Flames Board Hockey Pool

conundrumed

On 11/24/2023 at 2:42 PM, The_People1 said:

So do you guys use the Yahoo app and is the chat working ok there?  I don't want to install another app on my phone.  Feels like they did this on purpose to increase downloads.

I have used it(the app) a few years now.  I now find it easier to activate for the week through the app than the web. 

I can confirm the messaging works a couple of ways in the app.

I'm just taking Wings. They're high-scoring.

Holy disappointment in Kyrou (53rd for RW), Necas (40th) and Carlson (40th for D). Just terrible for pools this year.

If I sit Kyrou occasionally, it's the rare occasion he gets 2 assists. Same with Necas. My 2 main RW's were a nightmare. 4th liners for pooling. Wish I got rid of Kyrou immediately because I never wanted him.

It's also hellyear for IR. It just isn't happening if it's <month injury.

I think Meier was 7 games.

I was okay until Hughes' brief injury, everyone but Dunn and Hill just spiralled downwards. I've run out of spit and bubblegum.lol

I feel like the Sharks.  A dismal start and now so far back I can't even see the leaders.

No excuses.  My place is mostly decided by poor rankings of Flames that I thought would bounce back.

They may still, but are so far back of their equally ranked brothern.

Grubauer completely sucks this year.

What, me complain?

13 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I'm just taking Wings. They're high-scoring.

Holy disappointment in Kyrou (53rd for RW), Necas (40th) and Carlson (40th for D). Just terrible for pools this year.

If I sit Kyrou occasionally, it's the rare occasion he gets 2 assists. Same with Necas. My 2 main RW's were a nightmare. 4th liners for pooling. Wish I got rid of Kyrou immediately because I never wanted him.

It's also hellyear for IR. It just isn't happening if it's <month injury.

I think Meier was 7 games.

I was okay until Hughes' brief injury, everyone but Dunn and Hill just spiralled downwards. I've run out of spit and bubblegum.lol

RW is tough this year.  Feels like there's only 12 good ones and we have 15 teams.

NJD was supposed to be good (still might be) but injuries... and they are still young.  Tough division.  Tough Conference.  Maybe next year is their year.

My team has been so average.  7 to 10 all season basically.  Stuck in mediocrity just like the Flames.

Good grab on Ingram, I knew holding out one more day wouldn’t work. ARI’s playing some fun hockey. Hoping Hill won’t be out long but zero information re injuries is the norm.

Kane should be debuting the winged wheel promptly. See what the shuffle looks like. Raymond with Fabbri wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

10 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Good grab on Ingram, I knew holding out one more day wouldn’t work. ARI’s playing some fun hockey. Hoping Hill won’t be out long but zero information re injuries is the norm.

Kane should be debuting the winged wheel promptly. See what the shuffle looks like. Raymond with Fabbri wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

Nice to have something to look forward to.  With the Flames it seems like we are hoping for a trade to change the Blands (I mean Flames).  Wait for Wolf to get a win?  Wait for Huberdeau to look more than zero dimensional.  Wait for Mangiapane to play like a top 9 player.  Wait for Ras to play like a top 4 D.  Wait for Pelletier to come back and change the look.  Talk about which D to trade first (Hanifin) and what we should get for Lindholm.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

Injury bug hit my boys.  

Connor, Svechnikov, Theodore, Rust, Buraskovsky, Lehkonen.

Don't want to be on my team you might get snake bit.  

I ended up with Couture who hasn't even sniffed the ice.  Now my number 2 goalie (after sucking all season) is on IR.

I ended up with Huberdeau and Mangiapane who are best described as "underperforming".

I would almost do better to scratch Huberdeau every game, as he is a Minus Muncher.

He costs points more often than adds them.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I ended up with Couture who hasn't even sniffed the ice.  Now my number 2 goalie (after sucking all season) is on IR.

I ended up with Huberdeau and Mangiapane who are best described as "underperforming".

I would almost do better to scratch Huberdeau every game, as he is a Minus Muncher.

He costs points more often than adds them.

And yet you rejected my Eichel for Huberdeau+ Heiskanen offer.  Eichel is having a career year now thanks to you.

9 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

And yet you rejected my Eichel for Huberdeau+ Heiskanen offer.  Eichel is having a career year now thanks to you.

He would be out LTIR is I made that trade.  The Heiskanen part of the trade was the one that I couldn't get over.

