Trade Deadline 2018

Heartbreaker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I think that he probably just left due to injury as reported by Sportsnet... 

The Bob Mackenzie tweet has a suspicious handle @TSNBobMcKenzje, and I don't know how reputable breakingnews365 is. 

That's it, I'm not breaking trades anymore. Who the hell do I think I am? Aaron Ward?!

Love. 

Leave 2 cities and 20 million people to their own devices and things might get really annoying. :/

2 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I think that he probably just left due to injury as reported by Sportsnet... 

The Bob Mackenzie tweet has a suspicious handle @TSNBobMcKenzje, and I don't know how reputable breakingnews365 is. 

That's it, I'm not breaking trades anymore. Who the hell do I think I am? Aaron Ward?!

05b574271f844c71c044013628dc5e0c.png

The Flyers have acquired Petr Mrazek in exchange for conditional 3rd and 4th round picks. Looks like a pretty good deal, and a necessary one after Elliott and Neuvirth both went down with injuries. 

I tried to post the image from TSN, but there's some problem with the upload just now. So instead, you get a Linkypoo.

Love. 

2 hours ago, CheersMan said:

How about Erik Karlsson to LVK.  Who would have thought they would be looking to add, but they certainly have the assets (draft picks) OTT would be looking for.  They have the coin to resign Karlsson as well.  Its going to be a wild weekend me thinks.

That's an interesting thought. I don't think they'd want to disrupt what they've got going on, and to be honest, I don't actually think they'll move him during the season. EK seems like a draft day deal to me. 

A delicious non-sequitur: 

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but Darren Dreger reported: 

The Montreal Canadiens are looking for a big D to fill the number two hole... 

Nobody even flinched, and my 15 year old self hasn't stopped laughing yet. 

Love. 

First bigger deal. This feels a little underwhelming for the Sens and makes me happier they re signed Backlund. This is not that great a return for a player you could argue is better. Brassard and an extra year on his deal too.

The rich get richer... this is a very solid deal for the Pens. Gustavsson is a solid goalie prospect but not a high end one IMO.

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

First bigger deal. This feels a little underwhelming for the Sens and makes me happier they re signed Backlund. This is not that great a return for a player you could argue is better. Brassard and an extra year on his deal too.

The rich get richer... this is a very solid deal for the Pens. Gustavsson is a solid goalie prospect but not a high end one IMO.

The NHL didn't accept the trade due to cap related complications. They are now trying to rework the trade with a 3rd team involved to retain part of Brassard's salary. TSN says 3rd team likely Vegas.

27 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

The NHL didn't accept the trade due to cap related complications. They are now trying to rework the trade with a 3rd team involved to retain part of Brassard's salary. TSN says 3rd team likely Vegas.

Can't see Vegas wanting to help out PITS.  These deals really need to be approved by the NHL BEFORE they are announced.  Common Garry, what are you running, some kind of Mickey Mouse league?

Just now, CheersMan said:

Can't see Vegas wanting to help out PITS.  These deals really need to be approved by the NHL BEFORE they are announced.  Common Garry, what are you running, some kind of Mickey Mouse league?

I'm hoping that Vegas charges them big time. Like a 2nd rounder.

14 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I'm hoping that Vegas charges them big time. Like a 2nd rounder.

I don't understand this deal at all. Either I am just slow this morning or the reporting is poor, but I am not clear on what Vegas gets out of this. From what I have read, all that Vegas gets in return for taking on 40% of Brassard's salary is Ryan Reaves and a 4th round pick. They are also helping out Pittsburgh in the process. 

38 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I don't understand this deal at all. Either I am just slow this morning or the reporting is poor, but I am not clear on what Vegas gets out of this. From what I have read, all that Vegas gets in return for taking on 40% of Brassard's salary is Ryan Reaves and a 4th round pick. They are also helping out Pittsburgh in the process. 

Maybe a thank you for gifting them Fleury?

2 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

I read that & listened to TSN & thought "that's all?:. :huh:

Vegas also gave the Pengies prospect Tobias Lindberg.

Giving up a prospect (even if B level @ best) & retaining $2 million on Brassard this year & next is a steep price to rent Reaves who goes UFA after this season.

Smells fishy (although Penguins do smell like fish I'm told). ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit

I was just reading that John Shannon of Sportsnet did some digging on this & says it was to kepp Brassard in the east. Apparently a western team (said to be the Jets) was going hard for Brassard so McPhee did this to keep him out of their hands.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:26 PM, CheersMan said:

Not sure it is the NHL's fault that teams can't keep their trades silent/secret until league approves the deal.

14 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Not sure it is the NHL's fault that teams can't keep their trades silent/secret until league approves the deal.

We are living in the digital world where information travels rather quickly, I get that.  Maybe the NHL can find ways to control the information a little better.  Fines, footnotes, disclaimers, etc.  The fan needs to understand that a trades are not finalized until such time as........

Archived