Brad Treliving - GM Tracking & Evaluation

Flame111

It should also be noted that a 3 goalie system is not the Kiss of death.. NYI did pretty good with it this year , all 3 goalies had pretty reasonable stats.

Yes, Halak is on record as saying he hated it, but it still functioned without their goalies tanking .

yes, Berube only had a handful of starts

so it comes back to , something else failed that scenario.. likely how they were used

I didn't like it but o agree it's a convenient excuse in hindsight. I don't agree it lead to the goalies struggling and if it did I think that's more on ththe goalies than the organization. A goalie has a job to do, stop the puck. Having 2 or 10 goalies on the roster shouldn't give you an excuse for playing poorly.

MLB pitcher David Price always says his best "if you don't like, pitch better". If Ortio, Ramo and hiller played better it would have benn a non issue

Mr Treliving is getting to me now. Why is Gaudreau and Monahan not signed yet? He easily gives money away to Useless Derek England. Is he playing hard ball with a crucial part of the teams core? Trying to save the club 50,000 dollars? He let Troy Ward go for Huska and the farm team has taken a step back, maybe two steps.Ward did a good job at the Ahl level. Not sure I trust his judgment on a new coach. I'm sure he will hire a rookie head coach that will stunt the teams growth. Hired a rookie to guide the farm team and the players stagnated.

Mr Treliving is getting to me now. Why is Gaudreau and Monahan not signed yet? He easily gives money away to Useless Derek England. Is he playing hard ball with a crucial part of the teams core? Trying to save the club 50,000 dollars? He let Troy Ward go for Huskasa I'm sure I misspelled his name. Ward did a good job at the Ahl level. Not sure I trust his judgment on a new coach. He's a tireless worker though I will give Treliving that.

BT not an issue, but frustrating waiting after season's end and no Flames news for weeks.

• Like 1

I know it's been slow. He's a smart guy but give market value to your top guys. Here's the figure and the contract shouldn't be hard to get Johnny and Sean signed.

Burke will stick his nose in and tell BT to sign Reimer and easily give him 7 mil. But play hard ball with Johnny and Sean's agent. Just assuming of course.

There is zero reason for Treliving to rush signing Gaudreau or Monahan. Neither have arbitration rights. These are going to be big contracts. Spending the time to get it right is the smart play. Plus he just got back from world's.

As for Burke / Reimer, that's just silly. Treliving may sign Reimer (though I doubt it), but it won't be for 7 million and it won't be because Burke insisted.

I know it's been slow. He's a smart guy but give market value to your top guys. Here's the figure and the contract shouldn't be hard to get Johnny and Sean signed.

Burke will stick his nose in and tell BT to sign Reimer and easily give him 7 mil. But play hard ball with Johnny and Sean's agent. Just assuming of course.

Lots of tin foil thinking there.... Time for a break.

Why do most teams lock up there core players before there entry level deals run out then? I know there is zero leverage for Johnny and, Sean but it's kind of bizarre the way BT negotiates. Reimer comment was out of frustration!!

Why the frustration though? Treliving has done a great job locking up his core to reasonable deals. I have heard zero reports that Monahan or Gaudreau are frustrated by the negotiations. From all accounts everybody is happy to take the time necessary to get this done right.

This is a really important contract with the first one done setting the tone for the other and also for future contracts like Bennett. Why the rush?

Why do most teams lock up there core players before there entry level deals run out then? I know there is zero leverage for Johnny and, Sean but it's kind of bizarre the way BT negotiates. Reimer comment was out of frustration!!

One thing clear with BT's (recent) signings, is they are all pretty good deals, better than people have anticipated.  There is a lot on the plate.  Hopefully news will start coming out soon.

In my view show your commitment to your star core. Then hire your new coach. They both should of been signed in March.

Your welcome to your view. But without valid reasons it is entirely arbitrary. Some contracts get done right away. Others take time. It doest sound like either camp was in a hurry to get this done. Spending too much money just to have it done by an arbitrary date doesn't make any sense.

Gaudreau and Monahan would not publicly state frustration. I'm sure their not worried at all. I would of gave them extensions in March to show them the teams commitment.

Giving then a max term contract in June shows just as much commitment as giving them one in March. Your worried over nothing.

I know what your saying. It's not like we're going to lose both players by a specific date if they're not signed. BT is going to have to give JG nothing less then 7 mil. SM maybe the same. Both players have set the bar for their salaries so it's not in arbitrary number. Season has been over two months for the Flames. Something should of been done by now to lock up 2/3 of the first line.

BT inherited this team he didn't draft any of the current starting line up except Bennet which was a no brainer.So I'm not sure why every one trusts him so much. He screwed the farm team with his coaching change. What was Stockton a last place team? Then he takes his sweet time locking up his two best players because he can?

I know what your saying. It's not like we're going to lose both players by a specific date if they're not signed. BT is going to have to give JG nothing less then 7 mil. SM maybe the same. Both players have set the bar for their salaries so it's not in arbitrary number. Season has been over two months for the Flames. Something should of been done by now to lock up 2/3 of the first line.

Why? Because you say so?  There are around 250 pending RFAs out there right now.  Many of them high profile players.  The date is arbitrary because you made it up as a deadline and are getting all bent out of shape because it hasn't been met.

Name one thing BT has done in two years to upgrade this team?

The trade for Dougie Hamilton, and then signing him to less than everyone believed possible...

Signing Giordano to an extremely fair contract...

Trading David Jones...

It hasn't all been the best, but he's the first Flames GM that I've had any trust in since Fletcher. Personally, I'd say give the guy a chance to do his job. He'll get those deals done, and hopefully he can have a great off-season.

Love.

Dislike BT. He makes ridiculous decisions. What did Frolik and England and Ramo do. Flames finished the year in top 7 in goals for. We needed a goalie to make the playoffs and he didn't deliver. Let his team down by not supporting them to succeed.

Signed Hamilton to a long term deal immediately after acquiring him. But takes his time with Gaudreau and Monahan?

Ya because he got the Ahl coaching decision right? He said he needs a coach to take the players to the next level then he will hire a rookie or an assistant coach.

Signed Hamilton to a long term deal immediately after acquiring him. But takes his time with Gaudreau and Monahan?

Ya because he got the Ahl coaching decision right? He said he needs a coach to take the players to the next level then he will hire a rookie or an assistant coach.

Rather than coming to a conclusion by reading between the lines I'd suggest that most of the answers can be found in the lines themselves.

BT inherited this team he didn't draft any of the current starting line up except Bennet which was a no brainer.So I'm not sure why every one trusts him so much. He screwed the farm team with his coaching change. What was Stockton a last place team? Then he takes his sweet time locking up his two best players because he can?

Ward was such a good coach that he was fired by a WHL team mid season afterwards.  The farm team transitioned away from career AHL players to younger prospects.  You want immediate results?  We don't have many prospects playing on the farm that would be considered top prospects.  Bennett, Shinkaruk and Poirier would be the top ones right now.  Gillies missed the entire season and Ortio didn't play lights out while there.  

What are you bellyaching about?  Not signing two players identified as core player before they even become RFA's?  We all get that you don't like BT.  But, you can't even acknowledge anything positive done by him.  Haters gotta hate.  

Big difference.  Hamilton was subject to an OS, so needed to be locked up.  Why trade for a player then let his contract sit for weeks?  

Some of the best or most successful coaches in the NHL came from being an assistant elsewhere or had built a winning organization.  What do you want?  A coach that failed somewhere else so he's available?  An old-school coach that can't coach young players? 

• Like 1