Brad Treliving - GM Tracking & Evaluation

Flame111

12 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Feels like chicken and the egg though.  You didn't draft a RHS RW so you reach in UFA to sign Troy Brouwer.  That didn't work out so you reach in UFA again for James Neal.  That was disastrous so you sign a LW Coleman and throw him over to RW.

Coronato was a bit of a reach in his draft.  Ranked 15ish at the time.  But if you don't reach in the draft for RHS RW, then you reach in UFA.

So you target RS then what happens when you need a LW or a D? Coronato also wasn't a reach at all and Coleman played RW in Tampa. 

Point is, if you are not afforded patience to build through the draft then you need to add key pieces via UFA. That alone is going to lead to pricey contracts and then when you add in the fact your going to have to pay more to key players to Calgary you have your results we've seen here. Drafting more RS wouldn't have changed that. 

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Maybe we can shut this sucka down, since he's not the GM here.

maybe!!! Can you move it to the general NHL section?

then we can be in awe with the way in which BT sees GM-ing, similar to the way I did in NHL '94! Without the reigns being pulled back he is quite the juggler... maybe he has a vision?

Anyone else think that he's looking to move Brody, possibly retaining 25%, to get cap compliant? Again, the Murray LTIR is yet another compounding stain on this #@%#ing league.

But do they mot have to be cap compliant WITH Murray on Day 1? He wasn't on the IR to end last year, last I remember it only carries over if that is the case. Some day I'll ask google.lol

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Anyone else think that he's looking to move Brody, possibly retaining 25%, to get cap compliant? Again, the Murray LTIR is yet another compounding stain on this #@%#ing league.

But do they mot have to be cap compliant WITH Murray on Day 1? He wasn't on the IR to end last year, last I remember it only carries over if that is the case. Some day I'll ask google.lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=nyone+else+think+that+he's+looking+to+move+Brody%2C+possibly+retaining+25%%2C+to+get+cap+compliant%3F+Again%2C+the+Murray+LTIR+is+yet+another+compounding+stain+on+this+%23%40%%23ing+league. But+do+they+mot+have+to+be+cap+compliant+WITH+Murray+on+Day+1%3F+&sca_esv=555458272&sxsrf=AB5stBj54LseEQ1t9EkF_x1mxSaHuRzMYQ%3A1691677005723&source=hp&ei=TfHUZPScKZrw0PEPzO2J4Ak&iflsig=AD69kcEAAAAAZNT_XbSaSBWJIT1jp_hbvFQJMB63QjPr&ved=0ahUKEwi09_33o9KAAxUaODQIHcx2ApwQ4dUDCAw&uact=5&oq=nyone+else+think+that+he's+looking+to+move+Brody%2C+possibly+retaining+25%%2C+to+get+cap+compliant%3F+Again%2C+the+Murray+LTIR+is+yet+another+compounding+stain+on+this+%23%40%%23ing+league. But+do+they+mot+have+to+be+cap+compliant+WITH+Murray+on+Day+1%3F+&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IvABbnlvbmUgZWxzZSB0aGluayB0aGF0IGhlJ3MgbG9va2luZyB0byBtb3ZlIEJyb2R5LCBwb3NzaWJseSByZXRhaW5pbmcgMjUlLCB0byBnZXQgY2FwIGNvbXBsaWFudD8gQWdhaW4sIHRoZSBNdXJyYXkgTFRJUiBpcyB5ZXQgYW5vdGhlciBjb21wb3VuZGluZyBzdGFpbiBvbiB0aGlzICNAJSNpbmcgbGVhZ3VlLgoKQnV0IGRvIHRoZXkgbW90IGhhdmUgdG8gYmUgY2FwIGNvbXBsaWFudCBXSVRIIE11cnJheSBvbiBEYXkgMT8gSABQAFgAcAB4AJABAJgBAKABAKoBALgBA8gBAPgBAvgBAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

huh

that actually worked.

https://puckinleafs.ca/no-a-move-isnt-necessary-to-become-cap-compliant/

google is scary

I think BT will stay under the cap for now, he can do math.     but he can't do risk management.  he's left zero room for error.    in hockey.