Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Could be a great short and long-term C for the Flames.  What could we offer that Ottawa might be interested in?  How about Anderson?

4 minutes ago, cberg said:

Could be a great short and long-term C for the Flames.  What could we offer that Ottawa might be interested in?  How about Anderson?

Ottawa has to forfeit their 1st either in 2025 or 2026. So Vegas’ 1st in 2026 might be enticing. I do think they want roster players, I am not sure they will get that.

Any deal with the Flames would have to include a long term extension if we move Andersson or the 1st.

I don’t except the Sens to ask for picks I think they’ll want help now. I think a trade surrounding Anderson and Pinto the most logical place to start. 

wouldn’t be a player I would be aggressive after but if the package is right I’d be interested. Wouldn’t move picks for him. 

also be surprised if he ends up moving. Trade request is likely a negotiation tactic 

Do you think Colorado would consider a trade like this:

Kuzmenko (50% retained) for

Nichuskin and 2016 1st?

Helps them fill a top 6 role and helps them with cap space.

We take a flyer on Nuke finding chemistry with Naz again?

20 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Do you think Colorado would consider a trade like this:

Kuzmenko (50% retained) for

Nichuskin and 2016 1st?

Helps them fill a top 6 role and helps them with cap space.

We take a flyer on Nuke finding chemistry with Naz again?

Wasn't he suspended from the league?

For the Player Assistance debacle.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Wasn't he suspended from the league?

For the Player Assistance debacle.

Yeah 6 month suspension and yes in the player assistance program. He is eligible to be playing hockey in November again, just curious if this is a high risk high reward move that Calgary would consider? Currently I don’t think Colorado can even bring him back and for under the cap.

12 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Yeah 6 month suspension and yes in the player assistance program. He is eligible to be playing hockey in November again, just curious if this is a high risk high reward move that Calgary would consider? Currently I don’t think Colorado can even bring him back and for under the cap.

COL has big cap problems.  I would love to snag Nich, but his last two years he showed as being a bit of a douchebad.  I'm not sold that it's all on him but there are some signs.  Wouldn't do Kadri for it though.  Lose a top C for a winger.

Conroy made mention to it today, but there are a lot of teams that spent a lot of money today, and he is available to help them out with cap space.

I would be calling around offering to “help” teams out. Hey Trotzy, we would love to take that Cody Glass contract off your hands, just throw us one of those 2nd round picks for next year and you have yourself a deal.

• Like 1

The Blues landed Radek Faksa for future considerations and Mathieu Joseph and a 2025 3rd for future considerations.

I am fine with not taking on those players as they would have added to the back log of forwards and the return wasn’t good enough to help the Flames.

Nice work by Armstrong and the Blues though. Two guys that will help their bottom 6 and make them much tougher to play against.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTech780 said:

The Blues landed Radek Faksa for future considerations and Mathieu Joseph and a 2025 3rd for future considerations.

I am fine with not taking on those players as they would have added to the back log of forwards and the return wasn’t good enough to help the Flames.

Nice work by Armstrong and the Blues though. Two guys that will help their bottom 6 and make them much tougher to play against.

Trade Kyrou is always my shot at him. Not a Kyrou fan. Send him to Torts. lol I'm sure that would go well.

I wouldn't rather have Brian Elliott though, as an example.

Apparently Nashville is looking to shed salary now, with Glass and Fabbro being likely on their way out. I could see either being targets for Calgary, but I wouldn’t pay for either of them. Future Considerations type trades.

42 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Apparently Nashville is looking to shed salary now, with Glass and Fabbro being likely on their way out. I could see either being targets for Calgary, but I wouldn’t pay for either of them. Future Considerations type trades.

Okay, I will bite.

What's wrong with Cody Glass and Fabbro?

Do you think they are strictly cap dumps?

Or you mean you don't want to give them assets to help them out?

16 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Okay, I will bite.

What's wrong with Cody Glass and Fabbro?

Do you think they are strictly cap dumps?

Or you mean you don't want to give them assets to help them out?

I don’t think either are worth giving up assets for, but for free they would be worth taking a gamble on, especially in Calgary’s position.

Glass was a high pick, but hasn’t been able to stick in the NHL consistently, mostly due to his skating. He is skilled and given the right circumstances he might figure it out.

Nashville has been trying to trade Fabbro for awhile and haven’t been able to find any takers. Again he was highly regarded after being drafted, but just hasn’t lived up to the expectations. We could use another defense who can potentially play top 4 minutes. I just don’t think you give up assets for Fabbro.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Seen some

rumors floating around about Necas trade to VCR or Cgy…thoughts?

seems in line with what the Flames are trying to do, regarding age and upside.

53 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Nooo please not here.

Great player.  Wrong timing. 

Yes I’m of the same opinion, though he is the same age range as Shar…could be a good winger for him…but cost vs reward is the question?!

• Like 1

It's too bad nobody utilizes the offersheet. It's a tool that should be utilized in constructing a roster.

This isn't a great example because I think WPG would match, but Cole Perfetti. An offersheet of 4.5x1 would only cost you a 2nd. Less expensive than a trade, gets you a really good, young player. 

Sillinger or Marchenko in Columbus. They have the cap space, but there's new management in place, no loyalty to any of those guys.

7 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It's too bad nobody utilizes the offersheet. It's a tool that should be utilized in constructing a roster.

This isn't a great example because I think WPG would match, but Cole Perfetti. An offersheet of 4.5x1 would only cost you a 2nd. Less expensive than a trade, gets you a really good, young player. 

Sillinger or Marchenko in Columbus. They have the cap space, but there's new management in place, no loyalty to any of those guys.

I agree in theory. 

would point out that the Flames are not eligible for all offer sheets. Can't use their first rounder as there are conditions tied to it.