2023 Prospects Tourney

conundrumed

18 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I'm not so sure high end 1st rders qualify as surprises, but every team is pretty much thrown together without much time together and no one has played high-end competitive hockey for a while. So it should look a lot like pond hockey, which is actually my favourite kind of hockey.

I'll be comparing notes between Honzek and Danielson. Rumour(mildly verified) has it Detroit was taking one of them come hell or high water, if not both if possible. And Calgary wasn't budging on their 16th oa if either were there. Some were a little surprised that he lasted until 16th.

Was a really deep draft. I wouldn't have budged on the 16th OA either 

Hopefully the stream is as good as the Detroit one was. Outside of the commentary that was pretty awful due to huge stretches of story-telling rather than commentating. Not sure what happened with the 1st game, TML vs CBJ. I got in from work and it was on standby. Announcers came on briefly and said there's 12 minutes left in the first, 2-0 CBJ, there are ice surface issues, then the stream just turned into "Thank You for Watching".

4-2 Dallas. Elmer Soderblom doesn't need to be at this tourney. He's just hands down way better than everyone else. Amadeus Lombardi is fire. Looks like a 1st rder ('22 4th rd). Danielson is as advertised, plays the whole ice calmly like a general. Immediately takes charge on the PK covering lanes and pointing to teammates where to be. Cossa was weak letting in 3 in the 1st half, Bednar took over and played really well. Gave up nothing. 4th was en.

Logan Stankoven was nearly invisible. Christian Kyrou was really noticeable for Dallas, in on everything. Poirier was solid in net.

2 of Dallas' goals were 3-on-0 and 3-on-1, Cossa's reads were awful though. Cheating the pass and the puck-carrier beats him short side.

Get ready for mistake-riddled hockey and don't blame.lol They haven't played competitively in a while. The systems are, "get out there and do your best". If Lombardi's linemates were aware of his passing skills he'd have had about 4 more assists. Dude is going to be a good player. Impressed the heck out of me with Flint, here against better players was no different. He'll be in the A, but he's not going to make that an easy choice by the looks of him rn.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Yesterday, when Steinberg was comin' at us from the Jack Rebney Winnebago Mobile Studio in sunny Penticton, he was saying that the Flames had been in discussions with Manny Viveiros (calling in on the Atlas Pizza and Sports Bar Guest Hotline) about playing Samuel Honzek up the middle. I wasn't sure where he'd line up for this tournament, but alongside Kerins and Coronato seems like a pretty good place to be.

Love.

Edited to include that today I learned that Jack Rebney passed away in May at the age of 93. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Downloading UBlock Origin(free) ended all that for me. It works beautifully now. My source for Tappara and the SHL loaded with Wings and future Wings.

I have no issue with it, except for the first couple of clicks.  Using Chrome, I don't worry about hacks.

Anyway, I rarely watch them unless no access on TV, if no U Tube.

Sometimes the last week of the season, I watch the end of a game or OT.

Other than the 5% tax, Flames hockey is a good reason to live in AB.

Always on TV.  Never forced to watch Coilers.

Don't think I missed any regular season games when I wanted to watch them.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I have no issue with it, except for the first couple of clicks.  Using Chrome, I don't worry about hacks.

Anyway, I rarely watch them unless no access on TV, if no U Tube.

Sometimes the last week of the season, I watch the end of a game or OT.

Other than the 5% tax, Flames hockey is a good reason to live in AB.

Always on TV.  Never forced to watch Coilers.

Don't think I missed any regular season games when I wanted to watch them.

I'm all about Firefox. Open source and everything done by extension. So it's simplified. Plus I'm a big fan of Mozilla as an org and the Mozilla Foundation for their research.

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'm all about Firefox. Open source and everything done by extension. So it's simplified. Plus I'm a big fan of Mozilla as an org and the Mozilla Foundation for their research.

My days of bothering with tech are mostly behind me.  Too many years of IT, so I just go to whatever is easiest for me.

Things used to be such a struggle, now I just search and pick up whatever is easy, or go to my fave Ruskie site.

They used to have some weird adds.

But the coverage was NHL centre Ice and HD quality.

That was after another streamer got shut down.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Flames gotta get skating!!

Further on Mozilla Foundation, their latest, time to attack the auto industry if they have any employees left...

https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/privacynotincluded/articles/its-official-cars-are-the-worst-product-category-we-have-ever-reviewed-for-privacy/

TG that I like older vehicles.  

My 84 CRX and 03 Trailblazer.

Vehicles I can fix without using quantum conmputing or linking to a satelite.

Me wife likes new vehicles, but I am reluctant to get one you need to "log on" to use.  LOL