me that the guy in charge of building this team sees it this way. They haven’t played well. A decent record in the last bit doesn’t tell the story. They’ve been lucky to get points and wins and should be out of the playoffs if not for the goalies.

i get it, he has to say things to coddle his team, but I am kind of tired of having to coddle them. Just play hockey already. Stop the in your head crap we’ve seen for years!

treliving treats his players like they all have Downes Syndrome and is very protective of them.. Screw that!! They are multi millionaires playing a game for a living!! I wish somehow that Harold Ballard or one ot those old farts were around today to Kick these players in the assets..... My slant on the Flames is that they cannot play the high tempo

always skating like the wind game that Treliving envisions.. Well Nobody can.. Humans just aren't made to go like Satoshi Nakamoto for two hours at a time.. We have a GM with minimal hockey experience dreaming of a Utopian / Robotic type of hockey only seen in science fiction movies

34 minutes ago, Horsman1 said:

I wish somehow that Harold Ballard or one ot those old farts were around today to Kick these players in the assets..... 

Interesting take.  Harold Ballard acting like Harold Ballard in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s didn’t win.  But you expect it to bring results now.

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

? it worries me that the guy in charge of building this team sees it this way. They haven’t played well. A decent record in the last bit doesn’t tell the story. They’ve been lucky to get points and wins and should be out of the playoffs if not for the goalies.

I think sometimes the losses stick out for fans.

They have had some good games as well.

Oilers.

Leafs.

Minny

Hawks.

These are games that are really tough to win.  

41 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I think sometimes the losses stick out for fans.

They have had some good games as well.

Oilers.

Leafs.

Minny

Hawks.

These are games that are really tough to win.  

I agree there were very good games played. I just think that the lack of consistency and looking as bad as they do the majority of time is what stands out. And it’s probably more a few top players that are guilty. But even so, a team that has been together for years also doesn't seem like they’re growing. Some had career years last year so it’s in them to give more. 

Archived