Flames Board Hockey Pool

conundrumed

I'm feeling like this is my year....to finish in the bottom 3rd. I have zero idea how to rank a lot of guys starting with:

Stutzle, Hughes, Hischier, Pettersen, DeBrincat, Keller, Chychrun...endless list of lucky guesses. Are the old guys still in the top 30?

McDrai and then everything looks like a crapshoot.

I may just have to leave it to yahoo for once.

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I'm feeling like this is my year....to finish in the bottom 3rd. I have zero idea how to rank a lot of guys starting with:

Stutzle, Hughes, Hischier, Pettersen, DeBrincat, Keller, Chychrun...endless list of lucky guesses. Are the old guys still in the top 30?

McDrai and then everything looks like a crapshoot.

I may just have to leave it to yahoo for once.

Bump - this may have been messed up due to the attack of the bots.

• 2 weeks later...

So yes I took a 3rd goalie in Aidan Hill. I had too many C only guys (4).

He'll start tonight, I'll take the start, whatevs.

Why is nobody taking Seattle or Vegas goalies? Like, what's up? Solid teams are wins, at worst. I don't love Vanacek, but he's NJ's goalie. NJ's really good.lol

Leave Husso and Detroit out of this, I love Husso.

I took Hill for the start, but I'm moving him out for a 2-3rd line W. If he does great, I'm holding him for trade. Nothing stupid, just a 2-3 winger.

Teams have some seriously underrated prospects a few years into dev. And who doesn't love keeping a spot open to adventure? Always turns into 3, I know. But it's an adventure...😘 

May your adventures blossom into prosperity.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

So yes I took a 3rd goalie in Aidan Hill. I had too many C only guys (4).

He'll start tonight, I'll take the start, whatevs.

Why is nobody taking Seattle or Vegas goalies? Like, what's up? Solid teams are wins, at worst. I don't love Vanacek, but he's NJ's goalie. NJ's really good.lol

Leave Husso and Detroit out of this, I love Husso.

I took Hill for the start, but I'm moving him out for a 2-3rd line W. If he does great, I'm holding him for trade. Nothing stupid, just a 2-3 winger.

Teams have some seriously underrated prospects a few years into dev. And who doesn't love keeping a spot open to adventure? Always turns into 3, I know. But it's an adventure...😘 

May your adventures blossom into prosperity.

I have Gru, but that was just luck through rankings.

Loved the 1st look at my goalies in the Det vs NJ game. Both were great and holy crap talk about pace from both teams. Detroit shoulda been up a couple after 1 but 2 hard posts said no. NJ found their legs in the 2nd and Jack Hughes is an absolute weapon.

Great game to watch. The refs even called off a kicked-in goal. I had forgotten that they can do that.

Now the Wings get to play TBay....tough start to the season but they've fairly been owning TBay recently. They looked great, but NJ looked exactly like NJ.

Feeling pretty sweet about my Cs and Gs but avg everywhere else.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

look this yahoo message board missing thing is putting a kink in my bragging rights!!

I am a bit lean in games tonight so expecting RED to overtake me.

Kudos on leading the pool without a single Oiler on your team.

That's awesome.

I'm lurking in 10th, kinda like the Flames lurking outside the playoff picture.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I've been in freefall for a solid 2 weeks now. Everything is broken, but I'd still drop Kane.lol

I jumped to 5th, which is huge for me.  But still almost 400 behind.  Can't close that gap.

My team gets into a sequence where they all play together.

My top D and one of my original picks on LTIR.  

20 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

look this yahoo message board missing thing is putting a kink in my bragging rights!!

I am a bit lean in games tonight so expecting RED to overtake me.

The new guy is showing us how it's done!  A great start so far for sure.

I'm also really disappointed about the chat/message board disappearing.  It takes a lot away from the fun of the pool.  I guess Yahoo has been on the downfall for over a decade now.  Cost cutting anywhere they can.  If the chat/message board doesn't come back, then we may have to move the pool to another platform.

50 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I jumped to 5th, which is huge for me.  But still almost 400 behind.  Can't close that gap.

My team gets into a sequence where they all play together.

My top D and one of my original picks on LTIR.  

Yes it's frustrating when the league have no games like tonight then 14 games tomorrow and then none on Thursday (yeah I know its Turkey time), but the league do this all the time.  Only becasue I joined the fantasy pool do I now realise how stupid there fixture list is.   One night 1 or 2 games the next night everyone is playing.   Just seems very odd they don't even out the schdule more.

3 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Yes it's frustrating when the league have no games like tonight then 14 games tomorrow and then none on Thursday (yeah I know its Turkey time), but the league do this all the time.  Only becasue I joined the fantasy pool do I now realise how stupid there fixture list is.   One night 1 or 2 games the next night everyone is playing.   Just seems very odd they don't even out the schdule more.

There are times where is gets worked out and is balanced.  But it's close to impossible to run a team some weeks.  They have Huberdeau listed as a C/LW.  When has he ever played C?  Just one example.  Really the luck of the draw was the initial teams.  If your draft list was right, you would probably have a good season.  But if you ended up with too many C's and LW, then you have a harder time. 

If you typically have all teams playing on a night, January will see that balance out.  Once you get Christmas and the mandated week offs done, it's basically play, day off, play.  Wonder if we get an easy sched to end the year?  Or are we playing the teams that we are fighting for a WC spot.  Too far ahead to look.    

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

So do you guys use the Yahoo app and is the chat working ok there?  I don't want to install another app on my phone.  Feels like they did this on purpose to increase downloads.

I've had it for a few years. Yeah the chat works, and you're probably right.

But the good news is that the Bruins have only lost twice in regulation this season. Once to the Wings, and then the second time today, to the Wings. That's all that matters.lol

But yikes Caps...

14 hours ago, The_People1 said:

So do you guys use the Yahoo app and is the chat working ok there?  I don't want to install another app on my phone.  Feels like they did this on purpose to increase downloads.

I just use desktop.  Hate having lots of apps on my phone.

Redfire back in the lead!!