Brad Treliving - GM Tracking & Evaluation

Flame111

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

What's with the link? It doesn't support your concussion-protocol argument. You're too friendly with the "if" word.

Dude. You are trying to drive a narrative that is nothing short of vindictive, imho. Bumping BT and Sutter threads confirm that.

I can't speak for everyone, but I, for one, prefer to live in the present and not run down people from the past.

What is your premise here? I'm struggling to see it as anything outside of a jilted ex-girlfriend.

Like, what are you doing?

Treliving gave it his best shot, some things worked, some didn't. It's that way for all GMs. They have a mandate that they work under.

Did Boston Pizza fire you? What gives?

Now you're on a player safety rant.

The more you do this Satoshi Nakamoto, the more I'm coming back. Quit the Blockchaining railroading. It's petty and generally full of the Satoshi Nakamoto that you're surmising as correct.

It's facepalm.

It just happened, it's safety, and it's not 1976.

👎👎

12 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

And you're ready to pounce, should it meet this petty agenda that you seem to have going on.

Like my petty CTE agenda always wanting players to not lose neurons competing at the highest level while they have brain inflammation.

Enforcers can't help Mathews now, man.  Most of them are dead.

16 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Like my petty CTE agenda always wanting players to not lose neurons competing at the highest level while they have brain inflammation.

Enforcers can't help Mathews now, man.  Most of them are dead.

If it were a different GM, would you be doing this? No. You wouldn't. But it's Treliving, so you're this whole, "player safety" guy.

If it were still Dubas you wouldn't give a flying Blockchain.

But it's Treliving. So it helps you grind that axe.

It's obvious.

"Yes, you're right. You've been right all along". Is that what you need? Go ahead and use it in every thread. Quote conundrumed.

It's not about CTE at all. You provided a link that points at food poisoning.

Man, get some fresh air. Go for a walk, it's spring and life is popping again. Enjoy life awakening.

I have a robin setting nest, yet again, over where I like a tv to sit on my patio. You little BTC. lol

She's, like, 8' away from us most days. I guess she likes the extra protection we offer, maybe she likes folk, classic rock and jazz, I don't know.

They make a mess, whatever, we don't care. We're kind of offended that they're afraid of us though, lol. Like, what more do you want, dummies?.

You're absorbed with grinding on BT. You'll put on any mask that helps.

Hockey is hardly all that life has to offer.

Why is it such a big deal to you to need to grind on him?

46 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

If it were a different GM, would you be doing this? No. You wouldn't. But it's Treliving, so you're this whole, "player safety" guy.

If it were still Dubas you wouldn't give a flying Blockchain.

But it's Treliving. So it helps you grind that axe.

It's obvious.

"Yes, you're right. You've been right all along". Is that what you need? Go ahead and use it in every thread. Quote conundrumed.

It's not about CTE at all. You provided a link that points at food poisoning.

Man, get some fresh air. Go for a walk, it's spring and life is popping again. Enjoy life awakening.

I have a robin setting nest, yet again, over where I like a tv to sit on my patio. You little BTC. lol

She's, like, 8' away from us most days. I guess she likes the extra protection we offer, maybe she likes folk, classic rock and jazz, I don't know.

They make a mess, whatever, we don't care. We're kind of offended that they're afraid of us though, lol. Like, what more do you want, dummies?.

You're absorbed with grinding on BT. You'll put on any mask that helps.

Hockey is hardly all that life has to offer.

Why is it such a big deal to you to need to grind on him?

You act like BT is the first thing/person I've complained about on here.

That, to me, is beyond a stretch.  It's flat out dishonest.

"It's not about CTE at all" is by a thousand-mile span the dumbest thing you've ever said on here, seconded by the last time you said something similar about CTE.

You are always right there when safety is brought up talking about how it's all too confusing to act on, and we really don't know, and everything would be better if we just had some guy punching people in the head.

You need to wake up, and anyone in hockey who thinks this needs to wake up.

20 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

You act like BT is the first thing/person I've complained about on here.

That, to me, is beyond a stretch.  It's flat out dishonest.

"It's not about CTE at all" is by a thousand-mile span the dumbest thing you've ever said on here, seconded by the last time you said something similar about CTE.

You are always right there when safety is brought up talking about how it's all too confusing to act on, and we really don't know, and everything would be better if we just had some guy punching people in the head.

You need to wake up, and anyone in hockey who thinks this needs to wake up.

You bumped a long-forgotten BT thread. Sutter, too.

Go get some fresh air. The wheels have come off. Point at me all that you want, just go outside and breathe, man.

You're all in a lather because I'm asking you to end the BT witch hunt. We're not interested in that Satoshi Nakamoto. It's only you, and you alone, that drags this garbage out of the cellar.

