Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

40 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I think the chances of Coleman being moved are extremely slim. I can't say that definitively of course but I don't expect him to be moved. 

I think the team loves him, sees him as a key part of what they are doing, and by all accounts he loves it here. 

I don't think Mang is in the same boat.

Hes the one under the radar player I can see moving.. I'd bet money either way he doesnt start next season 

52 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Wondering if we may see Mangiapane's name out there more in the next 48 hrs. UFA following next season and while I do like his game, if your going into a retool and can get an asset or 2 for him I think he makes sense to move. 

His spot alongside Backs and Coleman is a perfect integration spot for young players. 

I'd like to move Mangiapane too.  But I'm guessing we see Tarasenko-level returns.  A couple mid-round picks.

6 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I'd like to move Mangiapane too.  But I'm guessing we see Tarasenko-level returns.  A couple mid-round picks.

Hard to say, Tarasenko had a full NTC and expiring deal, Mang has 8 team NTC and another year.  I don't expect a great return either way and don't see him sticking after his deal expires.

54 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I like this idea also to move Mangy, regardless of its current worth. He has gotten to stale for this Flames team.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

So I assume Hanifin finally put ink to paper.   It's the Flames shopping him to see if the return is better.

Or it's just fake news to pump Hanifin's stock.

Ryan Leslie and a guy on twitter aren't exactly sources you'd use to get news out though. The guy on twitter has broken some stuff and I think he has connections to the Flames via Vladar (works with him through a car dealership), but that's not exactly a good outlet to get your news/fake news out. Think he's also admitted he knows some agents that give him stuff. 

I think if the Flames wanted to spread something they'd use the mainstream sources. That's why I still think Hanifin is traded and it just may be he's indicated to some he's somewhat torn. 

I think the news about upping the offer is likely just bad intel which is pretty common in today's social media age. 

59 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Agreed, maybe a 2nd would be the highwater mark for me. Might get a player for player deal. 

I'd still do it because I would value the spot for a young player more. Put Pelletier/Coronato on that line and watch them flourish. 

Plus I don't think Mang stays here once his contract is up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Agreed, maybe a 2nd would be the highwater mark for me. Might get a player for player deal. 

I'd still do it because I would value the spot for a young player more. Put Pelletier/Coronato on that line and watch them flourish. 

Plus I don't think Mang stays here once his contract is up.

Trues.  It's just the right direction to free up a spot for Pelletier or even Zary.  Honzek may even play next season and could start on LW. 

7 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Fan960 Sportsnet  sucks!!! They're going on and on about food. It's just bad. If I wanna sit and listen to guys talk about this, I'd sit at the pub with buds! Wtf!!

Its been a slow and painful death for that station over the last decade and a half.  I listen to pre and post game when I go to games, but outside that I haven't listened in a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sak22 said:

Hard to say, Tarasenko had a full NTC and expiring deal, Mang has 8 team NTC and another year.  I don't expect a great return either way and don't see him sticking after his deal expires.

Ya hopefully we can get more but I'm not sure the demand for Mange is high.  He's having a below average season.

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

I'm referring to Hanifin. 

And the commentary was around people getting mad at the agents and the process, suggesting the Flames would take a lesser deal to send him to Tampa. I'm simply pointing out that doesn't feel like the case given it's not a robust market to deal with. 

You don't get peak value on an expiring deal and that's not what i'm expecting. if there is a deal and it's something along the lines of a 1st, Howard and a mid round pick it would only be slightly below what I expected for Hanifin. It would be below though but I just don't think there is much Conroy can do about that given the market. 

Hanifin should command a lot, sorry.   Thought you meant Markstrom.

Hanifin for sure.   If he's not a rental.  That's the thing 

7 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Ya hopefully we can get more but I'm not sure the demand for Mange is high.  He's having a below average season.

