Crosby Should Be Suspended

Carty

All the attention from last nights games hockey highlights has been going to Crosby's nice one-handed backhand goal...

Well I happen to think that his 8 ball in the corner pocket shot should be the one in the spotlight...   Crosby very deliberately skates over to O'Reilly who doesn't even have the puck and gives him the ol' can opener during last nights game...

If Crosby is not suspended for this it will be further proof that the league has double standards when it comes to doling out discipline...   If it was someone like Tkachuk or Ferland that did this, the leagues only question would be deciding on how many games suspension it would take to satisfy their outrage...

I am calling shenanigans and BS on Bettman and his kangaroo court that goes by the name of the NHL Department of Player Safety...

Gary and his minions should have a good look 17 seconds into this clip, and if Crosby is not suspended they should damn well have to explain themselves...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pyromancer said:

Cindy Crysby had another victim Thursday night.

Hoping Tkachuk gives him a good elbow smash next time we play the Pengies!

Then Crysby can join Poo Pouty in awe of Matthew's on-ice hospitality.

Crosby hack at Methot’s hand maims finger - SN

Saw a couple of articles on that. Man, is that finger ugly.

But it's Crosby. The league might give him a talking to & write it off as accidental.

5 hours ago, Pyromancer said:

Cindy Crysby had another victim Thursday night.

Hoping Tkachuk gives him a good elbow smash next time we play the Pengies!

Then Crysby can join Poo Pouty in awe of Matthew's on-ice hospitality.

Crosby hack at Methot’s hand maims finger - SN

Seems owner Melnyk is a tad upset about this.

The league isn't even looking @ it because it's Sidney Fricking Crosby. Talk about accountability but for some reason certain stars aren't included for that.

1 minute ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Seems owner Melnyk is a tad upset about this.

I think it is BS. I don't care what player it is, anyone who has the puck and gets hacked, it should be a penalty. A penalty is a penalty is a penalty. For some reason the league is ok with hands being injured yet want scoring to go up. 

11 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Saw a couple of articles on that. Man, is that finger ugly.

But it's Crosby. The league might give him a talking to & write it off as accidental.

Nothing...   Not even a phone call from the league...   It's Sid, so they are just pretending these incidents never happened...

If it was any of the majority of players in the league both of these hacks are worth a 2 or 3 game suspension...   If it was one of the Flames, probably 5...   :lol:

Methot can't even give Bettman and his disciplinary kangaroo court the finger because it looks like half of it is missing...

[Admin edit: Warning: graphic content]

bf6ab43d2f41f2060d10320897c13316.png

6 hours ago, Carty said:

Nothing...   Not even a phone call from the league...   It's Sid, so they are just pretending these incidents never happened...

If it was any of the majority of players in the league both of these hacks are worth a 2 or 3 game suspension...   If it was one of the Flames, probably 5...   :lol:

Methot can't even give Bettman and his disciplinary kangaroo court the finger because it looks like half of it is missing...

[Admin edit: Warning: graphic content]

bf6ab43d2f41f2060d10320897c13316.png

Cindy won't have to worry about the league suspending him, nor will McDavid have to worry about crossing the line.  

Earlier in the season, they might have reviewed it.  Not in the heat of the scoring race (points one and goal one) and the Hart.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Cindy won't have to worry about the league suspending him, nor will McDavid have to worry about crossing the line.  

Earlier in the season, they might have reviewed it.  Not in the heat of the scoring race (points one and goal one) and the Hart.

McDoofus didn't get squat for crosschecking Tkachuk in the face for a clean hit on another Coiler after the whistle earlier in the season either...   and to me that was about the equivalent of the elbow to Doughty that got Tkachuk a suspension...

The Flames are in a race too, a race to try and make the playoffs and also jockeying for position if they do...   That makes two infractions Crysby should have been suspended for in less than a week...   It's just double standard BS...

Nobody got suspended for Gaudreau's break. Right now hacking at the hands is NHL status quo. I really hate it. We can't break sticks but break players' fingers? Why not!?

It should be called a slash, but maybe the refs complain about how many rules they have to call why they only seem to concentrate on a few in any give. Year?

The double standard of star preferential treatment is so blatantly obvious in the NHL. They"ll probably name Crosby 1st star of the week for his stick work. Methot is actually hurt...it's a shame the NHL values the lives of some of its employees over others. Crosby could pull out a gun on the ice and start emptying clips and the league would just marvel at his "shooting" ability lol

The slash should have been a penalty no doubt, but a suspension no. What Staal did do to gaudreau was no different than Crosby so to say he is getting special treatment isn't fair. The result is worse, but you can't punish based on result or at least you shouldn't. Slashes like that happen multiple times in just about every game. 

Should have been a penalty no doubt and can't believe it wasn't but that is it. You start suspending slashes like that and good luck caging the can of worms you will open. 

10 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Ristolainen more than paid the Penguins back with his head shot on Guentzel.

Risto got 3 fames for that.

TSN panel discussion had no problem with the slash but did with his spear to the groin from behind.

Quote from SN recap of Isles @ Pens "Sidney Crosby who thankfully managed not to injure anyone on the night". :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, cross16 said:

You start suspending slashes like that and good luck caging the can of worms you will open. 

That can of worms got opened with the instigator rule and the leagues determination to abolish enforcers...

Dirty play like whacking someone in the nuts or going after their hands with a slasht used to get the violators face punched, and rightfully so...

6 minutes ago, Carty said:

That can of worms got opened with the instigator rule and the leagues determination to abolish enforcers...

Dirty play like whacking someone in the nuts or going after their hands with a slasht used to get the violators face punched, and rightfully so...

Crosby has figured it out that the way to defend is to use dirty stick wor, that is not being called.

With enforcers going the way of the dinosaur and instigator rule in place then players like JH should learn a bit from "The Rat" school of self defense.

1 hour ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Crosby has figured it out that the way to defend is to use dirty stick wor, that is not being called.

Both the 8 ball shot and the hand slash are in the rule book...   If they just started calling the hand slashes, players would quit doing it after it started to cost their team...   It's ridiculous that they didn't crack down on it a long time ago...   The 8 ball shot deserves the same in return...

36 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

With enforcers going the way of the dinosaur and instigator rule in place then players like JH should learn a bit from "The Rat" school of self defense.

I absolutely agree, and so does Theo...

Methot's hand will never be the same. If I were him, I would be looking for some revenge...maybe with my stick. I would take the suspension.

If the refs don't officiate fairly, and enforcers are unable to police the game, then you have effectively created a system of personal vengeance.

3 hours ago, Carty said:

Don't disagree at all. Just don't think the answer is to open up another by suspending slashes. agree with your other point of just start calling the rules on slashing especially egregious ones like this one. 

9 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

Methot's hand will never be the same. If I were him, I would be looking for some revenge...maybe with my stick. I would take the suspension.

If the refs don't officiate fairly, and enforcers are unable to police the game, then you have effectively created a system of personal vengeance.

The intention is to not let it escalate. My concern is the NHL is letting it escalate, because it's Crosby. The irony is, if it does escalate, he's had major concussion issues.

They aren't really protecting him.

Archived