Nobody on this board is pulling up old threads and old quotes. Just you. Let that sink in.

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

You bumped a long-forgotten BT thread. Sutter, too.

Go get some fresh air. The wheels have come off. Point at me all that you want, just go outside and breathe, man.

You're all in a lather because I'm asking you to end the BT witch hunt. We're not interested in that Satoshi Nakamoto. It's only you, and you alone, that drags this garbage out of the cellar.

Nobody on this board is pulling up old threads and old quotes. Just you. Let that sink in.

if you're not interested in a thread I bumped, just ignore it.

Or you wanna fight about it, then fight about it.   But pick a lane.

• Like 1

I'm not too happy with the way the organization let one of our best clutch goal scorers to play through nearly crippling injuries, when trainers had to tie his skates. It's an "admiral trait?" For him to be the team's player, but at the same time, it did more long term damage to the organization than the immediate gains at the time. 

was it BT? Does he get blamed? Would Johnny still be here with Monahan? Would Tkachuk still be here if  Gaudreau stayed? Would Bennett have developed into the 2nd line center if he played up the line when Monahan was injured the many times? 

maybe JJ should be happy it turned out this way, if it didn't go this way, we'd still be mid pack mediocre, in one year and out the other... maybe it's a blessing?

I just hope the team sees it needs changes in the many ways it runs itself... develop, don't depend on one line, don't let the main stay to play when clearly is broken in many ways.... how many surgeries in one off season?

anyway, I think it's worth a discussion organizationally. We blame GM's because they're the main team builder figure, they get a lot of the blame or a lot of the praise when losing or winning. 

I didn't like BT in the end... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I'm not too happy with the way the organization let one of our best clutch goal scorers to play through nearly crippling injuries, when trainers had to tie his skates. It's an "admiral trait?" For him to be the team's player, but at the same time, it did more long term damage to the organization than the immediate gains at the time. 

was it BT? Does he get blamed? Would Johnny still be here with Monahan? Would Tkachuk still be here if  Gaudreau stayed? Would Bennett have developed into the 2nd line center if he played up the line when Monahan was injured the many times? 

maybe JJ should be happy it turned out this way, if it didn't go this way, we'd still be mid pack mediocre, in one year and out the other... maybe it's a blessing?

I just hope the team sees it needs changes in the many ways it runs itself... develop, don't depend on one line, don't let the main stay to play when clearly is broken in many ways.... how many surgeries in one off season?

anyway, I think it's worth a discussion organizationally. We blame GM's because they're the main team builder figure, they get a lot of the blame or a lot of the praise when losing or winning. 

I didn't like BT in the end... 

There is not liking the guy then there is generally letting a guy live rent free in your head for almost a decade.  To suggest BT is the one pulling all the strings with guys health is crazy, it is just par for the course for Looney Tunes though.  Pretty much common knowledge that BT had zero lineup influence over Sutter, and from every indication he never influenced any of the other coaches, I've even heard he was never a fan of how many of his coaches utilized Sam.  But what's done is done, can we just let this thread die already.

If someone wanted to advocate for more player safety in the NHL then they would not be bumping a Treliving thread to bash him while at the same time bumping a Sutter thread to praise him. 

If someone wanted to advocate for more player safety then they woudln't be taking the time to rage at people over 1 GM when the problem is significantly larger. Waste of time to point at 1 GM when all other do it too. 

It's not hard to see what the true angle is here. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

If someone wanted to advocate for more player safety in the NHL then they would not be bumping a Treliving thread to bash him while at the same time bumping a Sutter thread to praise him. 

If someone wanted to advocate for more player safety then they woudln't be taking the time to rage at people over 1 GM when the problem is significantly larger. Waste of time to point at 1 GM when all other do it too. 

I think Player Safety is a real issue. It's tough, as you have the Keslers and Monahan's who put themselves through so much. I get it is their choice...

plus hits to the head should be automatic and no room for subjective reasoning. or other kinds of suspensions. Attempted murder is still a penalized offence....

But that isn't a BT thread convo...

14 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I think Player Safety is a real issue. It's tough, as you have the Keslers and Monahan's who put themselves through so much. I get it is their choice...

plus hits to the head should be automatic and no room for subjective reasoning. or other kinds of suspensions. Attempted murder is still a penalized offence....

But that isn't a BT thread convo...

Agree on both counts

17 hours ago, cross16 said:

Next time there is a player safety issue, I'll create or bump a player safety thread.

But if I have to create one in here after 15 years, what does that tell you?

Maybe some people should grow up and stop making excuses every time player safety is brought up, maybe instead of attacking the character of the person bringing up the player safety, the safety itself should be discussed.