I would say total it is his average, he is on pace for 46 points which is more than last year, and around what he was on pace for in the 56 game season, if you take the totals of the previous 2 seasons 55+43 you get 48 average and  I would say given his body of work he is a 45-50 point player, the 35 goals is an outlier, but for 5.8m it is decent value.  I don't think you move him out for contractual reasons, just think going forward its in each others best interests to move on. 

53 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Ryan Leslie and a guy on twitter aren't exactly sources you'd use to get news out though. The guy on twitter has broken some stuff and I think he has connections to the Flames via Vladar (works with him through a car dealership), but that's not exactly a good outlet to get your news/fake news out. Think he's also admitted he knows some agents that give him stuff. 

I think if the Flames wanted to spread something they'd use the mainstream sources. That's why I still think Hanifin is traded and it just may be he's indicated to some he's somewhat torn. 

I think the news about upping the offer is likely just bad intel which is pretty common in today's social media age. 

I don't verify rumours other than looking at the source twitter and seeing if they have ever done anything that suggest they know anything.  The problem is when there is a lack of anything credible from usual sources.  Leslie suggested they might circle back.  Another guys says they have an contract offer in their back pocker because they don't like the offers so far.  I don't see how that would benefit the Flames to leak it.  If he hasn't signed he ain't signing.  

There is nothing out there remotely credible.  Wennberg traded.  Byram traded.  Walker traded.  Tank traded.  Those are at least real.  

13 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Another guys says they have an contract offer in their back pocket because they don't like the offers so far.  I don't see how that would benefit the Flames to leak it.  If he hasn't signed he ain't signing.  

Just playing devils advocate for fun.. not saying this is the case..   but to leak what he left on the table makes the Flames look like the victim when he is ultimately traded for a lower than expected return.. much like everybody knew what Johnny left on the table.. that was no accident 

6 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Just playing devils advocate for fun.. not saying this is the case..   but to leak what he left on the table makes the Flames look like the victim when he is ultimately traded for a lower than expected return.. much like everybody knew what Johnny left on the table.. that was no accident 

JG signed for $9.75M which is only about $750k below what he supposedly left on the table.  The owners were ticked he didn't sign and (they felt) strung us along.  We got nothing for him, but that was the risk we took.  Not sure how this is even the same, assuming there is any truth to the leak.

I am resigned to the fact that he will be traded.  I will just be annoyed if he goes to the team he leaked he wanted to go to, for a lesser than par value for the player.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I am resigned to the fact that he will be traded.  I will just be annoyed if he goes to the team he leaked he wanted to go to, for a lesser than par value for the player.

I on the other hand hope he gets a deal from his leaked preferred team for far less that his offer. This sends a message.

3 hours ago, MP5029 said:

So for all those who thought Bryam wasn’t possible out of Col…he was and that’s a missed opportunity 

Yes, but not for a rental, older player. So, never available to the Flames.

34 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

If you want to really go there, are the Flames the ones leaking the Tampa interest because who they want to trade with needs to up their price...

4 minutes ago, cberg said:

Yes, but not for a rental, older player. So, never available to the Flames.

mid have traded them both Hanifin and Lindholm for him... if it meant having him long term... maybe they throw in a pick or something.

Just now, cross16 said:

why not!?

I mean, he got offered 7.5 in Calgary. After taxes, how much is that anyway? 

I wouldn't know so it's a real question 

is it 4.5, 5, 6? So really, he could take that much or a pay cut and still take home what he would in Calgary.

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

If you want to really go there, are the Flames the ones leaking the Tampa interest because who they want to trade with needs up their price...

not impossible -- if I were Craig I'd be playing TB off Boston .. off Fla.. etc.. all Atlantic teams 

Just now, The_People1 said:

Interesting.  VGK has all their 1st round picks for next 3 years.  They draft well.  Would make for a better trade partner than TB I would think.

Yes please!

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Interesting.  VGK has all their 1st round picks for next 3 years.  They draft well.  Would make for a better trade partner than TB I would think.

and Gee.. Alec Martinez just happened to go on IR today.. how Convenient LOL

• Haha 1