Crosby Should Be Suspended

Carty

6 hours ago, conundrumed said:

What's funny is most commentators I've listen to call it suspendable, then every current and ex-NHL-er says it's unfortunate, but not worthy of a suspension and that super slo-mo isn't a fair assessment.

Don Cherry was a joke.  I get that he hates Ovi, but he made it sound like a conspiracy.  Ovi lines him up, then Niskanen flattens him.  Cherry went on to talk about the "attack on McDavid" that resulted in the injury last year.  The guy was chirping McDavid and Connor comes out in the media saying the guy admitted doing it on purpose.  Come on.  The intent was to check the player, and McDavid hit a rut.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Don Cherry was a joke.  I get that he hates Ovi, but he made it sound like a conspiracy.  Ovi lines him up, then Niskanen flattens him.  Cherry went on to talk about the "attack on McDavid" that resulted in the injury last year.  The guy was chirping McDavid and Connor comes out in the media saying the guy admitted doing it on purpose.  Come on.  The intent was to check the player, and McDavid hit a rut.  

But like Trudeau Lite McDavid totally reversed his position. Originally he admitted hitting a rut but recanted later saying he was chirped by Manning a year later. Alternate history emerges after the Oilers blow a couple of leads & lose the game.

BTW, @ the time of the injury Grapes defended the Flyers player(s). McDavid's Crosby caliber whing got Cherry to change his mind I guess.

17 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

But like Trudeau Lite McDavid totally reversed his position. Originally he admitted hitting a rut but recanted later saying he was chirped by Manning a year later. Alternate history emerges after the Oilers blow a couple of leads & lose the game.

BTW, @ the time of the injury Grapes defended the Flyers player(s). McDavid's Crosby caliber whing got Cherry to change his mind I guess.

I lost respect for him when he went on TV about the chirping, saying the player admitted it.  Attempt to get him off his game, like any chirping.  Sorry kid, but if you play the game at a high speed you are going to get hurt at some point.  Whether you hit a rut and hit the boards or end up crashing into the goal post and breaking a leg, the player has to take take responsibility for his actions that put him in that circustances.  You love to see the talent play, but the line between elite edge work and hazardous is a thin piece of metal.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Hmmm...interesting NHL concussion protocol is a player isn't allowed to return to play for a week minimum.

The Pens announced that it was a concussion...this could get interesting if he returns tomorrow...

Not familiar with that part as what I've read said there is no mandatory period since the club Dr. is tasked with deciding if the player can safely return.  That's under section VIII of the 2016-17 Season "Concussion Evaluation & Management Protocol".

I'd like to see the 1 you base this on.

Good call FF. Guess how dumb I am? Bob MacCowan stated that today on his show.

This will be the last time I don't fact check him, because I cannot find ANYTHING to back up what he threw out there as fact, and none of his idiot panel (Hi Shannon) apparently calls him on it.

Fake news? lol

Really? It's only hockey...

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Good call FF. Guess how dumb I am? Bob MacCowan stated that today on his show.

This will be the last time I don't fact check him, because I cannot find ANYTHING to back up what he threw out there as fact, and none of his idiot panel (Hi Shannon) apparently calls him on it.

Fake news? lol

Really? It's only hockey...

I'll scratch the line that doesn't apply. Hope you don't mind. :)

Many of us assume the media knows what they talk about but I've seen/heard so many reversals that I just consider the talking heads as overpaid bloggers.

It'll be interesting this year as the guy that considered himself the insider in Jets stories was hired by LV. Watch how he pumps their tires. :lol:

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I'll scratch the line that doesn't apply. Hope you don't mind. :)

Many of us assume the media knows what they talk about but I've seen/heard so many reversals that I just consider the talking heads as overpaid bloggers.

It'll be interesting this year as the guy that considered himself the insider in Jets stories was hired by LV. Watch how he pumps their tires. :lol:

In LV. God the ironing that it's a guy named Lawless.

