Adirondack Flames Updates [2014-15]

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FLAMES EARN FIRST POINT - adirondackflames.com

Flames fall to Phantoms but get a point - poststar.com

Lehigh Valley Phantoms (2-0-0-0) vs Adirondack Flames (0-3-1-0) @ 05:00 PM MDT [October 18, 2014]

Listen Live (For the addicts)

Twitter Feed (RT game updates) - twitter.com/AHLFlames - This is a very active RT twitter feed. Sate your addiction.

Four games into the AHL season & the media headlines refer to the 1 point. :rolleyes:

There are 12 roster members whom have yet to record their 1st; including many fan faves.

I think the message is loud & clear - Start that home cooking tonight & serve us a feast containing 2 pts.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms 2 (2-1-0-0) vs Adirondack Flames 4 (1-3-1-0)

1. ADK Ferland, (2) (Stevenson, Yonkman), 6:51

1. ADK Granlund, (1) (Wotherspoon), 10:29 (PP)

1. LV Laughton, (3) (Lauridsen), 15:30 (SH)

2. LV Laughton, (4) (Leier), 19:46

3. ADK Granlund, (2) (Stevenson, Ferland), 16:32

3. ADK Stevenson, (2) , 19:19 (EN/PP)

Complete Boxscore

Adirondack finally gets in the win column and hopefully will find a way to win many more.

They let the Phantoms back in it but finally found a way to put it away at the end.

Granlund is looking to be a keeper. Next game Wednesday against the Utica Comets on the road.

Three or four days to properly right the ship, work on systems, and find that on-ice chemistry; for all 200 feet!

FLAMES 4 PHANTOMS 2 - adirondackflames.com

Adirondack Flames top Lehigh Valley Phantoms for first win - poststar.com

David Wolf adjusting to North American game - poststar.com

Dustin Stevenson stretching his offensive muscles - poststar.com

New Team In Town - Adirondack Flames Season Preview - 14-10-11 - poststar.com

Just found this newspaper / on-line PDF insert regarding the Adirondack Flames.

It includes several player & coaching staff articles, player bios, arena layout & details of new Flames renos.

Also included is a bit of history of past Glens Falls teams and some AHL background about other teams.

An informative read if your interest reaches down to our junior squad.

[Recommend using button to open insert in it's own PDF-browser window]

Adirondack Flames 0 (1-4-1-0) vs Utica Comets 3 (3-1-1-0)

1. UTI Shinkaruk, (1) (Jeffrey, Ehrhardt), 17:13 (PP)

3. UTI Jensen, (1) (O'Reilly, Jones), 1:16

3. UTI DeFazio, (2) , 15:16 (SH)

Complete Boxscore

FLAMES 0 COMETS 3 - adirondackflames.com

FINAL: Comets 3 vs. Flames 0 - uticacomets.com

Adirondack Flames shut out for first time - poststar.com

After their 1st win & a 4 day layoff, the Adirondack Flames ended up shooting blanks against the Utica Comets [Canucks].

Adirondack now travels to Rochester (3-1-0-0) to take on the Americans, the Buffalo Sabres affiliate, on Friday.

Let's hope they start finding their offensive acumen in the next few games.

Adirondack Flames (1-4-1-0) vs Rochester Americans (3-1-0-0) @ 05:05 PM MDT [Friday, October 24, 2014]

Twitter Feed (RT game updates) - twitter.com/AHLFlames - This is a very active RT twitter feed. Sate your addiction.

AMERKS BEGIN HOME-AND-HOME SERIES TONIGHT WITH ADIRONDACK - amerks.com

Time for Adirondack to try to emulate Calgary's offensive performance enroute to their 5-0 win over the Hurricanes.
Sven Baertschi and Max Reinhart are still pointless 6 games in.....Never Earned - Definitely Never Given.
Rematch tomorrow night in Glens Falls.

Adirondack Flames shocked, disturbed by Ottawa shooting- poststar.com

With his off-season shoulder surgery, he was expected to rehab until November.

I have seen no recent news as to his progress.

Yeah last I heard he was ahead of schedule, was looking forward to seeing how he does this season after such a great previous one. 

Yeah last I heard he was ahead of schedule, was looking forward to seeing how he does this season after such a great previous one.

At the end of training camp, he was supposed to be evaluated by his surgeon in Montreal (Sept.30?). There was no report from the Flames after that, not have I seen any tweets to the effect. 

Adirondack Flames 1 (1-5-1-0) vs Rochester Americans 4 (4-1-0-0)

1. ADK Granlund, (3) (Ferland, Wotherspoon), 2:50 (PP)

1. RCH Varone, (3) (Dalpe, Ruhwedel), 12:38 (PP)

1. RCH Grigorenko, (3) (Armia, Pysyk), 13:11

3. RCH Armia, (2) (Grigorenko), 10:14

3. RCH Larsson, (2) (McCabe, Schaller), 18:14 (EN)

Complete Boxscore

After opening the game with a PP goal early, the offense sputtered the rest of the game despite 35 SOG.

