2023 Prospects Tourney

conundrumed

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

I'm glad to see  back

Thanks @jjgallow.  Nice to be back ☺️

...and I hope he stays around and addresses more of them.

if you're talking about "why people don't stay on the boards", my personal belief is that this place can spiral to the depths of the official Facebook group sometimes, and I've gotten to the point where I don't even read the comments on there anymore when the team posts anything.

He asked for us to submit any issues to him but it wasn't specified if that should be  in the format of a google doc or more like a database that can be queried.

Simple screenshots or descriptions will suffice.  I'd be rather interested if you can create and send me a database (since that's what I do for living IRL).....could be interesting

Anyway things seem to be on the up and up there.

Assuming nothing, and you'll never be disappointed 😉

3 minutes ago, zima said:

So let me get this straight if the fans on this forum are not a 100% positive thinks then they shouldn't be posting on this site do I understand this correctly? 

I don't think that's what he's saying at all, @zima, at least I certainly hope not.  Healthy debate can be a great thing, but shit-posting just for the sake of stirring the pot (aka trolling) can be subjective, and if you (general "you", not you specifically) feel there's too much of it happening, it can definitely wear on you

On 9/22/2023 at 10:06 AM, jjgallow said:

Soo..  I'm gonna call BS on that.  Not necessarily BS on you, but that whole concept which has been brought up on here a few times about why people don't stay on the boards.

I can list a Lot of reasons why.  I'm glad to see @Kulstad back, and I hope he stays around and addresses more of them.  He asked for us to submit any issues to him but it wasn't specified if that should be  in the format of a google doc or more like a database that can be queried.   Anyway things seem to be on the up and up there.

If you read @cross16's last few posts,

Yes, okay.  He got into it with me, and a few others, about the whole rebuild concept. True.

However.

His posts are not the shining example of positivity this summer that you described.   Actually his general tone is that he is Pissed.   At, well, the owners.    He argues against "rebuilds" but he is also very much Not a supporter on here of some of the short term decisions made and he has very openly blamed ownership for that.

I've never actually thought of his views as that different from mine, and some of the others on here that he has run-ins with.   The only real big differences I can see are:
1.  He gets pissed when people aren't speaking his language

2.   He believes that fans should remain positive, trust management, spend more time enjoying the product than questioning it

3.   He believed in BT.  He saw the flaws, but blamed ownership for them.

Other than that, yeah, I don't think he's against keeping draft picks, making good draft decision, developing players, I don't actually think there are any core conflicts.  I don't believe there ever were.

His posts have been, to be honest, rather negative this summer and in conflict with #2.

Really, I think he, and Many, many fans right now, are conflicted, and this causes them to enter into:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

tbh.  I think that is the current situation.

I get like that too during playoffs and leading up to playoffs.  Others follow it more broadly.

Big questions remain around ownership.  Big questions remain around Conroy.   I think I might just be the biggest Conroy supporter on these boards to date, but even I've got questions.

Honzek better be good.

Call it whatever you want, we are, clearly going through a transition period and that is hard on some people.  Especially if you've got a claim on some sweet seats.

I dont know what to expect. Just hoping for entertaining hockey this year, anything different from the snooze fest that was last year.

On 9/22/2023 at 11:02 AM, Kulstad said:

Thanks @jjgallow.  Nice to be back ☺️

if you're talking about "why people don't stay on the boards", my personal belief is that this place can spiral to the depths of the official Facebook group sometimes, and I've gotten to the point where I don't even read the comments on there anymore when the team posts anything.

Simple screenshots or descriptions will suffice.  I'd be rather interested if you can create and send me a database (since that's what I do for living IRL).....could be interesting

Assuming nothing, and you'll never be disappointed 😉

I don't think that's what he's saying at all, @zima, at least I certainly hope not.  Healthy debate can be a great thing, but Satoshi Nakamoto-posting just for the sake of stirring the pot (aka trolling) can be subjective, and if you (general "you", not you specifically) feel there's too much of it happening, it can definitely wear on you

If you are doing databases then I will get you your database lol.  Sounds like a deal.  I am severely lacking in time right now though, and also not able to log on from a lot of devices currently (that will be in the database).     As soon as I get a few hours to myself with no interest in getting other work done I will put it together.

