We are ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ a playoff bound team ̶?̶

CheersMan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Hakstol tried to get Samborski in net with 24 seconds left just so he could actually have NHL game time to think back on but the refs nixed it (& were roundly booed). The guy has now dressed for 2 NHL teams in a matter of months but has not 1 iota of playing time.

Just a strange happening I thought I'd share. :rolleyes:

Is there some rule that gives the refs that power? They already have enough god-mode with their seemingly random & arbitrary penalty calls.

FF52 - I see BOS just won officially eliminating PHI. My condolences. :(

2 hours ago, Pyromancer said:

Is there some rule that gives the refs that power? They already have enough god-mode with their seemingly random & arbitrary penalty calls.

FF52 - I see BOS just won officially eliminating PHI. My condolences. :(

Samborski was an emergerncy signing & could only play if Stolarz went down so there is a rule. But with 24 seconds left & Flyers leading 3-0 overlooking it to give him what would have been a high light in his life would have been nice. I doubt NJ would have complained & the zebras miss much bigger rule infractions.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Flyers stay with the playoff posibility as long as they did. We got a look @ part of the future in the meantime. Povorov I expected but Konecny was a revelation. I liked the pipeline developed for D but expected this kid to be a few years away.

1 bad contract left from Homer (MacDonald) & Hex has free reign. This year Ghost, hopefull Del Zotto & either Mason or his replacement need to be re-signed while the cap committed sits @ 60.5 for 17 players. A few ELs could be brought up but cap is still too tight to make a splash via trade or FA.

Philly has a truckload of picks in the 2017 draft. I wonder if LV could be bribed to take MacDonald & his 3 x $5 off our hands. Say this years 1st & a decent prospect. :rolleyes:

On 4/2/2017 at 0:40 AM, robrob74 said:

It sure is quiet in these here parts when we are doing well!

I guess fans really only like to complain! 

When 75% of posts are of the, "you are wrong and I am right" variety, I take it that it will take a week or two for everyone to realize, let's put our differences aside and let's cheer for the Flames together.

A massive blow to the winter Olympics not having the NHL participate. It was their biggest draw and its highly likely ratings will reach a low in 2018. Sucks for those players that never got the chance to compete for an Olympic medal as well. Well..business rules all in this case

Archived