Flames Board Hockey Pool

conundrumed

All Star Break Idea:

have all the North American leagues come together and all-star the same weekend to showcase the talents across leagues. Play them against their own leagues or integrate them with the NHLers. 

Men Women and teens and so on... 

anyone have any ideas on how to make all star weekend interesting? 

could be cool way for the top draft picks showcase themselves in the jr and college leagues.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2024 at 1:32 PM, rocketdoctor said:

Wow massive night for Red and Zirak.  Thought I was putting some daylight between us!!

Should be an interesting run in.

Long ways to go to catch up but your team injuries have helped my climb

On 3/22/2024 at 1:32 PM, rocketdoctor said:

Wow massive night for Red and Zirak.  Thought I was putting some daylight between us!!

Should be an interesting run in.

Next couple days I could elevate to striking of your lead. Will see though. Trying to make it a photo finish.

9 hours ago, The_People1 said:

My D and G costed me probably 1000 points this season alone.  I have scored the most goals in the whole league but D haven't chipped in with assists.  Also second worst G stats.  

I had some real disasters. Wanted Buchnevich, got Kyrou. Meier is typically top shelf, but nearly alone, he absolutely devastated me this year. He's picked it up now, but half a year with him and an oft-injured Hughes pretty much crushed me. I bet on NJ and lost. Go figure.

Thought Hill solved G for me, but a lot of IR. Anyone else notice that IR was really hard to come by this year? I had guys out for weeks without IR status.

On the bright side, Harley, Duschene and Moore were great, for guys that should be the bottom of your roster. Top of mine. lol

This season for me will go down as close but no cigar.

My pre-draft ranking were big mistakes.

Went high on D, so I drafted a lot of D.

I have very few other players that met their draft rankings.

My best pickups were Weegar and Sharky.

Some of my higher draft picks were dropped.

I had Couture for what seemed ages.

Closest I got to Rocket was about 200 points in the middle of the season.

Then the bottom fell out.

No better than 4th this season.

Every time I get close in points to Rocket he seems to catapult to a big lead. If I would have stuck with just 2 or 3 trades after the draft this year i would probably be leading. But what fun is that, I enjoy moving players in and out of my lineup. Gives me my own little game within a game. I would be proud to come in second to Rocket but will be giving it my damnest till the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Every time I get close in points to Rocket he seems to catapult to a big lead. If I would have stuck with just 2 or 3 trades after the draft this year i would probably be leading. But what fun is that, I enjoy moving players in and out of my lineup. Gives me my own little game within a game. I would be proud to come in second to Rocket but will be giving it my damnest till the end of the season.

I didn't pay attention to the post draft available players.  At the time, I had a couple of players I really didn't want and had at least one on IR.  You have to round out your lineup early on for sure.  But adding a player as they start to break out is a good thing too.  Sometimes I held on to a player too long, other times I gave up too early.

The biggest mistakes I made was adding and dropping players based on schedule.  There were a few weeks that I had all players on the same night, then nothing the next day.  That's okay for a short time, but you have to look farther ahead.  A short term fix sometimes made it worse.

It's fun to add and drop, but usually I added and dropped at the wrong time.

• 2 weeks later...

4.25 points in the lead with 2 days left. 

But unfortunately the Oilers have 2 games left and that is probably bad news for me and grerat news for Redfire!!

That Dylan Cousins drop with one game left on his schedule (schmuck went and got 43 points the night I dropped him) could really hurt me.

However it ends, it has been a lot of fun for my first hockey draft.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

But unfortunately the Oilers have 2 games left and that is probably bad news for me and grerat news for Redfire!!

That Dylan Cousins drop with one game left on his schedule (schmuck went and got 43 points the night I dropped him) could really hurt me.

The converted touchdown win by EDM didn't help you.

Not much you can do to widen the gap when that team plays.

Great season for you, almost wire-to-wire.

And the other contender drains a 30 footer while you double bogie on the 17th hole.

Ya regardless of the finish, congrats on an excellent first season.

I'm personally disappointed the chat feature was shut down all season.  Makes interacting in the pool very difficult.  Yahoo probably did this to force everyone to download their [s]spyware[/s] app and I'm in protest of that.

Beginners luck? @flames-fan-in-jets-land won last season as a rookie too.  

11 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Ya regardless of the finish, congrats on an excellent first season.

I'm personally disappointed the chat feature was shut down all season.  Makes interacting in the pool very difficult.  Yahoo probably did this to force everyone to download their [s]spyware[/s] app and I'm in protest of that.

Beginners luck? @flames-fan-in-jets-land won last season as a rookie too.  

2019 was my first season. I'm easy to forget as I'm usually nowhere near contention.

10 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Lol sorry I think I was confused with @travel_dude.  I think he won the first year with us.

Was that year 1?  The only reason I won was that there was a re-scheduled game after the last NHL games played.  That allowed me to drop everyone but those two teams that were playing.  Unlike the Flames winning game 82 last year, that wasn't a moral victory for me.  It was just playing the game.

well got to say it was close.

Down to a 0.75 point lead with one night of games left.   

Some last minute roster changes got me over the line. 

The Brit wins!!  😊😋

Congrats rocketdoctor!!  It's not easy to win but you made it look easy.  Basically led the entire season.  Well done.