Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

4 minutes ago, manu12 said:

Walman traded to San Jose along with Tampa's 2nd round pick which DET acquired earlier in the Gibson trade.

A second pairing LHD-man with some size and a hard shot, wouldn't have mind if Conroy got him + another 2nd

https://www.nhl.com/news/detroit-red-wings-trade-jake-walman-to-san-jose-sharks

He does have a 10 team NTC, so it is likely that Calgary was on that list.

I don't want the Flames to trade away another first rounder to get out of a contract. I'd be willing to put up with it through a retool. I get it will win us out of a #1 chance. By the time the player drafted now or next year is in their prime, Huberdeau's contract will be nearly over, about 2-3 years left on it. Live with it for now. 

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I'm not saying it's easy to move Huberdeau but we have to consider all ways to cut our losses short and move on.  Think about the 2028/29/30 teams.

Do you mean trading him in one of those years?  By then $10.5M will be chump change, LOL.

He has a full NTC until the last 2 years then a 12 team to be traded to list.

Right now it's just money that we are paying.  He isn't worth it.

It doesn't prevent us from signing or trading for a player that will cost help us long term.

Huberdeau isn't getting that type of player in return anyway.

Unless he is high performing, it's a cap dump. 

Far fetched trade idea, and just for some context, there was a poster on another forum site suggesting that they heard Calgary might be looking to trade for Morgan Frost.

To Calgary:

Morgan Frost

Cam Atkinson/Ryan Johansen (cap dump)

32 overall

To Philly:

Middle round pick

29 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I don't know what Yzerman's got going on, but Walman for 2 yrs @ $3.4 per + 53rd oa this year for future considerations sounds a lot like something the Flames should be in on.

Think he needs to sign Raymond and Seider. That's gonna be expensive.  Might be thinking Edvinsson is ready. 

Man the Red Wings has a few good pieces but overall, that's not a pretty looking roster. 

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Think he needs to sign Raymond and Seider. That's gonna be expensive.  Might be thinking Edvinsson is ready. 

Man the Red Wings has a few good pieces but overall, that's not a pretty looking roster. 

Yeah, I'd hate to go after Gibson atm.

Walman's cheap per abilities compared to Chiarot and Holl, who are likely impossible to move. Copp's been a fail also.

Still in talks with Kane, maybe that's the rub. He's getting up there though.

Maybe we're going to bromance Stamkos. lol

I wonder scenario’s could be had for Conroy to move from 28th into the top 20?

NJ (10th), Buffalo (11th), Philadelphia (12th), Minnesota (13th), Detroit (15th), St. Louis (16th), Washington (17th) and the Islanders (20th) are all teams that are looking to get better right now and might be willing to move back in the right deal.

I am guessing that Andersson would be attractive to a lot of those teams. Not sure if Kuzmenko or Mangiapane would be enough to make that kind of move even with salary retained. Maybe Coleman? Cash in on a great season from Sharangovich.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Do you mean trading him in one of those years?  By then $10.5M will be chump change, LOL.

You may be right after all.  I have never been a fan of inflation and the Bank of Canada and Federal Reserve destroying our purchasing power over time but maybe this one time, just this one time... Save the Flames.  May a roll of toilet paper cost $1-million by 2030. 

4 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Far fetched trade idea, and just for some context, there was a poster on another forum site suggesting that they heard Calgary might be looking to trade for Morgan Frost.

To Calgary:

Morgan Frost

32 overall

To Philly:

Middle round pick

Was just tossing this around, I would consider it if Philly gave us their 14th but not 32 overall. Briere moves out 11-plus million in cap space by only giving up a first-rounder. Hell, we gave up Mony and a possible 10-16 draft pick for future considerations. 

6 hours ago, JTech780 said:

To Calgary:

Morgan Frost

32 overall

To Philly:

Middle round pick

1 hour ago, tmac70 said:

Was just tossing this around, I would consider it if Philly gave us their 14th but not 32 overall. Briere moves out 11-plus million in cap space by only giving up a first-rounder. Hell, we gave up Mony and a possible 10-16 draft pick for future considerations. 

I had heard Philly was looking to move Frost.  Maybe not a Torts guy?

If the 32nd could be had by doing a cap dump, sure.

You can use RJ, though I don't like him that much.

Maybe he's a buyout next summer,

I think the 32 is realistic and underrated pick.

There will be fallers like when Stankhoven dropped.

More likely guys slated to be top 30 and have some questions.

Frost is still a player I would have interest in if I was Calgary and they continue to get linked. 

Not sure why Philly would want to deal him now though. Torts was hard on him during the year but it sounded like they found common ground towards the end of Torts was happy with the improvement he say in Frost. 

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

Interesting article on Hubie…it’s not trade related but the end of the article hints towards what may be happening should this situation continues with Hubie…So it could be trade related..

https://www.habsfanatics.com/nhl-team/calgary-flames/jonathan-huberdeau-has-just-been-called-up-for-a-major-meeting-in-montreal?

Huberdeau to MTL let's go.

19 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

The article is kinda hinting at it no?

I didn’t read that at all in the article. The article basically is talking about Huska trying to figure what Huberdeau needs to get back to being an elite player. At the end of the article there was speculation from the writer that if things don’t turn around soon for Huberdeau that Calgary might look to move him, but that they aren’t there yet.