s4xon

11 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

So why would some posters on this forums want to tarde or not renew our goalies and get Petr Mrazek from Detroit who has worse stats?

cf86c7130ba9395255e985befca7c402.png

Why would you not keep your eyes open for a younger "potentially" better goaltender if one becomes available ? We could bring Elliott back but for how long on his next contract 1 year ? 2 years ? 3 years, you can be guaranteed he will have his ears open for the longest term he can get. If you bring him back on a 3 year deal BT likely starts trading off a few of our younger goalies or we start using the younger goalies as back ups to push him. Go with Mrazek and Riitch then we have the Czech connection. Time will tell.

On 3/6/2017 at 7:53 AM, MAC331 said:

Why would you not keep your eyes open for a younger "potentially" better goaltender if one becomes available ? We could bring Elliott back but for how long on his next contract 1 year ? 2 years ? 3 years, you can be guaranteed he will have his ears open for the longest term he can get. If you bring him back on a 3 year deal BT likely starts trading off a few of our younger goalies or we start using the younger goalies as back ups to push him. Go with Mrazek and Riitch then we have the Czech connection. Time will tell.

He Mrazek is already costing 4m / yr until end of next year. He is younger but not showing he has more potential yet.

We have young up and coming goalies already in the system why would we be watching and paying assets for one from another team? It is not like we are short on goalies in our system.. I dont see any of our prospects ready to step up yet so a couple more years is okay. If one of our prospects does step up then Elliot can become a valuable trade piece if we want.

Why do we need a Czech connection? what benefit does this bring/guarantee our club?

All most of us asked for from this tandem is we get average goaltending. I think we got that and a bit more. Bishop would be an upgrade but I am not sure we have the dollars cap space to acquire him.

29 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

He Mrazek is already costing 4m / yr until end of next year. He is younger but not showing he has more potential yet.

We have young up and coming goalies already in the system why would we be watching and paying assets for one from another team? It is not like we are short on goalies in our system.. I dont see any of our prospects ready to step up yet so a couple more years is okay. If one of our prospects does step up then Elliot can become a valuable trade piece if we want.

Why do we need a Czech connection? what benefit does this bring/guarantee our club?

All most of us asked for from this tandem is we get average goaltending. I think we got that and a bit more. Bishop would be an upgrade but I am not sure we have the dollars cap space to acquire him.

Have to agree here. For me it is better to dance with the devil you know than the devil you don't. We have a tandem that seems to work well, I would try and sign short them both short term if we can, It buys some time to see what we have in the minors

11 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

You buy and pay for experience at the NHL level in the all out effort to improve our team. If BT doesn't think Mrazek provides an upgrade or long term solution he won't waste assets trying to acquire him. Trading will always take place and should take place form a position of surplus, the Flames are fast moving into such a position. I happen to think Mrazek is younger and better than Elliott and with 1 year remaining on his deal is worth a look see. I haven't heard anyone raving about our pipeline goalies, they may have good qualities however will have to be worked into a team that continues to gather experience.

As far as the Czech connection,it always amazes me with you how you take a word or someone thought and make a stupid issue about it. Do you find that necessary ?

I don't want average goaltending for tis team I want exceptional goaltending, why would we settle for less ?

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

You buy and pay for experience at the NHL level in the all out effort to improve our team. If BT doesn't think Mrazek provides an upgrade or long term solution he won't waste assets trying to acquire him. Trading will always take place and should take place form a position of surplus, the Flames are fast moving into such a position. I happen to think Mrazek is younger and better than Elliott and with 1 year remaining on his deal is worth a look see. I haven't heard anyone raving about our pipeline goalies, they may have good qualities however will have to be worked into a team that continues to gather experience.

As far as the Czech connection,it always amazes me with you how you take a word or someone thought and make a stupid issue about it. Do you find that necessary ?

I don't want average goaltending for tis team I want exceptional goaltending, why would we settle for less ?

