Trade Deadline 2018

Heartbreaker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the prices that were paid for the top guys, I am glad we didn't make the big moves.

Kane - no thanks

Statsny - conditional 1st, good player but didn't have the pick this year, risky to use next year's

Tatar - way too much

McDonagh - a lot for a player we didn't need

Hartman - 1st rounder?  Really?

Maroon - would have been interested, but he's a floater in EDM.  Does not kill penalties.  Will go back to EDM, so pure rental.

You basically never win trades when you trade an elite player. Karlsson shouldn't be on the block to begin with so whether they trade him now or in the off-season so the concept that someone how the Sens can "win" a Karlsson trade I don't think is valid. 

I also happen to think the best time you trade a player like that is the offseason. Allow all teams to put their best offer on the table and then they are willing to include players off their roster whereas on TDL they normally are not. I don't think it ever makes sense to deal high end players at the trade deadline unless they are pending UFAs. 

On 2/28/2018 at 10:33 PM, Cowtownguy said:

I am still confused as to what the Canucks are doing. New York did more of a rebuild in the last week than they have in the last two years. Are they still delusional that they can just tinker with that team?

I thought NY did a very good job at the deadline. If you're going to be a seller, I think they did it right. I like most of the players they picked up, including the prospects.

2 more 1sts and a 2nd this year, another 1st next year, damn fine haul.

Archived