We are ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ a playoff bound team ̶?̶

CheersMan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It does, so let's get this over with haha.

The Cali teams to head for the playoffs is absolutely perfect with me, let's see where we stand.

It might scare us, one way or the other, lol.

We might even face Edm in he first round. Not likely, but possible that they can win the division. 

I know its early but I think the Flames have iced their playoff spot. I can see the Oilers beating the Kings tomorrow as the Kings are just too slow and offensively deficient to keep up with these fast, higher scoring teams. It would have been nice to see Iggy back in the playoffs but not at our expense! This final homestand will be vital!

On 25/03/2017 at 10:26 AM, CheersMan said:

Last call for the non believers..........Last Call!

I am amazed at how well they've done.   Watching them play has been a treat.

At the end of the day we need to do more than make the playoffs, though.  We need to have some kind of success in them.

That happens, and I'm happy to be dead wrong.

Dallas & Winnipeg can officially book their book their tee times tonight.

Still speculating that the Islanders or Lightning will steal the Leafs playoff spot & the world will end in Toronto.

The bombardment of Leaf playoff talk; especially from TSN, is almost unbearable.

2016-17%20Playoff%20Projection%202017-03

3 hours ago, jjgallow said:

I am amazed at how well they've done.   Watching them play has been a treat.

At the end of the day we need to do more than make the playoffs, though.  We need to have some kind of success in them.

That happens, and I'm happy to be dead wrong.

Presently 3rd most wins in the west, only MIN and CHI have more.  If Elliott continues to provide outstanding goaltending this post season we could do some damage.  I think the key now is to finish the season health.

17 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Presently 3rd most wins in the west, only MIN and CHI have more.  If Elliott continues to provide outstanding goaltending this post season we could do some damage.  I think the key now is to finish the season health.

I think what we need to do now is intimidate EVERYBODY and run the table on California.

Nothing to lose...

50 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I think what we need to do now is intimidate EVERYBODY and run the table on California.

Nothing to lose...

If we happened to do that( 2x - Ducks, SJ and LA), it would put us at 102.  The Dicks could still finish above us by a (loser) point by winning out their other games.

SJ would be one behind us by winning out their remaining ones.  That would leave EDM with 99 points at mosy.  Appropriate.

That would be an interesting 1st round:

ANA vs EDM

CGY vs SJS

CHI vs STL

MIN vs NSH

As of last night., the odds for the Flames making the playoffs increased to 99.8%...

Using Pyro's projected 96 points needed for a wild card spot as a baseline, the percentage odds for the potential first round opponent are currently shaping up like this...

495e60ac82756c87184913838b11a9e0.png

Oilers will beat the Kings tonight therefore that should clinch them a playoff berth..good lawd!..1st time since 2006!! It's 2017..Marinate on that for a bit! It would be great for the Flames to go on a tear to close out the season..all we need is to beat SJ and ANA once and it should be enough for the teams confidence moving forward. I'd love home ice advantage but the Flames aren't a bad road team and I think being spoilers will up their game. Pretty crazy that the BOA could spill over in the playoffs...been a looooong time coming

1 hour ago, rickross said:

Oilers will beat the Kings tonight therefore that should clinch them a playoff berth..good lawd!..1st time since 2006!! It's 2017..Marinate on that for a bit! It would be great for the Flames to go on a tear to close out the season..all we need is to beat SJ and ANA once and it should be enough for the teams confidence moving forward. I'd love home ice advantage but the Flames aren't a bad road team and I think being spoilers will up their game. Pretty crazy that the BOA could spill over in the playoffs...been a looooong time coming

Or the Kings actually show up for pride and beat the snot out of the Oilers.  They have a slim chance of making the playoffs.

They should be trying to be "Spoilers of the Oilers".TM

1 hour ago, rickross said:

I’m pulling for the King’s tonight.  We don’t need the Coilers help, we can take care of the King’s tmrw.  Me, personally, I could care less about the BoA.  I’d rather see the Coilers booking tee times.