What are the chances? Makes me worry about kitsch, but whatev. :lol:

But boarding MacCowan, I should have known better. Lesson learned.

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

In LV. God the ironing that it's a guy named Lawless.

What are the chances? Makes me worry about kitsch, but whatev. :lol:

But boarding MacCowan, I should have known better. Lesson learned.

There is at least one useless source in each hockey market.

The guy in the Ottawa area rivals Lawless.

The guy in VAN from the newspaper is just a complete tool.  He makes up more crap than Lawless.

Francis in CGY.

A few in EDM, though they are a bit more accurate, just complete homers.

Everybody that covers the TML.  

10 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

My uncle was one of the Sun's founding father's, and I'm ashamed:lol:

Hold your head in shame.....

I find he makes a big deal out of every possible piece of speculation (AKA Fake News, rumors).

If it's true it's usually Cap'n Obvious stuff.

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Hold your head in shame.....

I find he makes a big deal out of every possible piece of speculation (AKA Fake News, rumors).

If it's true it's usually Cap'n Obvious stuff.

To be fair, years ago I did make some inquiries into Mr Smug;)

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

My uncle was one of the Sun's founding father's, and I'm ashamed:lol:

Out here the Sun was founded by laid off Tribune employees as an alternate to the Free Press. The they got absorbed by Quebecor

I'm not sure about other cities but here  the reporters jump from 1 to the other so you get them following whatever company line keeps them employed. A major reason I have no respect for reporters (that & the fact these journalists [using the term lightly] can't spell nor use puctuation marks).

6 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Out here the Sun was founded by laid off Tribune employees as an alternate to the Free Press. The they got absorbed by Quebecor

I'm not sure about other cities but here  the reporters jump from 1 to the other so you get them following whatever company line keeps them employed. A major reason I have no respect for reporters (that & the fact these journalists [using the term lightly] can't spell nor use puctuation marks).

Actually, I have a couple of very modest cousins, but I agree, so many are just...sigh.

The Sun was founded in Ontario. Trust me, I've joked it's a vehicle for advertising car lots, lol.

Just now, conundrumed said:

Actually, I have a couple of very modest cousins, but I agree, so many are just...sigh.

The Sun was founded in Ontario. Trust me, I've joked it's a vehicle for advertising car lots, lol.

Pun? :)

@ the dealership I worked @ we got a few copies every day.

But while some call it a rag @ least it's an alternative to the other. Often I wonder if they aren't owned by the only 2 political parties in Mb. as each backs 1 or the other.

19 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Pun? :)

@ the dealership I worked @ we got a few copies every day.

But while some call it a rag @ least it's an alternative to the other. Often I wonder if they aren't owned by the only 2 political parties in Mb. as each backs 1 or the other.

:lol: Winner winner chicken dinner!

It's like the US, CNN or Fox, leaving the rest of us to find our own balance.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Was anyone watching the Kessel diving spectacular last night?
I had to :lol: @ the Pengie fans that thought a puck over the net should count as a goal.

Go Nashville!!!!!!!!!

Bunch of drunks.

Kessel is a tool.  He deserves to be a Pengie.  Refs blow dead a 2-1 scenario because Kessel's ear was laying on the ice.  Almost as bad as Bonino's phantom high stick to the face (previous series).

Game #2 tonight. After spotting the Pengies a game I hope we get real officials.

I wasn't impressed by the WC 1s but they called the game according to IIHF rules. By comparision the NHL (?) 1s looked worse than some I've seen call beer league games.

45 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Game #2 tonight. After spotting the Pengies a game I hope we get real officials.

I wasn't impressed by the WC 1s but they called the game according to IIHF rules. By comparision the NHL (?) 1s looked worse than some I've seen call beer league games.

If PITTS is really that bad and can only win a game by Rinne being off his game and penalty gifts, they are hooped.

Archived