15th: vs Van 8:30pm

16th: vs Oilers 8:30pm

18th: vs Jets 12:00pm 11am (changed)

All times MST

edit

Roster and sked:

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flames-open-2023-prospects-training-camp

edit 2

Most teams are likely broadcasting from their websites, so here's all tourney skeds:

https://insidetherink.com/nhl-prospect-tournaments-begin-this-week-full-schedule/?expand_article=1

26 minutes ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

I know that. I was saying they have zero updates/news/hype, whereas the Wings had their roster up 3 weeks ago. Fans are excited and discussing possible lines, pairings etc. Aka generating excitement/conversation. Here, crickets. Not interested in PR?

Whereas Detroit's site 3 weeks ago...

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/red-wings-release-2023-nhl-prospect-tournament-roster-and-schedule-345657788

11 hours ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

well i think part of the late is cause they massivly updated the website

Stop making excuses for lame mgmt.lol

Will we see:

Honzek-Nikolaev/Kerins-Coronato 1st line?

Looking fwd to seeing how Stromberg looks. No Ronni, Liiga's already rockin'.

Invites (all CHL):

Jari Kykkenen/G/Kelowna/19yo

Dmen:

Charles Cote/Rimouski/19yo 6'6" oowee

Tyson Galloway/Calgary/20yo

Mikael Diotte/Drummondville/20yo

Donovan McCoy/Peterborough/18yo

Quinn Mantei/Brandon/18yo

Forwards

Oliver Tulk/C/Calgary/18yo

Oliver Peer/C/Windsor/20yo

Nathan Pilling/C/Edmonton/19yo

9 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'm not trashing them, but it seems like we have old hockey minds that don't think in terms of multimedia.

Twitter (X) used like they owe money to SN and let SN decide how to report it.

No real fresh ideas in marketing.  same stuff over and over again.

Surprised they don't have the Score-o net during intermissions.

Peter Puck the new mascot?

Not sure how they expect to promote the team if they don't spend money on marketing.

Excitement of the new prospects and new draft cchoices?

Ho hum, see some players play.

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I'm not trashing them, but it seems like we have old hockey minds that don't think in terms of multimedia.

Twitter (X) used like they owe money to SN and let SN decide how to report it.

No real fresh ideas in marketing.  same stuff over and over again.

Surprised they don't have the Score-o net during intermissions.

Peter Puck the new mascot?

Not sure how they expect to promote the team if they don't spend money on marketing.

Excitement of the new prospects and new draft cchoices?

Ho hum, see some players play.

Yeah it's a bummer when I see Detroit putting a lot of effort in, stories together, events etc in fun ways, not just a dry report/statement. It's like the high energy out-going friend and then the other expressionless friend that never gets excited about anything.lol

24 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Yeah it's a bummer when I see Detroit putting a lot of effort in, stories together, events etc in fun ways, not just a dry report/statement. It's like the high energy out-going friend and then the other expressionless friend that never gets excited about anything.lol

Like comparing Loubo with .......

Debbie Downer -141

16 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Hoping to see Honzek at C. 

With that size, if they can have him as a centre, that’s a premium asset to have I. The organization.

I'm not sure why they'd try that rn. Maybe a few reps swapping spots with Nikolaev. I want to see Honzek on Kerins' left. Kerins should be up for a really good season this year.

I think a few guys will surprise us with how good they actually are.

Kerins, Stromgren, Duarte, Peer off of the top of my head.

We really need to bare in mind that everyone in this tourney missed a year of hockey-playing development in 2020. Peer could be the epitome of an overlooked player. Not even drafted in jr. Had to make a solid Spits team out of camp. Shades of Mangiapane but missed a year of playing. I hope he does well, great skater when I've seen him. Duarte's another one whose entire path is paved by determination. I love guys like that!

On 9/11/2023 at 5:07 PM, conundrumed said:

Will we see:

Honzek-Nikolaev/Kerins-Coronato 1st line?

Looking fwd to seeing how Stromberg looks. No Ronni, Liiga's already rockin'.

Invites (all CHL):

Jari Kykkenen/G/Kelowna/19yo

Dmen:

Charles Cote/Rimouski/19yo 6'6" oowee

Tyson Galloway/Calgary/20yo

Mikael Diotte/Drummondville/20yo

Donovan McCoy/Peterborough/18yo

Quinn Mantei/Brandon/18yo

Forwards

Oliver Tulk/C/Calgary/18yo

Oliver Peer/C/Windsor/20yo

Nathan Pilling/C/Edmonton/19yo

Nice to see a good chunk of D invites.   Interested to see what they do.   They don't all seem like charity cases as has been seen in some past years.   A few of those guys look promising.

6 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Nice to see a good chunk of D invites.   Interested to see what they do.   They don't all seem like charity cases as has been seen in some past years.   A few of those guys look promising.

It seems like a good mix of stay-at-home and O-minded dmen. Baring in mind they're all undrafted, I think Duarte and Peer(players I'm a bit familiar with) are a pretty good indication that they're trying to find guys that go hard despite how they've been perceived.

Also important to remember that Peer's invite is undoubtedly because Marc Savard has been his coach for the last 2 seasons and is now an asst for us. He sees something there, I hope. I can say he's a great skater, but have only seen him a few times.

I expect the games to be loaded with mistakes up the ying-yang, but interesting to see what each player can showcase vs quality opponents in the same age group.

I don't have much doubt that Coronato will be on a whole other level from the action. Just don't get hurt!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It seems like a good mix of stay-at-home and O-minded dmen. Baring in mind they're all undrafted, I think Duarte and Peer(players I'm a bit familiar with) are a pretty good indication that they're trying to find guys that go hard despite how they've been perceived.

Also important to remember that Peer's invite is undoubtedly because Marc Savard has been his coach for the last 2 seasons and is now an asst for us. He sees something there, I hope. I can say he's a great skater, but have only seen him a few times.

I expect the games to be loaded with mistakes up the ying-yang, but interesting to see what each player can showcase vs quality opponents in the same age group.

I don't have much doubt that Coronato will be on a whole other level from the action. Just don't get hurt!!!!

Yup, hopefully we didn't invite THAT defenceman.

Honzek well be there?  I'm looking for a potential surprise out of him

15 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Also interested to see what these goalies are. I'm gonna love this. Hate the 10:30 starts though...hopefully the Wings prospect games keep me jacked. CBJ's roster is flipping crazy. Holy prospects.

I may need to rely on youtube re-plays.

I'll be watching at 430 in the morning my time. Lol.

Good thing its the weekend 😆

9 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Yup, hopefully we didn't invite THAT defenceman.

Honzek well be there?  I'm looking for a potential surprise out of him

I'm not so sure high end 1st rders qualify as surprises, but every team is pretty much thrown together without much time together and no one has played high-end competitive hockey for a while. So it should look a lot like pond hockey, which is actually my favourite kind of hockey.

I'll be comparing notes between Honzek and Danielson. Rumour(mildly verified) has it Detroit was taking one of them come hell or high water, if not both if possible. And Calgary wasn't budging on their 16th oa if either were there. Some were a little surprised that he lasted until 16th.

• Like 1