s4xon

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

Where did I blame Rittich? 

I think in this case the stats match the eye test, he's not as sharp these last couple of weeks as he was early. Maybe it has nothing to do with his workload but I'ts something i'm personally monitoring. He hasn't really been a starter in 3 years so handing over a starter workload is something i've been concerned about for a while. 

He has to fix these over the shoulder holes, big weakness in his game.

49 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

He has to fix these over the shoulder holes, big weakness in his game.

Hard to fault him on the Eichel goals.

My issue with him is he's starting to have Smith bad habits that Smith doesn't get caught so much on.

Play your own game and style, like you did earlier, and you will be fine kid.

He's one of the best goalies I have seen in breakaways.

Not so much in penalty shots and SO.

Strange, but he is better control when he's seeing the whole game, not a single player in a skills competition.

Since we generally suck at it, our goalies can't practice it much.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Hard to fault him on the Eichel goals.

My issue with him is he's starting to have Smith bad habits that Smith doesn't get caught so much on.

Play your own game and style, like you did earlier, and you will be fine kid.

He's one of the best goalies I have seen in breakaways.

Not so much in penalty shots and SO.

Strange, but he is better control when he's seeing the whole game, not a single player in a skills competition.

Since we generally suck at it, our goalies can't practice it much.

I think he is doing just fine but now he is staring at being stretched out which should have been part of the plan I the first place. I wasn't simply referring to Eichel's goals as there has been more, he has to protect the post better and up higher. I agree with cross he may be tired both mentally and physically but Smith and Rittich will get some rest at the break.

17 hours ago, MAC331 said:

I think he is doing just fine but now he is staring at being stretched out which should have been part of the plan I the first place. I wasn't simply referring to Eichel's goals as there has been more, he has to protect the post better and up higher. I agree with cross he may be tired both mentally and physically but Smith and Rittich will get some rest at the break.

Oh for sure he needs to work on parts of his game.  The bigger parts are fine, though.  The little parts only get exposed in some games. 

Like with Smith last year, BP has to manage the starts a little better during the Dog Days of February and March.  I hope Smith is able to get wins at a better rate than he has been.  2 wins for every 3 starts would be great.  We don't habd the starter reins to him, just make sure that he gets in enough to lower the workload to about 44-38.  Enough competition to keep them both engaged.     

I'm not sure that last night's game was an indication that we are out of the woods yet.

Puck handling is still an adventure for both goalies.

Both games against the Wings were being down a goal and coming back.

Not a bad game for Smith, but still issues with tracking the puck or players.

He's still fighting the puck.

We just need these guys to settle down a bit.  Wild movements put them out of position. 

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This is dumb by the Oilers here but probabaly your floor for a Rittich deal. Gonna be real toogh for his camp to accept less. 

Koskinen was a UFA at the end of the year where Rittich is an RFA so we might be able to save a few bucks.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This is dumb by the Oilers here but probabaly your floor for a Rittich deal. Gonna be real toogh for his camp to accept less. 

EDM are so desperate they shouldn't the market example for any salary. I would throw out what they pay in any equation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Koskinen was a UFA at the end of the year where Rittich is an RFA so we might be able to save a few bucks.

But only 1 more year of RFA, with arbitration s rights and he's been the better goalie. Maybe it does but I'm skeptical. 

3 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

EDM are so desperate they shouldn't the market example for any salary. I would throw out what they pay in any equation.

unfortunatly it doesn't work this way. 

16 hours ago, cross16 said:

But only 1 more year of RFA, with arbitration s rights and he's been the better goalie. Maybe it does but I'm skeptical. 

unfortunatly it doesn't work this way. 

Didn't it just work with Nylander by throwing out Drasaitl's number. You take 3 or 4 comparibles, years in, games played and negotiate so of course it works that way. You don't just go to the highest number out there and give it away. Well at least BT doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

It should be in the CBA. 

"In the instance that a player's agent and team cannot agree on compensation, an arbitrator will use comparables to determine the appropriate compensation (Note: salaries for the Edmonton Oilers shall not be used as comparables in any instance)."

Term on Rittich will be the key to the signing.

At his current pace, it isn't realistic to expect <4 going forward.

If he stumbles, go from there.

But expecting a goalie putting up Top 10 numbers in the world to be a bargain <4 isn't realistic.

He'll be 27 to start next year, any bridge will be a year or 2 imho.

Still too early on value though. He still has a lot of play ahead of him.