21 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Or the Kings actually show up for pride and beat the snot out of the Oilers.  They have a slim chance of making the playoffs.

They should be trying to be "Spoilers of the Oilers".TM

I want nothing more than the Kings to obliterate the Oilers tonight..but its likely not going to happen. Kings are far too slow and offensively deficient to keep up to the Oilers. Maybe Quick stands on his head but i'm not counting on them. Tomorrow the Tkachuk vs. Doughty rematch

31 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

I’m pulling for the King’s tonight.  We don’t need the Coilers help, we can take care of the King’s tmrw.  Me, personally, I could care less about the BoA.  I’d rather see the Coilers booking tee times.

I think it's still possible for the Oilers to be eliminated by the Kings.  They have to win 7/8 games, one they can lose to us. And the Oilers have to go oh-for.  That would guarantee us and LA in the playoffs and Oilers playing golf after an epic fail.  Though I would hate to see it, it would be fun to watch the meltdown.

5 hours ago, Carty said:

As of last night., the odds for the Flames making the playoffs increased to 99.8%...

Using Pyro's projected 96 points needed for a wild card spot as a baseline, the percentage odds for the potential first round opponent are currently shaping up like this...

Please, please let it be Edmonton & if not maybe we can meet in the 2nd round.

My Edmonton hatred which was astronomical in the past has decreased to a simmer (Replaced by a gargantuan hatred of the repulsive Nuckers & their ilk).

I still wish them failure but they need to be competitive to give us epic BoA's which existed back in the dark ages.

Looking forward to the Tkachuk vs Pouty rematch:

Wah...that rookie elbowed my face and gave me an owwie. :(

He is a dirty player and as a rookie he has no right to treat me like that.

My seniority & Norris trophy should protect me from young whippersnappers like him.

Didn't his dad teach him anything about "The Code" :P

3 hours ago, Pyromancer said:

Please, please let it be Edmonton & if not maybe we can meet in the 2nd round.

I'd prefer as late as possible.

Maybe us or Edm can fall back and go eat the Central.

That past "weakest division" crap we used to have to tolerate seems to have quietly faded.

I care less who we face. New season.

Elliott vs. Crawford? Okay, I'll take those odds. Experience? LA used to have it, too.

I'm not afraid of any team tbh, we ARE playing everyone right now, and looking scary good on many occasions.

1st is still right there.

18 hours ago, travel_dude said:

If we happened to do that( 2x - Ducks, SJ and LA), it would put us at 102.  The Dicks could still finish above us by a (loser) point by winning out their other games.

SJ would be one behind us by winning out their remaining ones.  That would leave EDM with 99 points at mosy.  Appropriate.

That would be an interesting 1st round:

ANA vs EDM

CGY vs SJS

CHI vs STL

MIN vs NSH

How does the division crossover work? If we/SJ finishes 8th?

51 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

How does the division crossover work? If we/SJ finishes 8th?

Division crossover only occurs if team in conference with best record is in different division than lowest wildcard (8th).

OR

Both wildcards come from same division resulting in winner of other division playing one of the wildcards.

Against lowest wildcard (8th) if best conference record or against higher pt wildcard (7th) if not.

Don't get confused by this....:P

Playoff Format
16 teams will qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The format is a set bracket that is largely division-based with wild cards. The top three teams in each division will make up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference, based on regular-season record and regardless of division. It is possible for one division in each conference to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends just three. In the First Round, the division winner with the best record in each conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the lesser record; the wild card team with the better record will play the other division winner. The teams finishing second and third in each division will meet in the First Round within the bracket headed by their respective division winners. First-round winners within each bracket play one another in the Second Round to determine the four participants in the Conference Finals. Home-ice advantage through the first two rounds goes to the team that placed higher in the regular-season standings. In the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record -- regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions.

Archived