Crosby Should Be Suspended

Carty

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

The intention is to not let it escalate. My concern is the NHL is letting it escalate, because it's Crosby. The irony is, if it does escalate, he's had major concussion issues.

They aren't really protecting him.

The second someone touches Sid even if it's a clean hit, he will make sure that everyone in the building including the refs knows that he has been mortally wounded...

fc04994a1b3e658faaf153f9d3ce4348.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carty said:

The second someone touches Sid even if it's a clean hit, he will make sure that everyone in the building including the refs knows that he has been mortally wounded...

fc04994a1b3e658faaf153f9d3ce4348.png

I though the comments from O reiley were pretty funny, he said sid told him at the next faceoff sorry I was going for your stick. The best player in the world misses by that far with his stick and hits a guy in the crotch, now ive heard it all. I know the NHL is fast paced but I dont believe for a second that crosby was going for his "stick".

1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

The Crosby "slash" was a harmless tap with the stick.  It was unfortunate but I think you can blame inadequate gloves/equipment on the injury.

That "harmless slash" connects with him face or eyes and we are talking about a much more serious injury.    

3 hours ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

I though the comments from O reiley were pretty funny, he said sid told him at the next faceoff sorry I was going for your stick. The best player in the world misses by that far with his stick and hits a guy in the crotch, now ive heard it all. I know the NHL is fast paced but I dont believe for a second that crosby was going for his "stick".

So that's what Crosby calls that body part.

Is that a maritime term?

4 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Can't blame a slash on poor equipment. Does that mean all the Crosby concussion hits also mean he should have worn a better helmet?

Funny that you mention that because for the people trying to argue Crosby has a double standard remember David Steckel drilling him from behind into the boards to give him his 2nd concussion? Crosby missed a huge chunk of time and Steckel got nothing...

NHL can be guilty of a lot but out of all the professional league they do the WORST job protecting their stars. I would never accuse the league of giving stars preferential treatment, I'd argue the opposite in fact especially if you compare them to the other major professional leagues

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Funny that you mention that because for the people trying to argue Crosby has a double standard remember David Steckel drilling him from behind into the boards to give him his 2nd concussion? Crosby missed a huge chunk of time and Steckel got nothing...

NHL can be guilty of a lot but out of all the professional league they do the WORST job protecting their stars. I would never accuse the league of giving stars preferential treatment, I'd argue the opposite in fact especially if you compare them to the other major professional leagues

The only thing I think where stars get preferential treatment is when they get suspended. Their suspensions are usually less than the non-stars. 

I think the league has to set a standard and stick to them regardless of the player and outcome. 

“We all know who he is, the guy is just a whiner beyond belief,” Melnyk said on TSN 1200. “You do this kind of stuff, I don’t care who you are in the league - I don’t care if you’re the number one player in the league - you should sit out for a long time for this kind of crap.”

Slightly embellished but a very valid statement.

“I’m just going to leave it,” Crosby told reporters Sunday morning in Pittsburgh. “He likes to hear himself talk, so let’s leave it.”

Insulting someone immediately after saying you are just going to leave it makes a person appear childish.

Crosby’s agent, Pat Brisson of CAA Sports, released a statement to TSN’s Darren Dreger on Friday.

“In my opinion, a team owner who makes a negative comment about a player outside of his organization should be fined for such action,” Brisson said. “It’s worse than tampering and against the culture of our game.”

:lol: Even Crosby's agent is a "whiner beyond belief"

17 hours ago, cross16 said:

for the people trying to argue Crosby has a double standard

Erik Johnson got a 2 game suspension on Feb 11th 2014 for a slash on Frans Nielson...   The league set a precedent with that, and it should have been taken into account on Crosby's slash, and the same should have applied when Gaudreau got his hand broken...   They need to put a stop to the slashes to the hands, it doesn't belong in the game...

The penalty is in the rules, and it should be consistently enforced...   When it results in a serious injury it deserves a suspension, and that was the point the league made when it handed the suspension to Johnson...

I don't disagree at all that when it comes to suspensions the NHL does not have it right, no doubt.

I just don't think it relates to a double standard for Crosby that's all. Sure if its borderline you are going to lean to not suspending a Star player but all leagues do that. Taking one of your stars and most marketable assets out of the game is not a wise idea so if you are going to suspend it he needs to deserve it and I think all leagues operate that way. 

On March 26, 2017 at 11:20 AM, CheersMan said:

The Crosby "slash" was a harmless tap with the stick.  It was unfortunate but I think you can blame inadequate gloves/equipment on the injury.

Well yeah, if you mean in the same way that Lorena gave John Bobbitt a slight slap on the weewee. 

Man, I sure hope that Carty doesn't add a pic to this post. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

Looks like Crosby took a pretty ugly hit to the head in the game tonight. A 5-minute major and a game misconduct to Niskanen on the play.

Looks like Crosby got suspended by the hockey Gods.

But seriously though, that stick to the face has Kariya/Suter written all over it.  I would be surprised if Crosby is back in these playoffs.

It was a couple of quick dirty whacks by Ovechkin that led it happening in the first place and he should have been sent to the box as well, but Niskanen is still responsible for his cross check...

No hearing and no suspension:   https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2017/05/02/sidney-crosby-matt-niskanen/101194850/

11 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Looks like Crosby got suspended by the hockey Gods.

Karma can be a real hooking...

11 hours ago, The_People1 said:

But seriously though, that stick to the face has Kariya/Suter written all over it.  I would be surprised if Crosby is back in these playoffs.

His leg took a pretty bad twist too...   Between that and the head shot he might be out for a while, but even if he comes back soon, I'd be surprised if it didn't slow him down...

28 minutes ago, Carty said:

It was a couple of quick dirty whacks by Ovechkin that led it happening in the first place and he should have been sent to the box as well, but Niskanen is still responsible for his cross check...

No hearing and no suspension:   https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2017/05/02/sidney-crosby-matt-niskanen/101194850/

It was the hand of hockey Gods.

One whack on the arm by OV....

...then Crosby clips OV's skate which causes OV's stick to hit Crosby on the back of the head, then Crosby dives, only for his head to land directly on Niskanen's glove area as Niskanen brings his hands up to brace for impact.

Niskanen should never have gotten 5 and a game.  OV should've got 2 for slashing... But I don't know what's considered a slash in the NHL anymore...

6 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I don't know what's considered a slash in the NHL anymore...

Don't feel bad, neither do the refs, they seem to have forgotten where it is in the rule book...   So they just make it up as they go along, depending on their mood...

Sid officially concussed & out for game 4.

Despite my fan hatred for him, I hope he is OK & continues to play. :unsure:

Go Capitals Go

The media is trying to implicate & villify Ovie in all of this. :rolleyes:

The following did however occur just prior. B)

xD9Tygh.jpg

Ovie is also accused of brutally crosschecking Crosby just prior to Niskanen's misinterpreted dastardly deed.

Penguins hockey writer/embarassment Ron Rossi seems to feel OV & Nishkanen deliberately set out to hurt Crosby as a tag team. :rolleyes:

They must have practiced like crazy to take advantage of a situation that played into their nefarious plan. :lol:

The embarassing defense of his stance is on TSN.

BTW, I don't like Crosby but for him to  get injured by a fluke set of circumstances is still a loss to hockey.

4 hours ago, Carty said:

At least the Pens will still have Kessel...

d70985b87ac3ee46bf1676666ddab2a6.png

That was a pretty kewl one Carty. I can't get enough of Kessel fat jokes, just like I can't get enough of Canucks fans burning down their city jokes.

Archived