I have never seen the facebook group, and after your description probably never will lol

On 9/22/2023 at 2:08 AM, rocketdoctor said:

Cross is notable in his absence in this thread.

Anyone got contact with him?

hey rocketdoctor. Appreciate the note. Yup all is good here. Life just took over  and I really haven’t had the time. May be around more with the season starting(as time permits)

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 9:06 AM, jjgallow said:

Soo..  I'm gonna call BS on that.  Not necessarily BS on you, but that whole concept which has been brought up on here a few times about why people don't stay on the boards.

I can list a Lot of reasons why.  I'm glad to see @Kulstad back, and I hope he stays around and addresses more of them.  He asked for us to submit any issues to him but it wasn't specified if that should be  in the format of a google doc or more like a database that can be queried.   Anyway things seem to be on the up and up there.

If you read @cross16's last few posts,

Yes, okay.  He got into it with me, and a few others, about the whole rebuild concept. True.

However.

His posts are not the shining example of positivity this summer that you described.   Actually his general tone is that he is Pissed.   At, well, the owners.    He argues against "rebuilds" but he is also very much Not a supporter on here of some of the short term decisions made and he has very openly blamed ownership for that.

I've never actually thought of his views as that different from mine, and some of the others on here that he has run-ins with.   The only real big differences I can see are:
1.  He gets pissed when people aren't speaking his language

2.   He believes that fans should remain positive, trust management, spend more time enjoying the product than questioning it

3.   He believed in BT.  He saw the flaws, but blamed ownership for them.

Other than that, yeah, I don't think he's against keeping draft picks, making good draft decision, developing players, I don't actually think there are any core conflicts.  I don't believe there ever were.

His posts have been, to be honest, rather negative this summer and in conflict with #2.

Really, I think he, and Many, many fans right now, are conflicted, and this causes them to enter into:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

tbh.  I think that is the current situation.

I get like that too during playoffs and leading up to playoffs.  Others follow it more broadly.

Big questions remain around ownership.  Big questions remain around Conroy.   I think I might just be the biggest Conroy supporter on these boards to date, but even I've got questions.

Honzek better be good.

Call it whatever you want, we are, clearly going through a transition period and that is hard on some people.  Especially if you've got a claim on some sweet seats.

Nope not accurate at all actually

I simply didn’t have the time. I didn’t find it too negative (was tired of the same discussion again and again though) but life just took over and I didn’t have much to comment on during a very slow off-season. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 3:20 AM, conundrumed said:

He gets fed up and goes on hiatus sometimes I believe. Completely understandable.

He's very knowledgeable and a boon for the board. He's also very measured about sticking with being confident about the team and players. 

I respect him a ton. This board can be downright depressing when the overtones hit an almost crescendo of negativity. It truly isn't worth being around. I almost didn't bother returning a few years ago, I had better things to do than read about how everything sucks all of the time.

It was actually seeing an email that @robrob74 dm'd me I thought maybe I'd try again after quite awhile away and renewed the "positivity" thread. He's only learned that right now, it was literally that email.lol

As for @cross16, I'm a big fan. Reading comprehension is a skill. There are more than a few indications in his tone at times that he's had enough. And that's completely fair. I hope that he's had a great summer and we can have conversations again that aren't widespread pissing and moaning.

Which is almost asking too much from CDN fanbases.

What is the SC scoreboard now? Something like US franchises: 37 Canada: 0.

I'm certain that there aren't reasons.🙄

Thanks conundrumed.

Just life taking over. work, travel and with such a slow off-season didn't feel like many good discussion moments.

Probably be around here more that the season is starting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Nope not accurate at all actually

I simply didn’t have the time. I didn’t find it too negative (was tired of the same discussion again and again though) but life just took over and I didn’t have much to comment on during a very slow off-season. 

As long as I'm not being blamed it's a win lol.

Hope you had a nice summer