Brad Treliving - GM Tracking & Evaluation

Flame111

All I'm saying in a whole is BT does bizarre things. He signs Hamilton the day after acquiring him. There was no rush to sign him he was an RFA as well.Then makes JG and SM wait it out until he gets to them. He gave Hamilton 6.5 mil with no problem. Hamilton had one good year.

All I'm saying in a whole is BT does bizarre things. He signs Hamilton the day after acquiring him. There was no rush to sign him he was an RFA as well.Then makes JG and SM wait it out until he gets to them. He gave Hamilton 6.5 mil with no problem. Hamilton had one good year.

5.5 mill actually and there was a rush. Hamilton was offer sheet eligible within a week of acquiring him to that was his deadline. Gaudreau isn't offer sheet eligible at all, and Monahan isn't until July 1 (around there I'm not sure what the exact start date is).

• Like 1

We needed a goalie this season and BT knew that we all did. Why he didn't act on that who knows. We could of made the playoffs with a goalie. Probably was hoping to tank for Matthews even though we had Monahan!! Why else wouldn't he have gotten a goalie?

Are you going to be upset when he signs Johnny to 8 years @ $7m+ ??  Or when he drafts the player you didn't want?  Or makes a trade you don't like?

We needed a goalie this season and BT knew that we all did. Why he didn't act on that who knows. We could of made the playoffs with a goalie. Probably was hoping to tank for Matthews even though we had Monahan!! Why else wouldn't he have gotten a goalie?

When you assume, you make an a** of you and me.

That's a reasonable argument (besides the tanking part).  However, the team did make the playoffs with the exact same goalies the previous year.  How was Treliving to know that Hiller would mail it in, Ramo would get injured and all of them would start slowly?  In addition, there were a few reports that Treliving was trying to acquire a goalie but the prices were too steep.  Because of the likely expansion draft and some other factors, this is the season that Treliving should be able to get a decent goalie without overpaying.

We dont know hes making them wait. Hes good at not negotiating in the media. We dont know what talks theyve had, what level theyre at. They could announce deals tomorrow for all we know. Hes on record as working night and day in Russia.who knows what he was working on. Im sure its a priority cuz he needs those numbers before he can sign others or even kniw what his goalie options are.

We dont know hes making them wait. Hes good at not negotiating in the media. We dont know what talks theyve had, what level theyre at. They could announce deals tomorrow for all we know. Hes on record as working night and day in Russia.who knows what he was working on. Im sure its a priority cuz he needs those numbers before he can sign others or even kniw what his goalie options are.

I think someone is impatient .

• Like 1

Treliving is a tireless worker and I respect that. He's suppose to be Mr super scout and an eye towards the feel for his team. I don't know anymore then anyone else. How could you let your team sink to the, bottom when the offence was potent enough to compete with the big boys. Then throw Hartley under the bus when it was BT fault for not getting them a goalie? BT has made a lot of mistakes in a short amount of time. More negative decisions then positive ones. I mean Hartley won the Jack Adams. No continuity in Canadian cities.

BT says Hartley took the team as far as he could and it's time for a change. BT fired a coach that won the Jack Adams with a young team that says a lot!! Hartley had the team scoring goals with the tops in the league. I guess will see how the team plays under a new coach. We had a Stanley cup winning coach. Now we're faced with most likely a rookie coach.

BT says Hartley took the team as far as he could and it's time for a change. BT fired a coach that won the Jack Adams with a young team that says a lot!! Hartley had the team scoring goals with the tops in the league. I guess will see how the team plays under a new coach. We had a Stanley cup winning coach. Now we're faced with most likely a rookie coach.

I'm not really a fan of the Hartley firing, but I will say that he got away from what made him a Jack Adams winner. He got away from always earned. He made some strange player usage choices and seemed pretty infatuated with Hiller. He couldn't adapt to other teams defense of our D breakout. He wasn't able to design a system ahead of the curve like he did that JA year. He was less willing to give the young'ens a chance, which was what helped us elevate our play to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

BT made an excuse to fire Hartley because Hartley wasn't his choice. All BT said was its time for a change with no elaboration on why. If BT would of acquired a goalie Flames would of made the playoffs. BT let his team sink for what ever the reason and Hartley took the fall.

Treliving is a tireless worker and I respect that. He's suppose to be Mr super scout and an eye towards the feel for his team. I don't know anymore then anyone else. How could you let your team sink to the, bottom when the offence was potent enough to compete with the big boys. Then throw Hartley under the bus when it was BT fault for not getting them a goalie? BT has made a lot of mistakes in a short amount of time. More negative decisions then positive ones. I mean Hartley won the Jack Adams. No continuity in Canadian cities.

I think those are fair things to say.

For balance though, with the BB hire, I hoped we were moving away from Feaster and Weisbrod to mgmt being more relevant to hockey.

I believe we've done that with BT and the guys he's surrounding himself with. I believe the BH firing was more a GM wanting his vision, regardless of the quotable's.

BT has a fairly clean canvas now, outside of lingering contracts.

I'm dying to see what he paints, as we all are.

We've gotta give him the leeway.

BT gives Ramo a one year deal then Ramo is sent to the minors. You're the GM take responsibility for your actions! BT let the team sink.

Flames had a shot at the playoffs and he probably didn't want to give up the first rounder for an established veteran goalie. If you don't have a goalie you got jack which was evident.

Kane and Towes were up for new contracts and bowman got it done quickly. Our best players are waiting on BT to get it done and BT doesn't seem to think that it's an urgent matter. Out of anything towards BT that irks me the most is sign your best players now and quit waiting to get to them. Hes had 2 months to get it done. Throws money at useless players then makes his best players wait. I don't get it.

