Motivation and Work Ethic

conundrumed

if we have gaudreau/monahan/lindstrom/ tkachuk. backlund magiapane as our top 6 forwards.. they are all offensive minded players .. that leaves czarnick in a bottom 6 role with the likes of bennett/ryan/lucic/jankowski/frolik

. .. none of those top six players belong on the fourth line .. even if we go three offensive lines will czarnick get playng time.. to show what kind of talent he has.. bennett/Jankowski/czarnick /// lucic/ryanf/rolik who plays on the fourth line??

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Ryan was great last year with Mangiapane, so that duo already exists.

Getting Bennett used to playing with them is crucial.

He looked steady last night, but it was also his best game.

For me it's a toss up whether Rieder with Lucic and Janko is better than Czarnik.

Both get chances.

Rieder is better defensively.

Czarnik has better and a higher volume of shots.

Czarnik just looks a bit off speed compared to the others.

Bennett looked great with Lucic, I’d make them the 4th pair.

In theme with the thread, who on this roster has been dragging this club into battle this year? Chucky did last year now got his large salary and has been invisibile most nights, with the exception of the 1st LA game. Last nights LA game they looked hung over or totally disinterested which seems to be the constant this year once again.  

13 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

In theme with the thread, who on this roster has been dragging this club into battle this year? Chucky did last year now got his large salary and has been invisibile most nights, with the exception of the 1st LA game. Last nights LA game they looked hung over or totally disinterested which seems to be the constant this year once again.  

We don't show up for the "easy" games.

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

So, where are the leaders on the team?

There has been too much talk about Tkachuk in LA games.

We have vets and they need to bring the team into the fight.

Gio, Monahan, Backlund, Ryan, Hamonic, Lucic...

We are seeing moments of that from ach of those player.

Why do they not show up when we get down?

Start with a shift where you are giving 100%.

Show the other lines and pairs you care.

We have seen them do it, so it is possible.

27 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

So, where are the leaders on the team?

There has been too much talk about Tkachuk in LA games.

We have vets and they need to bring the team into the fight.

Gio, Monahan, Backlund, Ryan, Hamonic, Lucic...

We are seeing moments of that from ach of those player.

Why do they not show up when we get down?

Start with a shift where you are giving 100%.

Show the other lines and pairs you care.

We have seen them do it, so it is possible.

that was downright embarrassing last night!! Kings were actually laughing at the Flames on their bench!! Somebody better grab Monahan by the balls quickly before he;s invited to play for Team Canada's woman;'s team

40 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

He has 2 goals, 3 assists, +3. Averaging 11:25 TOI. And the Caps fans are loving his blue collar game. Just as I did. The guy is the epitome of this thread title. Always was.

there are guys who just bring it and guys who depend on skill. I don’t hate skill but I notice skilled guys tend to rely on it too much 

43 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

He has 2 goals, 3 assists, +3. Averaging 11:25 TOI. And the Caps fans are loving his blue collar game. Just as I did. The guy is the epitome of this thread title. Always was.

after Ferland left, Hathaway became my fav player. For some reason our fans blamed him for games like last night, like he was the one that wasn’t doing enough.

8 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

after Ferland left, Hathaway became my fav player. For some reason our fans blamed him for games like last night, like he was the one that wasn’t doing enough.

Yup. He was one of my faves. If he wasn't running around stirring it up I always assumed he was playing through an injury. I think it was a general shrug from the masses that we lost him. The Caps are a much better team than us. Now their fanbase is saying, "this is exactly the kind of player we needed". Listening to the Caps reporter on NHL radio, he was saying the fans love his game and don't be surprised to start seeing Hathaway jerseys in the stands. Good on him. Where are all of our blue collar guys, again?

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Yup. He was one of my faves. If he wasn't running around stirring it up I always assumed he was playing through an injury. I think it was a general shrug from the masses that we lost him. The Caps are a much better team than us. Now their fanbase is saying, "this is exactly the kind of player we needed". Listening to the Caps reporter on NHL radio, he was saying the fans love his game and don't be surprised to start seeing Hathaway jerseys in the stands. Good on him. Where are all of our blue collar guys, again?

we need skill and scoring. Sorry, a lot on here hated Hathaway and didn’t see the skill. But I agree. There needs to be a balance of guys willing to drag you into the trenches. We had two like that last year. Now just one.

Just now, robrob74 said:

we need skill and scoring. Sorry, a lot on here hated Hathaway and didn’t see the skill. But I agree. There needs to be a balance of guys willing to drag you into the trenches. We had two like that last year. Now just one.

Yet we keep all of the vanilla-flavours. Not to mention names, but most of the roster.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Where are all of our blue collar guys, again?

I'm glad we are not paying Hathaway $1.5 x 4-years.  That's too much.

I believe Quine has been called up?  I also liked Gawdin from pre-season.  We need to inject some of this youth into our bottom 6.  Say goodbye to Czarnik.  Jankowski is vanilla as they come.  Frolik is a shadow of his former self.  Just lost that jump and first stride.  These 3 need to go.

50 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I believe Quine has been called up?  I also liked Gawdin from pre-season.  We need to inject some of this youth into our bottom 6.  Say goodbye to Czarnik.  Jankowski is vanilla as they come.  Frolik is a shadow of his former self.  Just lost that jump and first stride.  These 3 need to go.

You aren't wrong, per se.

Czarnik never seems to be a factor in games he gets in.

Frolik doesn;t look good unless Backs and Tkachuk look good, which has been limited.

Janko's game has tailed off into nothing.

Maybe he needs 13 minutes to do something.

Maybe he needs players that have hockey sense.

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

5 pts in 9 games. Fan favourite. It's a bargain. You're one of the many that think he's a throw away. He's not a star but he can impact a game. But Czarnik is $1.25 right? 🙄

Better effort last night against the Ducks. Still need to clean some Satoshi Nakamoto up but at least there was an effort. I thought Talbot looked rock solid in net, should add some confidence moving forward for sure. Have another tough one against the Caps, lets hope we disallow this many quality chances, pretty sure they find the twine.  Was nice to see some nastiness from Monahan as well. 

Archived