2023 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

1 minute ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

and calling someone post bs is wrong first weather you follow the wings or not the point is that was a dirty play and a intent to injure play and to be exact he was suspended for the tourny for it i wasnt running down the player i was stating a fact i didnt not like the play so i would not like that player on my team due to that hit i didnt not say anything bs about that player only the truth of what happened and what i felt

Not only was that post BS, every one since is BS. You've never even watched Joe Veleno play but that 3 seconds tells you he's the most vile player to ever lace 'em up. So you would NEVER have him on your team. bwahaha that's hilarious.

Forget BS, you've regressed to idiotic. Quite the hill that you've chosen to die on.

14 minutes ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

if stating what i feel isnt allowed im sorry

It is allowed.

Just like it is also allowed for everyone.

If conundrumed feels your post is BS he is allowed to say so.

It works both ways my guy.

• Like 1

Okay guys, please respect each other's opinion.  

As a Wings fan Conumdrumed would have a strong opinion of players.

If an Oilers fan called out someone like Gio for trying to break McDavid leg, we would call them out.

So, it's really not that different.

As a Flames fan, TC would have strong opinions about the types of players we should be looking at.

Many times we veto players like that.

And many times those opinions get called out.

We don't have to agree on everything, but let's take the temperature down.  

The back and forth doesn't make it any better.

Let's drop it an move on.

Both have made their points.

16 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If an Oilers fan called out someone like Gio for trying to break McDavid leg, we would call them out.

As a Flames fan, TC would have strong opinions about the types of players we should be looking at.

I haven't seen you need to moderate anything in some time here.

I always thought it would be me, feeling a little left out.

Personally when I am faced with life pressures and I am hit with an excessive amount of real-life ridiculousness,  I deal with it by posting ridiculous on here.   Maybe I'm not the only one.  Hope everyone is okay and and wishing everyone well with their IRF challenges.   

32 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

To be fair, I'd call out Benn, Subban and Draisaitl for their bs. To paint Veleno in that kind of light is nothing but laughable. He's not on par with intent to injure Benn, slew-footing Subban or spearing Draisaitl. I mean, it's not even close.

"Who is a really dirty player"?

Joe Veleno. Said nobody, ever. It really is beyond ridiculous. It's slander. Nobody, but nobody, after that play was saying, "well that's Joe Veleno's game". They'd get laughed at. That's all I'm doing. Laughing about implying that it is and therefore he can never be a Flames player.

28 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Personally when I am faced with life pressures and I am hit with an excessive amount of real-life ridiculousness,  I deal with it by posting ridiculous on here.   Maybe I'm not the only one.  Hope everyone is okay and and wishing everyone well with their IRF challenges.   

So, you aren't always serious?

I am disappointed.

We have some doozies of arguments here (you and I), but I think we both tend to walk away.

32 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Several times it should have been.lol

Your welcome.

• Like 1

Just now, conundrumed said:

To be fair, I'd call out Benn, Subban and Draisaitl for their bs. To paint Veleno in that kind of light is nothing but laughable. He's not on par with intent to injure Benn, slew-footing Subban or spearing Draisaitl. I mean, it's not even close.

"Who is a really dirty player"?

Joe Veleno. Said nobody, ever. It really is beyond ridiculous. It's slander. Nobody, but nobody, after that play was saying, "well that's Joe Veleno's game". They'd get laughed at. That's all I'm doing. Laughing about implying that it is and therefore he can never be a Flames player.

Points taken.

Just trying to de-escalate.

And regarding Benn and Draisaitl, they are two players you have to look at their body of work to make a choice.  I don't like Draisaitl, but that's my feeling he is a little baby that only plays when he gets his way.  Maybe not even valid, but that's my feeling about him based on too many views.

26 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

So, you aren't always serious?

I am disappointed.

We have some doozies of arguments here (you and I), but I think we both tend to walk away.

lol I am sorry

If it's any consolation my rants on here are as serious as a rant can be about the inner workings of grown adults getting paid enormous amounts of money to play a kids game and not have to get real jobs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

lol I am sorry

If it's any consolation my rants on here are as serious as a rant can be about the inner workings of grown adults getting paid enormous amounts of money to play a kids game and not have to get real jobs.

You have seen my rants about Sutter no doubt.

I don't agree with everything people say, but I will post my opinion about it.

Up to a point.

At some point it's best just to walk away.

26 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

You have seen my rants about Sutter no doubt.