Must you sling mud every time someone questions your ideas? 

What do you think DET would want back in return and you be willing to pay it?

1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

What do you think DET would want back in return and you be willing to pay it?

Just slinging some of the mud back where it came from.

I don't know specifically how DET sees their position of rebuild or retool. I would say retool given the vets they still have there. My feeling is they are stuck with Howard much like we were with Wideman and will make the best of Howard and Coreau. I would have to think BT could use a combination of prospects and picks hopefully without using our #1 unless an extension is agreed to by the player and team. Worth asking IMO especially if he would extend at 4 or 4.5M if its a no go we can stay with Elliott for a few more years.

On 3/6/2017 at 7:53 AM, MAC331 said:

Go with Mrazek and Riitch then we have the Czech connection. Time will tell.

22 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

10 hours ago, MAC331 said:

9 hours ago, CheersMan said:

8 hours ago, MAC331 said:

Just slinging some of the mud back where it came from.

Not seeing any mudslinging, just a simple question.  Now, everyone play nice, or I'll send you all to your rooms for a time-out.

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎09 at 7:30 PM, AlbertaBoy12 said:

We have rooms? I knew I liked this sight for a reason.

Just to get back on track with the discussion, I would have no problem with signing back Elliott. I think he is a good goalie and has the experience factor we could use to bring in a few of our prospects. How long do you sign him for and for how much becomes the question ? I would say it takes 3 years at 3.5M which is fine with me but I don't bring back Johnson. Next season could be the time to have a look at Rittch as the back up for some games.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

Yes Carty and yours even has clean sheets.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, CheersMan said:

Hmmm........no plug-ins for his 70 inch TV.

240889cc38b03f966b31439480a2b9a2.png

hannibal_lecter_animation.gif    

c7374e18b270a6b5bd6814cf8467c102.png

So I was at the NHL site and first thing you see is 3 stars of the week and who is the ? Not Elliott But Bernie with his 3.0.0 with 1 shut out ? So how is that a goal with 1 shut out passes by a goalie with 2 shut outs and 3 strait wins I'm confused so 2 strait shutouts are not as star worthy as 1 shutout? Please thats so American Bias in my mind any way. Maybe they don't consider Sat part of the week? To funny I think it is very Bias group of ppl who choose.   

30 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Nope I'm wearing me St Paddy's day underwear that's holding in place me Lucky Charms.

Now I'm no expert on this, but it looks to me like your doing it wrong...

b4330b370182494516fa839779cadcc0.png

• Like 1

On 2017-03-11 at 11:13 PM, Carty said:

240889cc38b03f966b31439480a2b9a2.png

hannibal_lecter_animation.gif    

c7374e18b270a6b5bd6814cf8467c102.png

Gee Carty, I'm taking that to mean it wasn't in the romantic sense we thought when you asked for the hostess to come alone.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Here is what is waiting for you if your use of said "unmentionable on Flames Forum" word impacts the game negatively......

Image result for simpson pitchforks

There's that & the fact Kulstad mentioned something about wishing to swing the big hammer. Been a while so he's getting itchy.

Carty knows the 1 I mean.

:o

7 hours ago, zima said:

So I was at the NHL site and first thing you see is 3 stars of the week and who is the ? Not Elliott But Bernie with his 3.0.0 with 1 shut out ? So how is that a goal with 1 shut out passes by a goalie with 2 shut outs and 3 strait wins I'm confused so 2 strait shutouts are not as star worthy as 1 shutout? Please thats so American Bias in my mind any way. Maybe they don't consider Sat part of the week? To funny I think it is very Bias group of ppl who choose.   

Years ago, I gave up on the Flames organization or individual Flames players getting the attention that they deserve. My only question is whether the sports media would be content for the Leafs to play split squads with themselves. That is, do they really need any other teams in the NHL? It seems that this is the only way that they will ever win again.

• Like 1