I think Rittich can be signed for under $4.5M barring him securing the Vezina as the season winds down. Koskinen played in the KHL for years so he has a bit more leverage experience wise, plus it’s his 2nd stint in the league. 

This is all but means goodbye to Talbot, should be interesting what they end up giving up by TDL

6 minutes ago, rickross said:

I think Rittich can be signed for under $4.5M barring him securing the Vezina as the season winds down. Koskinen played in the KHL for years so he has a bit more leverage experience wise, plus it’s his 2nd stint in the league. 

This is all but means goodbye to Talbot, should be interesting what they end up giving up by TDL

Send Gillies+ up to Endmonton for Talbot.

1 hour ago, Cowtownguy said:

Send Gillies+ up to Endmonton for Talbot.

Knowing our luck Gillies would come back to haunt us! With Chia Pet in full on desperation mode we all know he’s gonna get fleeced by whoever he’s trading with. We could probably get McDavid and Draisaitl for Gillies and Prout

Not a bad idea to see what we have in Gillies...just in case Parsons/Macdonald or Schneider don’t pan out. 

29 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Maybe Chia only reads the headlines but not the whole article.  

The $13.5M dollar save. :ph34r:

I wonder if he can do it again?

PC obviously thinks he can.

BSD must be thinking he is worth double that.

This is not the time to be side tracking BSD with $ talk. Now is the time to keep BSD focused on the task at hand. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CheersMan said:

The $13.5M dollar save. :ph34r:

I wonder if he can do it again?

PC obviously thinks he can.

BSD must be thinking he is worth double that.

This is not the time to be side tracking BSD with $ talk. Now is the time to keep BSD focused on the task at hand. 

:lol::lol: A part of me wants to drive up to Edmonton, do a river dance jig, hula hoop thing or whatev in front of Chiarelli, and collect my 6 x $6m contract.

Maybe Chiarelli thinks about the Flames too often when building his team. Yamamoto is clearly not the equivalent to Johnny even though a lot of Oiler fans seemed to think that until annoying reality brought them back down to earth. Koskinen is not a Kiprusoff, sorry. When Kipper made those stupid good saves that still have me scratching my head, he actually meant to make them. Whether it was that crazy one where he smacked the puck with this calve, or barely stopping it with his paddle right on the goal line, he knew what he was doing. That fact that many people here know the saves that I am talking about shows why Kipper is a legend. Kipper had a handful of weak games in Calgary and it was apparent when he struggled. You could pretty much guarantee that when he did have a less than stellar game, the net would be emptier than Rosie O'Donnell's dinner plate the next game.

The Oilers are hooped at this point. They should either put Chiarelli out of his misery by firing him now, or extend his contract even for just a year. Leaving him squirm like this only increases the likelihood that he will make a desperation move. Signing Koskinen now instead of in the off-season just dropped what little they could get for Talbot. When Talbot leaves, I suspect that he turns things around if put in the right situation.

I contend that Chiarelli's awkward situation is indicative that those above him are incompetent. He is most certainly not the only fool up in that organization. One or two trades is not going to turn around this team.

29 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

:lol::lol: A part of me wants to drive up to Edmonton, do a river dance jig, hula hoop thing or whatev in front of Chiarelli, and collect my 6 x $6m contract.

Maybe Chiarelli thinks about the Flames too often when building his team. Yamamoto is clearly not the equivalent to Johnny even though a lot of Oiler fans seemed to think that until annoying reality brought them back down to earth. Koskinen is not a Kiprusoff, sorry. When Kipper made those stupid good saves that still have me scratching my head, he actually meant to make them. Whether it was that crazy one where he smacked the puck with this calve, or barely stopping it with his paddle right on the goal line, he knew what he was doing. That fact that many people here know the saves that I am talking about shows why Kipper is a legend. Kipper had a handful of weak games in Calgary and it was apparent when he struggled. You could pretty much guarantee that when he did have a less than stellar game, the net would be emptier than Rosie O'Donnell's dinner plate the next game.

The Oilers are hooped at this point. They should either put Chiarelli out of his misery by firing him now, or extend his contract even for just a year. Leaving him squirm like this only increases the likelihood that he will make a desperation move. Signing Koskinen now instead of in the off-season just dropped what little they could get for Talbot. When Talbot leaves, I suspect that he turns things around if put in the right situation.

I contend that Chiarelli's awkward situation is indicative that those above him are incompetent. He is most certainly not the only fool up in that organization. One or two trades is not going to turn around this team.

Shhhhh

• Like 1