I don't exactly remember the full value.  Was I getting one for two?

As it stands today, even with a sucky Huberdeau those two players combine for 34 points to Eichel's 33.

On 12/14/2023 at 11:32 AM, rocketdoctor said:

Injury bug hit my boys.  

Connor, Svechnikov, Theodore, Rust, Buraskovsky, Lehkonen.

Don't want to be on my team you might get snake bit.  

You are slowly pulling away Doc. and Zirak's coming up to replace me in 2nd. It would be fun to have a 5 or 6 team scramble at the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, redfire11 said:

You are slowly pulling away Doc. and Zirak's coming up to replace me in 2nd. It would be fun to have a 5 or 6 team scramble at the end of the year. 

Anyone that has an Oiler that plays on the PP gets the extra points due to the points for a PP goal.

In other words, 50% of their scoring.  The usual suspects play most of the PP minutes, maybe taking a 30 second break.

I ain't whining.  You get the players by rating certain players high.

What is truly remarkable is that the top 3F and 2D almost never miss a game.

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Anyone that has an Oiler that plays on the PP gets the extra points due to the points for a PP goal.

In other words, 50% of their scoring.  The usual suspects play most of the PP minutes, maybe taking a 30 second break.

I ain't whining.  You get the players by rating certain players high.

What is truly remarkable is that the top 3F and 2D almost never miss a game.

It's funny how my #2 pick DrySaddle is in 19th spot and my 32nd pick Miller is in 2nd. 

17 hours ago, redfire11 said:

It's funny how my #2 pick DrySaddle is in 19th spot and my 32nd pick Miller is in 2nd. 

In Draisaitl's case, all it took was a very slow month for him and McD for him to drop back.

He doesn't score points like McD, but he is almost guaranteed points in games when they score goals.

Drai may look bad now, but at the end of the year he will help your pool a lot more than JT.

I myself may have been better off just leaving the NHL rankings alone.

Instead I bumped up several players that I seemed to get.

If the Flames were rocking, I would be knocking.

But they be suckin' so I say a lot of phrases with the word f-in' in them.

I ended up happy with the draft and maybe should have just left it as is, outside adding Hill. So hard to wait on guys that will maybe have A LOT better 2nd halfs, but were torture. My entire team went cold a few weeks ago. Like ice cold where 80pts from a full roster was a top shelf night. I coulda kept E. Kane but that's too dirty for me. No Leafs, no Oilers and I'm good with 10th.lol I have standards.

Heart over head. It keeps Fabbri and Walman on my roster. Wish the Flames had a Walman.

I really should have taken Hill and Thompson at the same time, which I strongly considered. Wasn't ready to bail on Vanacek and I should have known better.

RD's killing it. Who invited him, anyways?lol Red's being Red, Zirak hunting, Ox and Chucky on nice runs.

I've gotten zero IR this year, just guys "out" for weeks with zero updates.

Timo Meier got paid, and has been god awful. Took at least a 200pt hit with him from expected. Could have had Greer.lol

On 12/17/2023 at 12:09 AM, conundrumed said:

I ended up happy with the draft and maybe should have just left it as is, outside adding Hill. So hard to wait on guys that will maybe have A LOT better 2nd halfs, but were torture. My entire team went cold a few weeks ago. Like ice cold where 80pts from a full roster was a top shelf night. I coulda kept E. Kane but that's too dirty for me. No Leafs, no Oilers and I'm good with 10th.lol I have standards.

Heart over head. It keeps Fabbri and Walman on my roster. Wish the Flames had a Walman.

I really should have taken Hill and Thompson at the same time, which I strongly considered. Wasn't ready to bail on Vanacek and I should have known better.

RD's killing it. Who invited him, anyways?lol Red's being Red, Zirak hunting, Ox and Chucky on nice runs.

I've gotten zero IR this year, just guys "out" for weeks with zero updates.

Timo Meier got paid, and has been god awful. Took at least a 200pt hit with him from expected. Could have had Greer.lol

89rrkp.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

Oh good night Red.  Catching me back up.

Been hit with injuries to my big boys and the D Corps have started crapping the bed.   Nicushkin on the rehab so no idea when he will be back.

Could be an interesting run in.

The closest I got was about 250 behind.  I haven't been close since.

It's a close race between you an the guy that has Oilers and Nucks players.

That said, you have been able to keep your distance.