I don't agree with everything people say, but I will post my opinion about it.

Up to a point.

At some point it's best just to walk away.

Agreed. I wasn't trying to add fuel to the fire. Just pointing out respecting opinions is a two-way street.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Supposedly CAR is shopping Necas and Drury.

Not sure the reason for that.

Cap space doesn't look to be the immediate reason.

No word on ask for either player.

they tend to keep to an internal cap and rely on good drafting and trade off good players to maintain it. Possibly that they just don't want to go over a certain price tag 

12 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

they tend to keep to an internal cap and rely on good drafting and trade off good players to maintain it. Possibly that they just don't want to go over a certain price tag 

This makes sense. Necas is due a pretty good raise.

That said I'd still be really interested.

5 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I looked at CAR's drafting.  Jarvis the only one in the NHL since 2020 draft, good 1st rounder.

Kochetkov in 2019, Svetnikov and Drury in 2018. 

Prior to that, they only have a handful of drafted players remaining on the team.

You could say that they were part of good trades.

Or they gave up on them.

When looking at these two players supposedly being shopped, one is already scoring well.  The other is underutilized maybe.  I think we should be talking seriously with CAR.  What do they need?

8 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

This makes sense. Necas is due a pretty good raise.

That said I'd still be really interested.

Yes, but he is a RFA with arb rights after this year.

Meaning that we may be a fit and sign him or may not and walk to arbitration.

The tryout period is reasonable.

We could re-sign him some time after getting him.

Should we not be thinking about replacing Backlund with a young star?

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Supposedly CAR is shopping Necas and Drury.

Not sure the reason for that.

Cap space doesn't look to be the immediate reason.

No word on ask for either player.

I would definitely be kicking tires there. Looks like there might be some good options out there. Yesterday Steinberg was saying from the Doug Lacey Basement Systems Downtown Studio that the Flames should be looking at Alex DeBrincat as well.

I mean, who knows what the cost would be to acquire these types of players, and I would be extremely wary of throwing too many high picks around, but they seem like the right targets. You'd want to know in advance, of course, whether or not they'd be interested in signing long term in Calgary.

Where our situation is unique is that with so many players coming to term at the end of next season, and the rumours about the salary cap going up substantially, the Flames might be in a position to go shopping where not every other team can.

Love.

9 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Ivan Provorov at 4.7, went for a haul. 

He does have an extra year of term, but has really struggled the past couple of seasons.

The Flames could get a really nice return for 55.

I wonder if they want to build a deeper team with Lindholm at the center of the newbies... 

is Lindholm and our 16th 

for 3rd overall too steep a price? What if they threw in a 2nd rounder or something?

is there a huge difference between 3 and 16 in the draft?

the Jackets would end up with a for sure middle 6F or top4 D at 16. 

it would be a going for it move, or they might think 3rd overall is still a good add this year.

12 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I wonder if they want to build a deeper team with Lindholm at the center of the newbies... 

is Lindholm and our 16th 

for 3rd overall too steep a price? What if they threw in a 2nd rounder or something?

is there a huge difference between 3 and 16 in the draft?

the Jackets would end up with a for sure middle 6F or top4 D at 16. 

it would be a going for it move, or they might think 3rd overall is still a good add this year.

It’s always a more complicated deal when there’s three teams, but they paid a pretty decent price for Provorov.

It’s been said on here before,  but Columbus probably needs to make the playoffs, for their GM to keep his job. Hiring Babcock also kinda shows that.

Its so rare for a top 3 pick to move,  but it would probably be Lindholm, 16th, 2024 1st and maybe more.

32 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Ivan Provorov at 4.7, went for a haul. 

He does have an extra year of term, but has really struggled the past couple of seasons.

The Flames could get a really nice return for 55.

is Hanifin worth that much? 

id hope so. 

I also think we should try for a bit more for Lindholm. I get his numbers weren't great but I also think he was misused last season but that might screw his worth.

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It’s always a more complicated deal when there’s three teams, but they paid a pretty decent price for Provorov.

It’s been said on here before,  but Columbus probably needs to make the playoffs, for their GM to keep his job. Hiring Babcock also kinda shows that.

Its so rare for a top 3 pick to move,  but it would probably be Lindholm, 16th, 2024 1st and maybe more.

that is a lot for that 3rd overall. I dunno if it is worth it considering it might mean that 2024 is a lotto pick if we don't have Lindholm.