Oh it's the wrong format, it's the wrong bump, wrong topic, everyone's doing it so it's okay....I've heard it all.  This isn't my first time bringing up player safety, it's the billionth time.

If people are so sure that player safety is always off-topic, then I guess we will have to create a special thread for it so people don't get offended.   

But know that this would just be for the purpose of keeping things civil.    If this last incident turned into something legal, you better believe the courts would be "bumping" Treliving.    Same with Monahan, Bennett, and several other players we saw him do this with.   I met similar resistance bringing those up.     I can pretend it's off-topic if it makes people feel better, and I can create a thread in the future if we need one.

But I think it'll be quite difficult to keep GMs out of that thread, due to their role and the accountability that absolutely comes with that position.

p.s... you have a point with Sutter.  But for the record, I absolutely hated him as a GM.  And this was one of the reasons.   Sutter and Treliving combined was just flat out dangerous.

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

Next time there is a player safety issue, I'll create or bump a player safety thread.

But if I have to create one in here after 15 years, what does that tell you?

Maybe some people should grow up and stop making excuses every time player safety is brought up, maybe instead of attacking the character of the person bringing up the player safety, the safety itself should be discussed.

Oh it's the wrong format, it's the wrong bump, wrong topic, everyone's doing it so it's okay....I've heard it all.  This isn't my first time bringing up player safety, it's the billionth time.

If people are so sure that player safety is always off-topic, then I guess we will have to create a special thread for it so people don't get offended.   

But know that this would just be for the purpose of keeping things civil.    If this last incident turned into something legal, you better believe the courts would be "bumping" Treliving.    Same with Monahan, Bennett, and several other players we saw him do this with.   I met similar resistance bringing those up.     I can pretend it's off-topic if it makes people feel better, and I can create a thread in the future if we need one.

But I think it'll be quite difficult to keep GMs out of that thread, due to their role and the accountability that absolutely comes with that position.

p.s... you have a point with Sutter.  But for the record, I absolutely hated him as a GM.  And this was one of the reasons.   Sutter and Treliving combined was just flat out dangerous.

If you want to discuss player safety than do so. I'm here for that discussion and would likely agree with you on much of it and have.

But when you attack an individual, and one you've attacked in a multitude of ways, and try to pass it off as player safety it calls the motive into question. This is the 3 or 4th time you've bumped this thread with something negative to say about Treliving and it's not always been about player safety.

We get it you dislike Treliving. Tying that into almost all the points you try to make around here it what takes away from the actual debate, not people wanting to discuss the issue. I've had plenty of good chats around here on player safety because they were actually presented as such. Yours just feels like axe grinding. 

39 minutes ago, cross16 said:

If you want to discuss player safety than do so. I'm here for that discussion and would likely agree with you on much of it and have.

But when you attack an individual, and one you've attacked in a multitude of ways, and try to pass it off as player safety it calls the motive into question. This is the 3 or 4th time you've bumped this thread with something negative to say about Treliving and it's not always been about player safety.

We get it you dislike Treliving. Tying that into almost all the points you try to make around here it what takes away from the actual debate, not people wanting to discuss the issue. I've had plenty of good chats around here on player safety because they were actually presented as such. Yours just feels like axe grinding. 

It is the position,  not the individual. 

I think it is the right position to be accountable.

I can tell you one thing,  we won't see progress on safety or performance or drafting if nobody is accountable.    But I can deal with this differently next time.    

Perhaps we can just retire this version of the BT thread.

We don't still talk about Feaster, who started the issues or Burke that was a big part.

GM's not related to CGY are in the NHL thread.

We don't have a Dubas or Holland thread there, just the general NHL GM one.

No reason to have this one kept going.  IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

https://dailyhive.com/calgary/coleman-gaudreau-extend-flames

it is hard not to come back to BT as the state of the team is a result of his interactions with the players he was managing. 

Coleman let the podcast he was chatting with know that Johnny wanted to extend the year prior. Maybe having a bad year he wanted more than what BT should have signed him for based on the down years, and it still just sounds like Johnny was a bit pissy that an extension didn't happen the year before signing in Columbus. 

i get Coleman's frustration as he signed long term thinking the team would compete for cups for awhile. Just like signing as a uFA with a team is a gamble in that they will remain competitive, so too is gambling on JG re-signing with the team and BT giving him the year to prove he's worth what he was asking. But I think Johnny felt a bit dissed. He felt (my opinion), dissed in the previous negotiations as well, so there is that. A couple of hard balls by BT changed the outlook of the team. 

I get many don't wanna hear about bashing BT anymore, but the truth is, everything depends on everything else and we are in this situation because of decisions made during his tenure. Until Conroy puts his mark on the team and has finished pissing in every corner of the saddledome, then we will bring up BT sometimes.

Hell, many of us still reference the Gilmore trade lol.