I know there are a lot of new players but I sure didn't expect them to struggle this early in the season.

Chance for revenge tomorrow night back in Glens Falls.

Go Adirondack Go

Are the Sabre prospects with the Amerks that much better than the Flames in Adirondack?

Rebuilding Buffalo Sabres boast deep, talented group of prospects - hockeysfuture.com

Calgary Flames prospect pool deepest in recent memory - hockeysfuture.com

I can't help but wonder where the team would be had Troy Ward stayed with the team

As much as I like Troy Ward as a head coach you can stop wondering if he likely would have made a difference here:

Troy Ward's present record as coach of the Vancouver Giants is....... only .500 and last place in their division

4464db7cb0343b78c59b750301e64a43.png

The Fames are currently the worst team in the AHL.

One win in 7 games.

Most goals against.

Most penalized team, by a long shot.

David Wolf has 0 PIM

Only 2 forwards with more than 1 pt.

Baert is -8

O pts for Baert, Reinhart, Arnold, Van Brabant plus others

Are we having a big sulk fest down there or what? Do they all think they should be in the NHL? Presently Granlund is the only guy you dare call up if req'd. I think it's time for Burkie to make a trip to kick some checking from behind including the coaches.

I think people have overrated Adirondack. Last year, the heat were a good team more because they got stellar goaltending and not really because that team is loaded with talent. Outside of Granlund where is he skill? Adirondack this year is full of big, slower, forwards like Wold, Van Brabant, hanowski, Gilles, Hathaway for example. Even at centre you've got Arnold and knight and neither of then i would call skilled. So they need to rely on good goaltending and they are not getting it.

Not time to panic either because your seeing slow starts from Ortio and Baertschi and if those two got going I think they will be fine but I don't hink the team down ther is really all that good either.

Rochester Americans (4-1-0-0) vs Adirondack Flames (1-5-1-0) vs  @ 05:00 PM MDT [saturday, October 25, 2014]

Adirondack Flames remain winless on road - poststar.com

AMERKS MEET FLAMES AGAIN AS HOME-AND-HOME SERIES SHIFTS TO GLEN FALLS - www.amerks.com

I just thought the way the players would come up and slot into the lineup seamlessly was due to Ward. I'm not trying to insinuate that this all the coach's fault. i guess i'm just trying to say if its not broke don't fix it 

I hear you. The split from the Flames was a mutual thing according to Ward on his interview.

I don't think it matters too much. Last year Hartley went to Abby and they set up similar systems with Ward. they did the same thing this year with the new coach. The reasoning is that players called up can more easily fit the Flames system when the farm is playing the same systems and giving the same responsibilities to everyone.

Not to take any spotlight away from Granlund's play but Ferland is on a tear just like he was before his injury and is actually 2 points ahead of Granlund at this moment. They were a dominate line last year and I just wish JH was playing with them, I don't care if its the AHL or NHL.

I guess it depends what role the flames need filled when the time comes to see which of the two gets the call up.

Rochester Americans 3 (4-2-0-0) vs Adirondack Flames 7 (2-5-1-0)

1. ADK Hathaway, (1) (Culkin, Baertschi), 18:20 (PP)

2. RCH Larsson, (3) (Schaller, Adam), 4:14

2. ADK Tousignant, (1) (Van Brabant), 4:51

2. ADK Van Brabant, (1) (Ferland), 8:12

2. ADK Wotherspoon, (1) (Reinhart, Ramage), 10:49 (PP)

2. ADK Ferland, (3) (Culkin, Wotherspoon), 11:30

2. RCH Ruhwedel, (2) (Larsson, Adam), 12:18 (PP)

3. ADK Agostino, (2) (Arnold, Ferland), 3:41

3. ADK Culkin, (1) , 7:22 (PP)

3. RCH Dalpe, (2) (Schaller, Larsson), 8:16

Complete Boxscore

FLAMES 7 AMERICANS 3 - adirondackflames.com
AMERKS FALL TO FLAMES, 7-3, TO CLOSE OUT WEEKEND HOME-AND-HOME SERIES - amerks.com

Rookies lead the way for Flames - poststar.com

The kind of offensive outburst we have been waiting for with 7 goals on 41 shots - 5 players scored their 1st.

Hoping to see more of the same in games ahead with contributions by several scoreless key players.

Next game Wednesday at home against the San Antonio Rampage (Florida Panthers).

Start of Flames era has Glens Falls buzzing - theahl.com

Archived