Kane and Towes were up for new contracts and bowman got it done quickly. Our best players are waiting on BT to get it done and BT doesn't seem to think that it's an urgent matter. Out of anything towards BT that irks me the most is sign your best players now and quit waiting to get to them. Hes had 2 months to get it done. Throws money at useless players then makes his best players wait. I don't get it.

Which they signed in JULY of 2014.. so by your desire that means BT has almost a month and a half.. they also weren't coming off of Entry level deals.

BT has a history of getting great value on resigning players (hamilton , GIO, etc)   so until I see otherwise, I have faith things are going as they should

BT gives Ramo a one year deal then Ramo is sent to the minors. You're the GM take responsibility for your actions! BT let the team sink.

Flames had a shot at the playoffs and he probably didn't want to give up the first rounder for an established veteran goalie. If you don't have a goalie you got jack which was evident.

Stop posting angry.

It's annoying.

Carty, find a happy place, lol.

Moderators, who is this new irock19?  I note his posts is frozen at 79........

BT made an excuse to fire Hartley because Hartley wasn't his choice. All BT said was its time for a change with no elaboration on why.

Treliving could have said a lot of things, the play in the D zone was bottom of the barrel amateur hour strategy for most of the season, so were the special teams, and Hartley failed to adapt once teams started to take advantage of readily apparent flaws in the system...    He could said a number of things but rightfully chose not to...  

If BT would of acquired a goalie Flames would of made the playoffs

They very well might have squeaked into the playoffs with better goaltending, but unless Hartley made some major changes to his strategy and player utilization (that he had all season to do and didn`t), I don`t think the Flames would have got out of the first round anyway...   Treliving now has to find both a good goalie and a coach that produce better results for the upcoming season, or he will  be digging a hole he might not get out of...

BT let his team sink for what ever the reason and Hartley took the fall.

Hartley was the coach, not Treliving...   Treliving is under more pressure now, but Hartley dug his own grave...

Here are some things Burke has supposedly said.....

Calgary Flames President of Hockey Operations Brian Burke says that forward Brandon Bollig will play more next season no matter who the new coach is.

Other #Flames news: Burke said Bruce Boudreau was NEVER considered for the head coaching vacancy.

At the #Flames STH info session "I'm not paying joe colborne 3.6M - based on his arbitration case"

Also, Burke digs Kylington. Said he's got ice in his veins and ran the PP in Stockton - as an 18yr old. He's a keeper and will play #Flames

I don't know how much of this is fact.  Sometimes Twitter is annoying in that people tweet things that are not fact.  The Bollig statement irks me if true.  I don't care if you are POHO, you aren't the coach and you aren't the GM.

Here are some things Burke has supposedly said.....

Calgary Flames President of Hockey Operations Brian Burke says that forward Brandon Bollig will play more next season no matter who the new coach is.

Other #Flames news: Burke said Bruce Boudreau was NEVER considered for the head coaching vacancy.

At the #Flames STH info session "I'm not paying joe colborne 3.6M - based on his arbitration case"

Also, Burke digs Kylington. Said he's got ice in his veins and ran the PP in Stockton - as an 18yr old. He's a keeper and will play #Flames

I don't know how much of this is fact.  Sometimes Twitter is annoying in that people tweet things that are not fact.  The Bollig statement irks me if true.  I don't care if you are POHO, you aren't the coach and you aren't the GM.

Bollig: NO!!!!!

I like Kylington as a prospect. I think he has a lot of potential but is very raw, which is why he should stay in Stockton to get some more refinement. I hope BB doesn't want him playing with the big club now (outside of preseason or final game callup).

I don't agree on the Bollig or Ferland comments that Burke supposedly made. (He apparently said Ferland should play bottom six to focus on his physical play). That is a coaching decision not a President decision. It is also a decision that should be made after camp. What if Ferland show top six potential and earns a shot? What of a kid like Hathaway outplays Bollig in camp?

Plus, Bollig doesn't have the NHL skill set to lay well in today's game and the Flames should be looking for better options.

That all said, it's here say written in a short tweet and it comes form a season ticket holder event. I will worry about it if it becomes something to worry about.

I don't agree on the Bollig or Ferland comments that Burke supposedly made. (He apparently said Ferland should play bottom six to focus on his physical play). That is a coaching decision not a President decision. It is also a decision that should be made after camp. What if Ferland show top six potential and earns a shot? What of a kid like Hathaway outplays Bollig in camp?

Plus, Bollig doesn't have the NHL skill set to lay well in today's game and the Flames should be looking for better options.

That all said, it's here say written in a short tweet and it comes form a season ticket holder event. I will worry about it if it becomes something to worry about.

Looking at this maybe we are all over thinking how LW will look next season.

Gaudreau

Bouma

Ferland

Bollig

There ya go.

Bollig: NO!!!!!

I like Kylington as a prospect. I think he has a lot of potential but is very raw, which is why he should stay in Stockton to get some more refinement. I hope BB doesn't want him playing with the big club now (outside of preseason or final game callup).

Stranger things have happened. Its not uncommon for forgotten players to suddenly appear and come to life under a new coach.

NOT predicting this,*** for all we know Mason Raymond could become a productive player next year.

I personally dont think Bollig has any surprises in him, if I had to predict, I think Engelland will become the surprise next year

The source of the tweets are troubling.  I'm not sure why this wasn't picked up by anyone in the (real) media.  The only other reference to these comments were HB, but all they did was repeat the same source.  

None of it makes much sense.  It only supports BB's opinion of a "black and blue" team.  It doesn't support any of BT's desires of being a possession or better special teams team.